collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Greatest Premier League game?  (Read 7880 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Greatest Premier League game?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »
The 3-2 game v Arsenal with added half time parachuting drama.

Yes

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2017, 09:59:01 PM »
Albion 4-3 win after being 2 down in the first 5 minutes.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
6-1 Sunderland was amazing too - the sheer relief and joy

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2017, 09:53:02 PM »
6-1 Sunderland was amazing too - the sheer relief and joy
If anyone on here watched that in the Coat & Badge in Putney, I was the other Villa fan in the pub that you hugged at the end.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
Southampton away in 2005 was good, we won 3-2 after being two down.

I was at that game, David O'Leary was the manager back then, I remember that Can't Control started the comeback. As much as I enjoyed the game, it effectively relegated Saints so it was rather bittersweet for me as I was meeting some Saints-supporting good friends after the game.

Loved that game particularly for the game before when we were 2-0 up and drew 2-2. Their fans were signing '2-0' and you f*cked it up'. I lost my voice signing it back to them.

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2017, 10:08:33 AM »

I was at that game, David O'Leary was the manager back then, I remember that Can't Control started the comeback. As much as I enjoyed the game, it effectively relegated Saints so it was rather bittersweet for me as I was meeting some Saints-supporting good friends after the game.

Loved that game particularly for the game before when we were 2-0 up and drew 2-2. Their fans were signing '2-0' and you f*cked it up'. I lost my voice signing it back to them.

Southampton fans were lovely that day... racist chants before the match "Youre just a town full of P***s", constant pisstaking about the closure of the Rover factory during the game.

From 2-0 down to 3-2 was great fun.

The day was topped off by meeting Peter McParland after the game, he is my mums all time favourite player and he agreed to speak to her on the phone (i may have had a few beers and handed him the phone asking him to say hello to my mum) .. to this day she still thinks we were winding her up.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »

Southampton fans were lovely that day... racist chants before the match "Youre just a town full of P***s", constant pisstaking about the closure of the Rover factory during the game.

The day was topped off by meeting Peter McParland after the game, he is my mums all time favourite player and he agreed to speak to her on the phone (i may have had a few beers and handed him the phone asking him to say hello to my mum) .. to this day she still thinks we were winding her up.

It may have been, or not been, the last away game of the season where it kicked off at Yates' with Villa in fancy dress. Could be wrong though.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
Beating Southampton 3 2 when Delph scored the beauty was a great night out.
4 3 against the Stripeys
3 2 win Everton away
4 2 win over spurs
Any win against the shite

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2017, 07:43:06 AM »

It may have been, or not been, the last away game of the season where it kicked off at Yates' with Villa in fancy dress. Could be wrong though.

I think the game you're on about was the season before. Drew 1-1 and we were still going for a European place. The 3-2 was the next season.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »

I think the game you're on about was the season before. Drew 1-1 and we were still going for a European place. The 3-2 was the next season.

I could look it up but it's more fun to speculate, but my memory is that it went 1-1, 2-2 then 2-3. I was at the 1-1 with my ex girlfriend. Hendrie scored I believe.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2017, 11:30:50 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4427547.stm  We were two nil down and went on to win 3-2.

The 1-1 the season before - our goal was an Angel penalty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal