collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager suggestions - Now with added poll  (Read 140079 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Manager suggestions - Now with added poll
« Reply #1350 on: December 29, 2017, 12:46:23 PM »
Let him concentrate on playing. Player-coaches hardly ever work. And Little hasn't been successful anywhere since the nineties.

It's a no, from me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:11:42 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline bodkins14

« Reply #1351 on: December 29, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
To be honest the Little comment was a little rose tinted glasses type comment as I couldn't think of anyone else. However I do think he may do ok as a player coach type roll

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #1352 on: December 29, 2017, 03:10:02 PM »
why did Bielsa leave Bilbao sacked or moved on ?
Bilbao " Parted company " with him in 2013 and he has just been sacked by Lille after a  , quote " short lived catastrophe".
His record , during his first season at Bilbao was outstanding when he led the club to both the finals of the Europa League and Copa del Rey , along with a sixth-placed finish in La Liga. But  the next season was spent fighting Relegation......
Barge Pole... not to be touched with..................Godzvilla!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1353 on: December 29, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »
why did Bielsa leave Bilbao sacked or moved on ?
Bilbao " Parted company " with him in 2013 and he has just been sacked by Lille after a  , quote " short lived catastrophe".
His record , during his first season at Bilbao was outstanding when he led the club to both the finals of the Europa League and Copa del Rey , along with a sixth-placed finish in La Liga. But  the next season was spent fighting Relegation......
Barge Pole... not to be touched with..................Godzvilla!

bit of everything there then

I'm sure we all know which bit we'd end up with knowing our luck

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1354 on: December 29, 2017, 03:19:35 PM »
If we're looking for somebody that has experience of managing a big club and the expectations that go with it, plays attractive, progressive football, could set the blue print for the 'Villa Engine', a man all the players would be in awe of and add to that is a Villa fan...

Step forward Cesare Prandelli.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #1355 on: December 29, 2017, 03:35:43 PM »
a man all the players would be in awe of ...

Are players really capable of being in awe of managers these days? I'd love to think so....but they are such pampered bling-merchants that they don't give a rat's arse about a manager's reputation or status. 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #1356 on: December 29, 2017, 03:37:06 PM »

Are players really capable of being in awe of managers these days? I'd love to think so....but they are such pampered bling-merchants that they don't give a rat's arse about a manager's reputation or status. 

I'd generally agree but think there are one or two exceptions, Cesare Prandelli being one.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1357 on: December 29, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »

A lot probably are but we have a clutch of players who must be detached from reality.  If I was a Nzogbia or Richards or Agbonlahor,  coining it in and delivering bog all under the scrutiny of fans and fellow professionals I'd die of shame.  Irrespective of a manager's standing he has to be fully supported in breaking  twats of this ilk. Why does JT look so professional in comparison?  Why? And why do we even need to refer to it? When some more ,err, pragmatic posters still talk about the relative merit of Gabby it makes me want to punch the Internet.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1358 on: December 29, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »
For me Prandelli is like Bielsa. They operate at a higher level. Would they really be willing to schlep it in the Championship at this stage of their life? I’d love to have them as managers in the PL if we ever get back there.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1359 on: December 29, 2017, 04:12:52 PM »

A lot probably are but we have a clutch of players who must be detached from reality.  If I was a Nzogbia or Richards or Agbonlahor,  coining it in and delivering bog all under the scrutiny of fans and fellow professionals I'd die of shame.  Irrespective of a manager's standing he has to be fully supported in breaking  twats of this ilk. Why does JT look so professional in comparison?  Why? And why do we even need to refer to it? When some more ,err, pragmatic posters still talk about the relative merit of Gabby it makes me want to punch the Internet.

In years gone by, the threat of being frozen out was enough for players to want to move on.  That has changed now and I suspect the likes of Richards, Agbonlahor and countless others are probably perfectly happy with that situation as long as the money continues to roll in.  With that threat now gone, the players hold all the cards which makes avoiding signing complete charlatans very important.   

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #1360 on: December 29, 2017, 05:54:03 PM »
For me Prandelli is like Bielsa. They operate at a higher level. Would they really be willing to schlep it in the Championship at this stage of their life? I’d love to have them as managers in the PL if we ever get back there.

Prandelli is working in Dubai at the moment. I reckon he'd jump at the chance but we'll never know unless we ask him.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1361 on: December 30, 2017, 12:36:32 AM »
Forgive me as I posted on the Bruce out article suggesting Strachan. So here is where I suggest opinion on him. He has the dynamics and character Bruce lacks. From the pole Clement or Monk as they are attainable  however from pole I take joankanvic now and give him big platform and budget and voted him. Rodgers would be 2nd choice end of season

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1362 on: December 30, 2017, 10:12:23 AM »

Prandelli is working in Dubai at the moment. I reckon he'd jump at the chance but we'll never know unless we ask him.

I would love either. Good shout.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1363 on: December 30, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

Think he walked out on Valencia because they didn't follow through on the funds he was promised. I guess that's a little bit different to simply working on a tight budget, but I suspect he wouldn't be massively up for that.

Offline cdward

« Reply #1364 on: December 30, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
Andreas Villas Boas is available. Ive always wanted him to be our manager, much in the same way I always wanted David Villa to sign for us. It just seems like a good fit.
 I'm sure he must have a soft spot for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal