collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deep de-Pression  (Read 3264 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Deep de-Pression
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:27:23 PM »
From the heart and no glossing over the position we find ourselves in.

It must be very difficult to write something hard hitting like that immediately after the game.  Professional as ever.

Offline AstonTavernForever

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:28:52 PM »
Well said Dave... Supporters aside who I have a huge admiration for the club have become an absolute joke... A bunch of parasites on the playing squad with no connection to the club or fans,  a succession of horrendous managers and a wealthy chairman who is evidently passionate but doesn't seem to understand what we need.... Where are the voices of Little, Taylor etc or are they not being listened too?
I'd sack Bruce in the morning... The squad is like a crab wading through treacle zero width, zero creativity and heavily reliant on a goalscorer who im sure will be off when fit.
We need a young manager we need to lower the expectation levels and give them two or three seasons to develop and nurture a plan and we need to get back to being Aston Villa.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 11:33:59 PM »
Missed the s out of curse.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:35:39 PM »
It's often said but I genuinely can't remember us being this shambolic, on and off the pitch. I'm 47 and never seen us be this bad on the pitch. Off it, constant ticketing fiascos, latest being Bristol City being sold to anyone rather than criteria based and a week before the Wigan game there's still no tickets for sale. In fact Norwich is the only home game currently on sale.

Offline myf

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
Great piece. We've gone from manager's graveyard to player's graveyard. I haven't been impressed with the owners either. Has anything really changed since Randolph?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 12:42:57 AM »
Norwich at home next. I've lost all confidence. Fucking 3 games in, I've lost all confidence.

Offline davidb

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 04:43:06 AM »
Here y'are.

http://thebirminghampress.com/2017/08/there-must-be-a-positive-somewhere/
Also aside from sir graham Taylor who was the last manager to go on to a better job?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 04:44:22 AM »
I don't think the players have any confidence in Bruce and it's fair to say who can blame them. As supporters we are bewildered by our 'system or style'of play so I should imagine the players are as well. I'd like to think the next piece you write Dave is a lot more positive but I think I know already that our next performance will just be another depressing performance in an already depressing season.Anyway good luck with your articles as it must be bloody hard work writing about the once great Aston Villa these days.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 05:32:51 AM »
And there it is, the reason why I am indifferent to Bruce staying or going, because no it seems that no matter who's name resides over the revolving managers door it makes little or no odds. Any manager worth his salt will avoid us like the plague, leaving us to pick from a field of either chancers or up and coming managers who want to run before they can walk.
The only constant at our club are the magnificent fans and I am starting to wonder how long even this can be sustained.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 06:46:54 AM »
Well written Dave. 

The post above, which I am not criticising,  sums up the managerial failure.  It is not that anybody any good would come to manage the Villa, it is quite the reverse.  Anybody could do better.  The basic ten foot tall message written in fire over Villa Park that we all, everyone of us can see but the last six managers have been blind to is  -  don't hoof the ball.  Play the ball on the ground to one of your own players, make yourself available to receive a pass on the ground from your team mate, run towards the opposition goal.  That is ALL a Villa manager has to do to improve them 300%.  Get them fit and it becomes 500%.  Any manager ought to be able to do it.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 07:09:33 AM »
The basic ten foot tall message written in fire over Villa Park that we all, everyone of us can see but the last six managers have been blind to is  -  don't hoof the ball.  Play the ball on the ground to one of your own players, make yourself available to receive a pass on the ground from your team mate, run towards the opposition goal.  That is ALL a Villa manager has to do to improve them 300%.  Get them fit and it becomes 500%.  Any manager ought to be able to do it.

We've had managers who were supposed proponents of possession based football and yet when they comes its as if everything they hold true drops down a black-hole once they step under through the gates a BMH.
I'm currently sat in my office next to the Amsterdam Arena looking at the youth team training pitches where a few are out already, every single one of these players knows the philosophy of the club knows that it will never alter - why is it that my club are seemingly incapable of even getting the basics right let alone instilling a philosophy about the way to play?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 07:48:23 AM »
The basic ten foot tall message written in fire over Villa Park that we all, everyone of us can see but the last six managers have been blind to is  -  don't hoof the ball.  Play the ball on the ground to one of your own players, make yourself available to receive a pass on the ground from your team mate, run towards the opposition goal.  That is ALL a Villa manager has to do to improve them 300%.  Get them fit and it becomes 500%.  Any manager ought to be able to do it.

We've had managers who were supposed proponents of possession based football and yet when they comes its as if everything they hold true drops down a black-hole once they step under through the gates a BMH.
I'm currently sat in my office next to the Amsterdam Arena looking at the youth team training pitches where a few are out already, every single one of these players knows the philosophy of the club knows that it will never alter - why is it that my club are seemingly incapable of even getting the basics right let alone instilling a philosophy about the way to play?

because we've decided to put off even trying to do it until we're in the premier league and safely in midtable.  Completely ignoring the fact that fixing the problems makes getting there easier.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
Any Jobs going at your place Neil?

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 08:00:58 AM »
Here y'are.

http://thebirminghampress.com/2017/08/there-must-be-a-positive-somewhere/
Also aside from sir graham Taylor who was the last manager to go on to a better job?

None - but there aren't many better jobs if you get it right

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal