collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager suggestions - Now with added poll  (Read 140107 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Manager suggestions - Now with added poll
« on: August 13, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »
Even the most supportive of Bruce fans can see this is going to only end one way, it's seemingly only a matter of when. So with that in mind who would be the realistic candidates?

I assume FFP does not relate to what we pay managers.

I personally would go and prise jokanovic from Fulham. He plays excellent fast paced attacking football and has been quoted at being frustrated at Fulham.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:06:50 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Manager suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
Can we actually attract managers from the likes of Fulham anymore ?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
Even the most supportive of Bruce fans can see this is going to only end one way, it's seemingly only a matter of when. So with that in mind who would be the realistic candidates?

I assume FFP does not relate to what we pay managers.

I personally would go and prise jokanovic from Fulham. He plays excellent fast paced attacking football and has been quoted at being frustrated at Fulham.

FFP relates to everything at the club I thought? Any expense that affects our profit and loss this season will affect FFP.

Fortunately the boring potato is only on a rolling 1 year contract, so he won't be too expensive to fire.

Manager wise, I give up, I haven't a clue anymore. The players purchased over the last 12 months though are going to make it a very tough job no matter what. There's no pace or ability to beat a man in any of them.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »
Claude Puel
Yes we will attract  managers because we pay loads. Why do you think de Boer has foregone Champions League football to manage Palace?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »
Claude Puel
Yes we will attract  managers because we pay loads. Why do you think de Boer has foregone Champions League football to manage Palace?

Problem is we're a second division club with FFP problems. Palace are a club generating probably the best part of £100m a year more than we are.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:09:10 AM by PeterWithesShin »

richtheholtender

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 11:04:22 AM »
I think we need to wake up, realise the situation we're in and get a manager like Allardyce or Warnock. We've worked around these type of managers because they aren't fashionable and people would "rather be in the championship than go up with Allardyce in charge". I would rather get up and worry about the rest then.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:05:21 AM »
I think we need to wake up, realise the situation we're in and get a manager like Allardyce or Warnock. We've worked around these type of managers because they aren't fashionable and people would "rather be in the championship than go up with Allardyce in charge". I would rather get up and worry about the rest then.

That is exactly the thinking behind hiring Bruce though.

Offline exigo

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 11:05:33 AM »
Dean Smith.

richtheholtender

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
Claude Puel

Are we literally the only club in world football who mentions FFP on weekly basis and is worried about? A bit like we are the only club in history to be punished for tapping up a player in James Beattie.

Problem is we're a second division club wit FFP problems. Palace are a club generating probably the best part of £100m a year more than we are.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »
The Serbian fellow at Fulham got Watford up.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 11:07:45 AM »

This is very similar to what people said about Bruce. First off, we don't have the squad to play Allardyce's or Warnock's football, as we don't have the squad to play Bruce's. Secondly, the club needs a bit more reform and direction than 'patch it up, muddle along and hope we muddle up the table.'

Enough short-termism, enough British-knows-best, enough old boys network, enough back-to-basics, enough 'he did alright at Bolton/Chesterfield/Swanage/whatever'. Maybe if we actually tried to join the century we're living in we'd do better.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:48 AM »
It's because as far as I know we're the only club England so fucked by FFP. We've spent a fortune to be this shit, which in its own way is quite impressive.

Plus before now the only sanctions for clubs that broke FFP rules were fines and a transfer embargo, now it can be anything including points deductions, denied promotion and so on.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:12:36 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 11:09:52 AM »
Jokanovic or Sean Dyche.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 11:11:04 AM »
Peter Reid.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
Claude Puel

Are we literally the only club in world football who mentions FFP on weekly basis and is worried about? A bit like we are the only club in history to be punished for tapping up a player in James Beattie.

Problem is we're a second division club wit FFP problems. Palace are a club generating probably the best part of £100m a year more than we are.

Unfortunately we are literally the only club in the Championship who have posted losses of over £100m the last two seasons.

Gabby's wage of £50k a week was nearly half of Brentfords entire turn over for the previous season. We are ridiculous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal