collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I,M NOT HERE TO GLOAT BUT  (Read 12973 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: I,M NOT HERE TO GLOAT BUT
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »
Their big number 10 is exactly what we need alongside Kodjia. We didn't have an answer for him today.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 10:00:43 PM »
On the plus side it shows we still mean something to other fans. I bet he wasn't on a Rotherham forum a couple of hours after they pumped them 5-0.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »
We're Will from The Inbetweeners.
More appropriate where is his mum?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 10:03:39 PM »
On the plus side it shows we still mean something to other fans. I bet he wasn't on a Rotherham forum a couple of hours after they pumped them 5-0.

5 goals, just imagine it would take us a month and a half to score that many

Offline Damo70

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 10:04:27 PM »
Trolled effortlessly (and justifiably) by a Cardiff supporter and there's no real answer to him.

What a time to be alive.

On the bright side, if the season ended right now we would avoid relegation by one place.

My wife has been dealing with a guy through her work who arranges money loans for Villa players. I have asked her to get him to loan them all enough money to f**k off as far away from the club as possible.

You might have guessed I am not in a good mood tonight. I'm going to take a wild guess that I'm not the only one on here feeling that way. I think my wife is hiding all the knives and anything else I can use to harm myself with.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »
Fair play to Cardiff. We've had the rub of the green playing you lot since 2009 but today you completely dismantled us.

We just turned up hoping to maybe get something from the game without showing any real desire or know-how, pathetic!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 10:37:41 PM »
I feel sorry for you having Neil Warnock, almost as much as I do Villa having Steve Bruce.

Anti football, it does a job, but I'm running down my years. Give me Big Ron, Brian Little or Gregory.

Give me intelligent tactics.

Cardiff fans love Warnock.

They were bottom 3 when he took over in October, similar time to Steve Bruce.

I'm in a really small minority but I think Warnock is a decent manager. His teams always seemed to be organised, tenacious and gave us a few frights - Sheffield United in 2005 and Palace in 2010 Spring to mind.
He's in the same kind of bracket as Pulis. Get their team working hard, grind out results etc but never in a million years would you want them managing us. We've got one of them in Bruce sadly, only he doesn't grind out results and our players are knackered after 15 minutes.

I'm not sure really.

Surely after all these years we yearn for a manager who can at least put out a team that we know will give their all for 90 minutes, show a bit of quality now and again, be tough to beat, actually attempt to fight back when they go 1 nil down and generally have the sense we're slowly on the path back to respectability rather than just spunking another 50m on new players.

I understand why people dislike Pulis/Warnock style of play but those guys go into multiple clubs and usually without fail turn troubled teams around and leave fans with good memories.

Of course the issue here is I fully expected Steve Bruce to do this here and he has failed miserably.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:33 PM »
We might as well just have some fun now. My shortlist for next manager would be Ricky Tomlinson as Mike Bassett , Paul Whitehouse as Ron Manager or Roy Race.

I was going to say Barry Fry but that would have just been plain silly.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »
Things are that bad I'd honestly rather have Sherwood back. At least you never knew what was going to happen and he was a character. All our games are the same these days and Bruce and the football on offer are painfully dull.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »
I do wonder what would have happened if we'd have won that Leicester game. Probably lost the next, but that was a huge sliding doors moment for Sherwood.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »
I'd give it Cherie Lungi. She can be manager as well.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »
She will always be the manager of my heart :)

Also I would take Sherwood back today as interim manager over Bruce. Sure he will lose just as much but at least he will have a go and play some new players.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 11:06:45 PM »
I do wonder what would have happened if we'd have won that Leicester game. Probably lost the next, but that was a huge sliding doors moment for Sherwood.

This could be a thread of it's own - 'sliding doors moments'. Ron Saunders quitting, Jimmy Rimmer's European Cup Final injury, Doug's return, Tony Barton sacked and Turner appointed, SGT leaving for the England job, Houllier's illness........

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 11:08:41 PM »
Glen whelans equalizer.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 11:10:33 PM »
Gary Shaw against Forest, Glenn fecking Whelan, Vidic getting a red, Oxford hold on against Everton in the LC.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal