collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players That Always Used Have Great Games Against Us Despite Not Being That Good  (Read 9766 times)

Offline Damo70

Cyrille Regis and Garry Thompson. Rare examples of us buying players who played well against us and then them actually going on to play well for us.

Although they don't meet the 'Not Being That Good' criteria.

Offline Charlie8182

Marlon Harewood
Mark Robins
Mark Falco. Tony Cascarino. Crystal Palace, Wimbledon and Oldham teams seemed to turn into Brazil 1970 against us.
Mark Falco. Tony Cascarino. Crystal Palace, Wimbledon and Oldham teams seemed to turn into Brazil 1970 against us.

Definitely Mark Falco, started off with 2 in the Charity Shield, knocked us out of the FA Cup not long after plus a number of other goals against us for both Spurs and Watford.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
I recall Barry Bridges scoring for the Blose and QPR at his ease back in the late sixties early seventies.  I can't remember if he scored against us in his Chelsea days, probably did.  We really were quite shit back then.

Offline Deano's Mullet

Bryan Roy. Talented player but conned the ref into giving Forest penalties in both games in 94-95. We lost the home game but won at theirs.

Offline Pat McMahon

Robbie Savage and pretty much all of the Bruce side from 2002-2005 used to definitely play well against us...Tha tside included Jeff Kenna, Horsfield, Morrison, Tebily etc. Superbly average players at best.

I hated the bloody lot of them.

Apparently Tebily was so bad on the ball at Celtic his nickname was Bombscare

Offline Pat McMahon

Marlon Harewood
Mark Robins

Definitely Mark Falco, started off with 2 in the Charity Shield, knocked us out of the FA Cup not long after plus a number of other goals against us for both Spurs and Watford.

His was the first name that popped up in my head. An average player who always did well against us. See Fashanu too.

Savage also springs to mind - i think the first time he lost against us was on Baros' debut.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
paolo rossi
boniek
tardelli
platini

all overated but always seemed to score against us

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Bryan Roy. Talented player but conned the ref into giving Forest penalties in both games in 94-95. We lost the home game but won at theirs.

Didn't Fashanu score the winner at theirs ? I think I was there.

Offline Damo70

David Dunn and Chris Sutton in there Blackburn days always seemed to destroy us.

Sutton was a good player. Moody git on and off the pitch though apparently. Dunn was one of those players who could look brilliant half a dozen times a season and useless the rest of the time. I do credit him for his wonderfully famous piece of skill against us though.

Offline Damo70

This thread should be amended to include" and who we later signed and proved to be crap"

Mike Ferguson  1968

Can we talk about Mick Ferguson 1984 when he went on loan back to Coventry and scored the goal to keep them up and relegate his parent club?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Yeah good shout, that goal he scored starting from the half way line at VP is ridiculous. We nearly signed him one summer under MON I think.

The whole of the Manchester City team at that time seemed to be averageness personified until they arrived at Villa Park, when they turned into Milan circa 1990.

Offline Damo70

paolo rossi
boniek
tardelli
platini

Although, to be fair there is a flip side. I don't recall Paul Breitner or Karl Heinz Rummenigge  doing much against us. Although Rummenigge claims we are the worst team to ever win the European Cup. That doesn't say much about the team who lost to us then does it?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
paolo rossi
boniek
tardelli
platini

Although, to be fair there is a flip side. I don't recall Paul Breitner or Karl Heinz Rummenigge  doing much against us. Although Rummenigge claims we are the worst team to ever win the European Cup. That doesn't say much about the team who lost to us then does it?

Couldn't even stick it past a kid that had played one first team game in goal.

Offline Damo70

paolo rossi
boniek
tardelli
platini

Couldn't even stick it past a kid that had played one first team game in goal.

We swapped keepers to give them a chance. What more could we do?

Offline Fingers

• GM : 30.01.2025
Anichebe.  Used to throw Ciaran Clark about like a rag doll.  Was shite for the other 36 games a season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal