collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: They couldn't give a Flying Fig  (Read 3078 times)

Offline PerthVillaWA

• Location: Joondalup, Western Australia. (Brummie born & bred)
They couldn't give a Flying Fig
« on: August 04, 2017, 04:10:08 AM »
I'm on a crusade, I'm back over in Dec so I booked the flight before the fixtures were out, I got Millwall at home and Derby away!  So I wrote to the ticket office via email and asked that under extenuating circumstances (travelling from Australia) could I please verbally be allocated two (not twenty, not 200) two tickets to the Derby away game.   We all know how it works, a few dozen tickets kept back for players and hangers on etc, etc!  I got a terse email from the Consumer Affairs Department who plainly is not a football fan let alone a Villa fan,  basically saying 'we don't care how far you are coming the answer is no' but you might get a ticket for Millwall at home if it isn't sold out, (sold out against Millwall you are having a laugh!!).  Now a few years back I was in the Army (season ticket holder and shareholder)and wrote to the ticket office and got tickets for the Blues semi final when Deano scored from inside the half way line, tickets against Man Utd final and the Leeds final,  that was when the club was a club and they gave a toss about the fans. Not wanting to let things go and getting feed back and moral support from other fellow Villa fans in Perth, I wrote to Lynn O'Reardon (ticketing director) via email (guessing the email address at VP).  She got it, I have a read receipt......nothing back , zilch, squat!!  So I'm resigned to getting a ticket in the Derby end watching you lot having a laugh and a good sing song, it'll be  another year at least before I get to see another match.   This highlights the fact that they could not give a flying f**k about the fans.  I'm sure that the majority would not be grudge a ticket or two travelling from Australia (as I said from the held back tickets).  I'm going to write to the Dr and see if he can help but I'm not holding my breath.....and they wonder why they are losing fans!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: They couldn't give a Flying Fig
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »
You'll get tickets for Millwall, easily. As for Derby, away tickets are at a premium so you can imagine it might not be popular to allocate tickets to once-a-season fans, no matter how far they have travelled from, and mean that a couple of season ticket holders miss out.

However, they do try to accommodate fans who are visiting from abroad, but do so via our Lions Clubs, I believe. You could maybe try joining one and ask if they might be able to obtain tickets for you? Admittedly, they all seem to be based on the other side of the country but you could try anyway...

http://www.avfclionsclubs.co.uk/lions-club-directory/australia-and-oceania/australia

Oh and Blues was Second Round, not the Semi-Final.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:41:07 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 07:49:33 AM »
Wasn't it Ipswich in the league Delano scored from near the halfway line?

The above is just indicative of the way most businesses work these days, the staff have a policy to follow and do it. You just need to kick up a stink Tom speak to someone with the power to think and understand.

I think the ticket office are great on the whole, I'm sure you'll get sorted.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 07:54:29 AM »
I assume he means the goal in the home leg of the second round which Terry Cooper and Jimmy Greaves insisted should have been offside despite Saunders being in our half when the pass was made.

Offline PerthVillaWA

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 08:31:22 AM »
Yea Shiney, it was the second leg not the semi final as I wrongly stated. I missed the semi final as I was sat in a sanger in Northern Ireland!!! I remember Terry Cooper giving it to Gary Newbon in the post match interview, "wrong again Mr Newbon wrong again"LOL.  Anyway like I said if worst comes to worst I'll be sat with the Derby fans keeping my mouth shut!  VTID
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 08:38:38 AM by PerthVillaWA »

Offline PerthVillaWA

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
Thanks for the links for the Lions Club as well, I'm surprised there isn't one in Perth as I bump into and know stacks of Villa fans, I suppose it's due to paying the equivalent to 7 quid a pint that stops us all meeting up! 

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
Just get on Twitter closer to the time and ask for a spare reference for Derby, always some knocking about.

Offline black pearl of inchicore

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
There a JOKE of a football club....season tickets for instance, no receipt or email acknowledgement, No updates to email, start posting them out at the 12th hour, 3 months they are sitting on these,  this club is Total fucking Chaos.

This Lot treat the Fans as the Enemy.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 11:36:49 AM »
The club are a joke because they wont put somebody at the front of the queue who doesn't go week in week out?

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
The club are a joke because they wont put somebody at the front of the queue who doesn't go week in week out?

In this mans opinion, yes. Well summarised.

Offline black pearl of inchicore

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 12:59:14 PM »

Nothing got to do with putting any body at the top of any queue.....just about been organised.

Your customer is your biggest asset

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 01:48:32 PM »
The club are looking after their best customers, the ones who will be at the next away game after Derby.

Offline PerthVillaWA

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
To the lads who gave a positive response thanks, to the comments from the less positive, I've done my penance and cranked up the away miles with this club as a lot of you have, so a bit of common sense was all that was asked for,  as for going every week, i'll just jump in my private jet every week,  it's a long way from Australia you nugget!! 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:09:36 AM by PerthVillaWA »

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 08:36:57 AM »
The club do need to look after the people who go to every away game first, that's how it should be. Maybe contact the club and ask if there's a possibility of having a couple if they go on general sale?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »
Derby will be busy of course, however I'd say with a degree of confidence that in the days running up to the game there will be spares becoming available via Twitter/on here etc...there absolutely always is.  As for Millwall at home, you could probably pick a row that you like and get it all to yourself (especially Witton Lane upper!)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal