collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players That Always Used Have Great Games Against Us Despite Not Being That Good  (Read 9772 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Anichebe.  Used to throw Ciaran Clark about like a rag doll.  Was shite for the other 36 games a season.

Oh God yes, it was like Rocky verses Thunderlips, without Rocky's body shots.

Offline eric woolban woolban

John Filan the goalie always seemed to have a blinder against us.

Online dcdavecollett

Yes, he did, apart from when Savo stuck three past him v. Cov!

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
any small heath player

Offline QuintonVilla

John Filan the goalie always seemed to have a blinder against us.
My main memory of him is playing Blackburn at home 97/98. On the way to the game, 10 year old me told my Dad and his mate that we'd win because John Filan was playing in goal, Flowers must have been injured. We lost 4-0.

Might be my memory playing tricks on me but as a youngster I seem to recall Tony Cottee scoring against us quite a lot.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
Gordon Durie
Neil Sullivan - Carbone's debut....

& until this past weekend Cameron Jerome always looked at least adequate against us

Offline kippaxvilla2

Sean Wright-Philips.  Did fcuk all all year until impersonating Rivelinho when arriving at Villa Park.

Offline Damo70

Gordon Durie
Neil Sullivan - Carbone's debut....

& until this past weekend Cameron Jerome always looked at least adequate against us

I'm pretty sure Neil Sullivan played a blinder at Villa Park on what was his league debut as a youngster at Wimbledon. Hans Segars  used to enjoy playing at Villa Park too. Mind you, the whole f**king Wimbledon team did for a while.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Sean Wright-Philips.  Did fcuk all all year until impersonating Rivelinho when arriving at Villa Park.

All the man city players were like that in those days. Barton and Distin were two that always seemed untouchable against us.

Offline Damo70

All the man city players were like that in those days. Barton and Distin were two that always seemed untouchable against us.

There really must be a Man City thing, stretching even further back than that. David White turned into the best player in the world against us at Villa Park in the Dr Jo season. The season before Peter Reid, who was closer to forty than thirty at the time played a blinder to derail our title bid. I think he even scored, which in his career he only used to do every couple of years on average.

Offline kippaxvilla2

There really must be a Man City thing, stretching even further back than that. David White turned into the best player in the world against us at Villa Park in the Dr Jo season. The season before Peter Reid, who was closer to forty than thirty at the time played a blinder to derail our title bid. I think he even scored, which in his career he only used to do every couple of years on average.

He did indeed score - a David White run and shot (Maradona style as per) that crashed off the post into the path of Reid in front the jubilant Citeh fans with their 'Imre' Bananas.

The only other ludicrous thing about the game is that West Ham failure Mark Ward scored the other goal for them.

Offline rob_bridge

Heskey - not always but all too often

Offline kippaxvilla2

Oldham flamin’ Athletic.  Including Rick feckin Holden.

Offline Lobsterboy

I always seem to recall Darius Vassell ended up at Man Citeh and somehow managed to score against us virtually every time we played them!

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
Mick "fat f#!ker" Quinn.

The fat f#!ker.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal