collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your Best and Worst Villa Manager(s)  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Lobsterboy

Re: Your Best and Worst Villa Manager(s)
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 01:04:20 PM »
Best: Ron Saunders
Favourite: Ron Atkinson
Worst: McNeill, Lambert (too many to mention in recent times unfortunately)
Least Favourite: O'Leary

Offline Damo70

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »
Ron Saunders, SGT, BFR.

McNeil, Turner, Venglos.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 10:20:20 AM »
The most enjoyment I've ever got out of The Villa were during Gregory's first 12 months or so in charge, top of the league, fun football, supporter engagement and there seemed a real  connection and relationship with the players.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »
The most enjoyment I've ever got out of The Villa were during Gregory's first 12 months or so in charge, top of the league, fun football, supporter engagement and there seemed a real  connection and relationship with the players.

The most fun I had as an adult (I was a kid between 1980 and 1983) was 1987-1988 and 1989-1990 under SGT and 1991-1994 under BFR. I missed the best days under Brian Little as I was living abroad.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
Best BFR worst Billy McNeil but there are a lot of the recent managers who run him close.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2017, 03:58:10 AM »
Best BFR worst Billy McNeil but there are a lot of the recent managers who run him close.

Billy McNeil inherited the mess Graham Turner (aided and abetted by Doug) had made of the club. Just like the managers who followed McLeish inherited a mess. Personally, unlike a lot of people apart from the timing of their departure I don't think O'Neill or Houllier left us in a mess.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »

Billy McNeil inherited the mess Graham Turner (aided and abetted by Doug) had made of the club. Just like the managers who followed McLeish inherited a mess. Personally, unlike a lot of people apart from the timing of their departure I don't think O'Neill or Houllier left us in a mess.

We'll never recover from the financial mess O'Neill tactically left us in.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2017, 01:15:58 PM »

We'll never recover from the financial mess O'Neill tactically left us in.

I thought it was Lerner who got us into a financial mess. If you give a manager money they will spend it. Houllier on Bent, McLeish on Given and N'Zogbia, Lambert on a collection of nobodies, Sherwood on various players and up to and including RDM and Bruce.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 11:20:37 PM »
Best: Saunders
Worst: Take your pick

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal