collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 553079 times)

Offline XXVilla

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2280 on: November 06, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »
2 weeks of Terry’s (not allowed to say JT in case I upset CJ) absence will be the international break, so maybe 6 weeks playing time without him? Not so bad in the scheme of things

Offline Villa75

« Reply #2281 on: November 07, 2017, 01:31:20 AM »
2 weeks of Terry’s (not allowed to say JT in case I upset CJ) absence will be the international break, so maybe 6 weeks playing time without him? Not so bad in the scheme of things

He's going to miss at least 10 League matches (up to and including Jan 1st), possibly a couple more. That's a big chunk.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2282 on: November 07, 2017, 07:41:01 AM »
I'd rather see Jedinak playing in front of Samba and Chester
Hutton and Taylor can manage the left side between them ....

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2283 on: November 07, 2017, 07:45:07 AM »
Sheffield Wednesday have Rhodes and Hooper. Bristol City are near the top of the league, he didn't get "mullered" by either. Jedinak struggles after international games. It would be madness to drop Samba after a good performance and a goal to bung Jedinak in after travelling further than Phileas Fogg in the week before.

I agree.  Samba is 'next cab off the rank' and should be given a chance.  My main concern about it would be having to move Chester to the left hand side of central defence though.   

Doesn't Chester prefer playing on the left? I thought he moved across to accommodate Baker, and now Terry?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2284 on: November 07, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »
What is the actual story with Richards? If he has a bad knee or whatever can we just pay him off, claim some insurance and move on? His role of chief gee-er upper to motivate the players who actually play, or whatever it is he does, can surely be retired, much like him.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2285 on: November 07, 2017, 08:49:15 AM »
What is the actual story with Richards? If he has a bad knee or whatever can we just pay him off, claim some insurance and move on? His role of chief gee-er upper to motivate the players who actually play, or whatever it is he does, can surely be retired, much like him.

Retired?! Are you crazy, Eamonn? I'm sure it's been said by Bruce and repeated on here that Richards is absolutely at the peak of his profession as our Chief Head of Bantz. Not since BFR brought Stan Boardman into the dressing room have we seen the like.  With his unmatched talent for distributing nicknames, mocking headphones that are less than 'mint' and bumping fists for no apparent reason, Richards' geeing up, motivational skills and general hilarious demeanour are utterly irreplaceable and worth every penny we pay for them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2286 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »
He said himself his knee is shot. I'm not sure why we don't cash in on insurance and bin him.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2287 on: November 07, 2017, 09:03:46 AM »
Sheffield Wednesday have Rhodes and Hooper. Bristol City are near the top of the league, he didn't get "mullered" by either. Jedinak struggles after international games. It would be madness to drop Samba after a good performance and a goal to bung Jedinak in after travelling further than Phileas Fogg in the week before.

I agree.  Samba is 'next cab off the rank' and should be given a chance.  My main concern about it would be having to move Chester to the left hand side of central defence though.   

Doesn't Chester prefer playing on the left? I thought he moved across to accommodate Baker, and now Terry?

Terry has played all his career on the left. The only time I recall him playing right sided CB pre Villa was his kamikaze efforts next to Matthew Upson in the 2010 world cup.

Wouldn't have much faith in Samba playing ten league games in a row. Aside from his defensive skills, Terry is one of our best players with the ball at his feet. None of our midfield options bar Onomoah seem comfortable getting the ball facing our goal. Expect a lot more direct football after the international break.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2288 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44:24 AM »
Terry out?

We need a poll but I know which way I would vote.
Well you've got your wish Chris.  Hope you enjoy it.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2289 on: November 07, 2017, 10:52:10 AM »
He said himself his knee is shot. I'm not sure why we don't cash in on insurance and bin him.

We've only got him insured for third party fire and theft

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2290 on: November 07, 2017, 12:10:09 PM »

Well give him some petrol and matches and wait for the inevitable.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #2291 on: November 07, 2017, 12:16:24 PM »

Well give him some petrol and matches and wait for the inevitable.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #2292 on: November 07, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »
I too am worried about Samba, he has the turning circle of an HGV and I feel we will be very suspect defensively if he plays, Jedinak at CB all day for me until Terry is back, he did well there last season.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #2293 on: November 07, 2017, 01:32:19 PM »
shame we didn't have noel blake insured for third party fire and THEFT

Offline Dougs Socks

« Reply #2294 on: November 07, 2017, 01:56:49 PM »
Personally, i would put Elphick in there, purely because thats his position. Its not ideal, but out of him and Samba, hes the more mobile and has probably more to prove. I dont like shoehorning players into positions that they do not usually play, because it upsets the balance of the side.

As an extra precaution, drop Whelan for Jedinak, whom would give extra height in and about our box, and also bring Taylor back in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal