collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players That Always Used Have Great Games Against Us Despite Not Being That Good  (Read 9882 times)

Offline Damo70

Mick "fat f#!ker" Quinn.

The fat f#!ker.

I spoke to him on Talksport a while back about the time he ruined my Boxing Day with a hat-trick against us at Highfield Road. He corrected me by pointing out he only got two and the goalscoring machine that was Robert Rosario got the other.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:19:56 AM by Damo70 »

Offline Pat McMahon

Mick "fat f#!ker" Quinn.

The fat f#!ker.

I spoke to him on Talksport a while back about the time he ruined my Boxing Day with a hat-trick against us at Highfield Road. He corrected me by pointing out he only got two and the goalscoring machine that was Robert Rosario got the other.

I was back from Paris that xmas and somebody I knew in Coventry managed to get me 2 tickets, so my brother-in-law and I were in the main stand weeping at our ineptitude. I recall it being a horrendously foggy, cold day with the sun somehow coming out for 2 hours during the game. Wish it had been called off.

Offline Damo70

Mick "fat f#!ker" Quinn.

The fat f#!ker.

I was back from Paris that xmas and somebody I knew in Coventry managed to get me 2 tickets, so my brother-in-law and I were in the main stand weeping at our ineptitude. I recall it being a horrendously foggy, cold day with the sun somehow coming out for 2 hours during the game. Wish it had been called off.

A mate of ours knew somebody who knew Greg Downs and got us some tickets for the game in 1990 around the time our title challenge was ebbing away. I think we lost 2-0 and Mountfield's knee went again, much to the delight of the Coventry fans surrounding us.

Offline castlefields_villan

any small heath player

This was one thing that always used to amaze me as well, not sure if it is to same extent now, but certainly going back to the days of the late 1970s onwards for about 10 years, all their players, which against most other teams looked very average seemed to raise their game at least 40% against us.

Strange!

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Man City have definitely turned into our bogey club over the last 30 years which means numerous players feature in this list.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal