collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Author Topic: Gordon Taylor  (Read 745 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• coach
  • GM : 27.10.2016
Gordon Taylor
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:28:06 AM »
Not sure if this is a thread anywhere else

This jumped up wanker earns a reputed 4M per year as Union head of the PFA. He is always quick to bleat on about his "poor" members and how the nasty clubs do not do enough for them.

Where is he advising the odious piece of shit Costa for taking industrial action against his own club and refusing to even return to the club and instead stating he will continue to pay the fines until he re signs for Athletico Madrid, even though they have not made a bid as yet.

I bet if Chelsea (quite rightly) publically ripped up his contract and "sacked" him for breach of contract he would raise his weasely voice then

Cnut

Offline Duncan Shaw

• first team
Re: Gordon Taylor
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 11:55:39 AM »
They were talking about this on Talkshite the other morning and agreed with the point above staggeringly.
I thought you were posting to say he'd popped his clogs!

Offline cdbullyweefan

• prolific poster
  • I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 19.01.2017
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »
What's wrong with a union boss protecting one of his members? I'm sure Chelsea will have taken legal advice prior to taking any decision regarding Costa, and it's only fair that he receives representation too, if he pays his subs.

Offline Hookeysmith

• coach
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:20:57 PM »
What's wrong with a union boss protecting one of his members? I'm sure Chelsea will have taken legal advice prior to taking any decision regarding Costa, and it's only fair that he receives representation too, if he pays his subs.

My God is there anyone you will not defend other than someone being remotely Tory.

Its wankers like Taylor and prima donna spoilt children like Costa that has sent this game to shit. Because he has paid his subs Chelsea can go fuck themselves when a multi million pound asset decides he doesn't fancy it anymore. Horrible nasty Chelsea who throw millions of pounds at him each year - what are they thinking to expect him to earn it or honour an agreed contract.

I like your posts but I cannot believe you honestly are trying to defend a piece of shit like Costa

Offline Chris Jameson

• prolific poster
  • DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »
Isn't he merely pointing out that Gordon Taylor is simply doing what he is very well remunerated for? There are two sides to every story and after the way Chelsea behaved over Eva Carneiro it is hard to feel any sympathy for them whatsoever.

Offline Ger Regan

• coach
  • GM : 20.07.2017
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »
Isn't he merely pointing out that Gordon Taylor is simply doing what he is very well remunerated for? There are two sides to every story and as they are Chelsea it is hard to feel any sympathy for them whatsoever.
Fixed that for you.

Offline Bren'd

• player manager
  • GM : 16.05.2016
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
Yes that reads much better.

If I had to put in order the most loathsome of the three parties I'd go..

Chelsea
Taylor
Costa (I like him as a footballer mind)

Offline cdbullyweefan

• prolific poster
  • I still hate Bono.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 03:32:08 PM »

My God is there anyone you will not defend other than someone being remotely Tory.

Its wankers like Taylor and prima donna spoilt children like Costa that has sent this game to shit. Because he has paid his subs Chelsea can go fuck themselves when a multi million pound asset decides he doesn't fancy it anymore. Horrible nasty Chelsea who throw millions of pounds at him each year - what are they thinking to expect him to earn it or honour an agreed contract.

I like your posts but I cannot believe you honestly are trying to defend a piece of shit like Costa

I've no idea what the full story is. I believe an employee is entitled to representation if he earns 100k a week or 100k in a lifetime.

Online PeterWithesShin

• prolific poster
  • GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 07:06:00 PM »
Chelsea didn't mind telling Costa a few months ago feck off and find a new club, so they should suck it up when he then tells them to feck off. As it's Chelsea and Costa hopefully it goes to court and they both lose.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• first team
  • a v f c
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »
How about both club and player honor the contract they both signed??

Offline Hookeysmith

• coach
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »
If anyone amongst us were in a poor situation at work and decided to take action the same as he has then would any of us expect anything but termination of out contract. We all would have an opportunity to claim the businesses action was unfair and offer our version of events but the business would have every right to terminate. Especially if it was such a blatant public expression of disregard for the contract they were under.
My point about Taylor is that he never sees it in the eyes of the employer. In all my time mediating with unions the better ones were the ones that saw both sides and worked to an amicable agreement.
And how his salary is justified is absurd and just as over bloated as a high % of the players he represents.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• prolific poster
  • I still hate Bono.
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 12:46:54 AM »
Of course his salary is ludicrous, but no more so than many sports stars, actors, bankers, oil barons, financial advisors... etc, etc. I'm glad that Gordon Taylor has awoken you to the evils of capitalism. 😉

Offline Chris Jameson

• prolific poster
  • DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 08:33:54 AM »
Having just watched the excellent documentary on Paul McGrath on BT, I don't care what Taylor is paid, he ensured he didn't quit football when Man United offered him 100,000 to quit playing.