collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I,M NOT HERE TO GLOAT BUT  (Read 12987 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: I,M NOT HERE TO GLOAT BUT
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
Has he said anything untrue? I hate losing, specially to Warnock but he is a far better tactician than our bloke, at this level at least. Today is yet another embarrassing defeat in a series of embarrassing inept performances.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
I wouldn't credit Warnock with being a great tactical brain. What he is good at doing is firing players up. Today would have been no different, e.g. "Their fans are ready to turn, they think they've won the division before they've played it, don't give them an inch."

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:35 PM »
Beating us is nothing to gloat about. Well done on the victory but don't read too much into it, Sheffield Utd will be a sterner test for you on Tuesday.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »
A dead chipmunk could outsmart Steve Bruce.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »
Oh you Europeans  you are so polite! Thanks for posting however 5000 tickets? You do make me laugh. I think if you bring 1000 that would be some achievement.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »
We're the Sidney Sideparting of this division. Still wearing his public school blazer despite being dumped in the local comprehensive because his dad's money has ran out.

"I really shouldn't be here," we mutter to ourselves, as the local plebs queue up to introduce us to the blue goldfish.

Kudos to Cardiff for being the latest side to make us look third rate.  But when titans such as Colchester and Luton Town have been there before you, maybe it's not too much to cream yerselves over.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 09:46:00 PM »
We're Will from The Inbetweeners.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 09:46:16 PM »
I feel sorry for you having Neil Warnock, almost as much as I do Villa having Steve Bruce.

Anti football, it does a job, but I'm running down my years. Give me Big Ron, Brian Little or Gregory.

Give me intelligent tactics.

Cardiff fans love Warnock.

They were bottom 3 when he took over in October, similar time to Steve Bruce.

I'm in a really small minority but I think Warnock is a decent manager. His teams always seemed to be organised, tenacious and gave us a few frights - Sheffield United in 2005 and Palace in 2010 Spring to mind.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »
I think we're more Rigsby from Rising Damp.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »
I feel sorry for you having Neil Warnock, almost as much as I do Villa having Steve Bruce.

Anti football, it does a job, but I'm running down my years. Give me Big Ron, Brian Little or Gregory.

I'm in a really small minority but I think Warnock is a decent manager. His teams always seemed to be organised, tenacious and gave us a few frights - Sheffield United in 2005 and Palace in 2010 Spring to mind.
He's in the same kind of bracket as Pulis. Get their team working hard, grind out results etc but never in a million years would you want them managing us. We've got one of them in Bruce sadly, only he doesn't grind out results and our players are knackered after 15 minutes.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 09:52:07 PM »

I agree, he sets teams up to be competitive and makes  the most of his resources.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »

He's in the same kind of bracket as Pulis. Get their team working hard, grind out results etc but never in a million years would you want them managing us. We've got one of them in Bruce sadly, only he doesn't grind out results and our players are knackered after 15 minutes.

i don't call grinding out results giving us a 3 to nill spanking

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 09:56:35 PM »
The OP was here to gloat, wasn't he/she?

Offline villabear

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 09:57:28 PM »
What has happened to aston villa ? on todays showing you made us look like barcelona ! every time we attacked it looked like we were going to score , so much for the leadership of john terry . i bet you are paying him a fortune too . been reading  the threads on here which seem to suggest we are only a long ball team but today showed we are far more than that . we have made some quality signings mainly  damour and mendez leng which caused you loads of problems all afternoon with power and pace in attack . what did aston villa offer absolutely sod all . it seemed like we were yards ahead of you in fitness too . on the positive side your fans were excellent and made for a cracking atmosphere . hopefully we will be given 5,000 tickets when we come to villa park . your boss reckoned that was the most embarrassing defeat he had to endure ever in the championship . for those who like a bet put a few shillings on us to go up .

good luck for the rest of the season

diolch yn fawr iawn....

I hope Bad English doesn't see this post. Looking at the grammar and punctuation along with today's result might tip him over the edge.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 09:57:44 PM »
Trolled effortlessly (and justifiably) by a Cardiff supporter and there's no real answer to him.

What a time to be alive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal