collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 552873 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2085 on: October 23, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »
I wonder why he elected to come to us when he must have had more attractive footballing and financial options? I thought he completely unbalanced our defense in the first few games but by and large he has had a positive impact and for that i am grateful. As to like or dislike it's irrelevant - as my old Marketing Director used to say -  you don't have to like me, but you do have to respect me.
Was your Marketing Director Il Duce?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2086 on: October 23, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »
ha! he was a hard as nails Liverpudlian my then company recruited from McKinsey's - probably the world's leading management consultancy back then. I never really warmed to him as a person but had total respect for his professionalism and learned more from him than anyone else in any  company I worked for.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2087 on: October 23, 2017, 06:02:47 PM »
Like him or loath him Terry is a big asset for us at the moment and i'm more than happy with that.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2088 on: October 23, 2017, 08:43:50 PM »
ha! he was a hard as nails Liverpudlian my then company recruited from McKinsey's - probably the world's leading management consultancy back then. I never really warmed to him as a person but had total respect for his professionalism and learned more from him than anyone else in any  company I worked for.

Some of the toughest, scariest blokes I know work in marketing.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2089 on: October 23, 2017, 08:49:40 PM »
I genuinly thought he'd come he and it would be the John Terry show. But fair play to him as he's just got in with it and kept his head down.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #2090 on: October 25, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »

A wonderful analogy for Terry so far with us...

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2091 on: October 25, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2092 on: October 25, 2017, 04:46:25 PM »
I wonder how Gerald Appleyard will get on Sunday? Be interesting to hear the reaction from them lot as he reportedly turned down a move there. I bet he must be thanking his lucky stars he didn't rock up with Harry after all that's happened.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2093 on: October 25, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
There is zero chance terry was ever going to Blues. I mean, the man is not an idiot.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2094 on: October 25, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »
There is zero chance terry was ever going to Blues. I mean, the man is not an idiot.

Exactly, he was never gonna go there. It was just another in a long line of Redknapp’s tall tales and they lapped it up his bullshit.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #2095 on: October 25, 2017, 11:14:52 PM »

Exactly, he was never gonna go there. It was just another in a long line of Redknapp’s tall tales and they lapped it up his bullshit.

He was in so many ways the perfect manager for them. It's a shame it had to end.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #2096 on: October 26, 2017, 12:14:08 PM »

He is an idiot but not insane.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2097 on: October 26, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
Like him or loath him Terry is a big asset for us at the moment and i'm more than happy with that.

I agree with you.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2098 on: October 26, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »

He was in so many ways the perfect manager for them. It's a shame it had to end.
As much as I'm not a fan of 'Arry I'm pretty glad it did as I think he would have turned them around. I don't know what the owners were thinking (unless of course Cotterill was the one really responsible for keeping them up last year and his absence was the reason why they were doing crap?).

Offline LeeB

« Reply #2099 on: October 26, 2017, 07:41:50 PM »

As much as I'm not a fan of 'Arry I'm pretty glad it did as I think he would have turned them around. I don't know what the owners were thinking (unless of course Cotterill was the one really responsible for keeping them up last year and his absence was the reason why they were doing crap?).

He was taking them down crashing and burning, and the whole would have played out through his very mouth on any media outlet which would listen, which of course is all of them.

It would have been brilliant. As it is they'll just go down boringly now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal