collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549769 times)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2610 on: January 19, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »

Thanks I appreciate that. Growing up an Indian kid in the 1970’s and 80’s in Erdington and Aston certainly had its moments. Especially on walks home in the dark of winter. And my old man worked at British Steel for the best part of 30 years. I can only imagine what he had to endure. It’s never a pleasant subject and I can only speak for myself in how I handled it and now view the subject. But it’s provided me a decent perspective as to what actually constitutes versus ignorance. And we’ve all probably been ignorant on any number of topics as we grew up at some time or another. The question is always did we learn and mature?

I thought it was "How big is his danda?"

(See 'Stuff on TV thread')

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2611 on: January 19, 2018, 03:51:32 PM »
At least he hasn't stolen a living from the club unlike some signings.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #2612 on: January 22, 2018, 11:55:45 AM »
At least he hasn't stolen a living from the club unlike some signings.

I wonder who you mean?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2613 on: January 22, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »
As I am too lazy to look it up, and we are looking worryingly threatening at the top end of the table, how many league games has he played now?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2614 on: January 31, 2018, 12:52:18 PM »
I’ll say this for him. For someone who has won pretty much everything in the game he sure appears to be loving his time with us. And the other players seem to enjoy him being there.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2615 on: January 31, 2018, 01:14:46 PM »
Always a pantomime villain at Chelsea and that biased my opinion of him as a footballer. As a footballer he has been superb for us - he makes the difficult look simple and if you watch carefully he has passed on some of his traits to Chester who just gets better and better.

Hardly done any press work and just lets his game do the talking - very professional and very dignified.
If we go up he has been a huge part of the reason

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2616 on: January 31, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
As I am too lazy to look it up, and we are looking worryingly threatening at the top end of the table, how many league games has he played now?

We've played 29 and I'm sure he missed the 10 between QPR (a) and Bristol City (h) so I make that 19.  Or 18 and a half if you want to include him going off v Sheff Wed.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2617 on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:12 PM »
does he train at BH or stay closer to home?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2618 on: January 31, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »

We've played 29 and I'm sure he missed the 10 between QPR (a) and Bristol City (h) so I make that 19.  Or 18 and a half if you want to include him going off v Sheff Wed.

Correct. so about 2/3rds so far.  I think I predicted 25-30 games at the start of the season and I was worried that the disruption of him missing games would cause us problems but I expected it to be 1-2 at a time not a run of 10.  Fingers crossed he doesn't pick up another big injury.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2619 on: February 01, 2018, 10:07:29 PM »
I didn't want him here and still not sure that we should have associated ourselves with this man however I have nothing but respect for the way he has tucked in and is doing a thoroughly professional job. Hang your heads in shame Richards and Lescott.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2620 on: February 05, 2018, 12:24:30 PM »
I haven't seen anyone else mention it so I will - what the fuck was he doing for their second goal yesterday?  He seemed to go for it and then pull out as if he got a call from Johnstone, which he clearly didn't.

Luckily it wasn't important but it seemed a very uncharacteristic balls up from him.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #2621 on: February 05, 2018, 12:26:49 PM »
I haven't seen anyone else mention it so I will - what the fuck was he doing for their second goal yesterday?  He seemed to go for it and then pull out as if he got a call from Johnstone, which he clearly didn't.

Luckily it wasn't important but it seemed a very uncharacteristic balls up from him.

I also wonder whether he could have done better for the first. At the time, I thought that he may have been impeded but looking back at the highlights, I think that may have been harsh on their player who attacked the ball.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2622 on: February 05, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »

A few people have mentioned it and some have even tried to blame Hutton, but the simple fact appeared to be that Terry switched off.  I've no doubt that it was a momentary lapse though, and I'd be surprised if he repeated such a mistake.  He's been colossal for us.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2623 on: February 05, 2018, 01:11:20 PM »
I genuinely saw it as he thought the guy was way offside yet Hutton was stood level with the scorer and played him on by a mile

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #2624 on: February 05, 2018, 01:23:08 PM »

A few people have mentioned it and some have even tried to blame Hutton, but the simple fact appeared to be that Terry switched off.  I've no doubt that it was a momentary lapse though, and I'd be surprised if he repeated such a mistake.  He's been colossal for us.

Spot on with each remark

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal