collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549731 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #1980 on: September 25, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »
I'm getting the sense that all sralex's ex-players that go into management try to emulate him by simply not getting involved with the nuts and bolts of training, whilst not having any Idea of what it actually was that he could do that made him so successful. They don't know cos they never saw it, how could they, he was rarely at training, they just have a stab at what they reckon it was.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1981 on: September 25, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
So if Round's researching new players and Calderwood's taking training, WTF does he do?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1982 on: September 25, 2017, 09:20:54 PM »
So if Round's researching new players and Calderwood's taking training, WTF does he do?
Makes a right mess of the post match press conference.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1983 on: September 25, 2017, 09:20:58 PM »

And Terry is instilling the professionalism and attitude needed, don't forget that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1984 on: September 25, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »

Eat.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1985 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »
I don't understand how a manager can do his job effectively without spending significant time at the Training Ground with the players.
Maybe not every day but most days.
The first thing is what do the players think if the Manager can't be bothered to turn up?
I don't know how common this is at Villa but would be concerned if true.

That's why they is a large team of coaches. Bruce likely doesn't have time to be on the training pitch all day everyday with running a team. He likely has meetings with the executives, medical team, scouts, coaches, planning schedules, reviewing opposition videos, discussing contracts for players and staff etc etc.

No disrespect , canadian but having watched Villa this last twelve months, not sure Stevie wonder does any of the things you suggest. particularly watch videos of the opposition. maybe watches videoes of various eateries as he does seem to be piling the lard back on.

Never understand how an ex pro in his mid 50's who is the manager supposedly setting an example to his players can be so overweight. He has access to the best nutrition advice, medical and training facilities money can buy yet still looks like he has his head continually buried in the fridge. Strange

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1986 on: September 25, 2017, 09:43:04 PM »

And Terry is instilling the professionalism and attitude needed, don't forget that.

It's not even looking for alternative ways of saying 'mass hysteria'.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #1987 on: September 25, 2017, 10:31:17 PM »
Back on the topic of John Terry. Is there a reason there isn't a captain's column in the programme now? I think he did one for the Hull game and none since.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1988 on: September 26, 2017, 01:41:31 AM »
Back on the topic of John Terry. Is there a reason there isn't a captain's column in the programme now? I think he did one for the Hull game and none since.

Because he still writes one for Chelsea?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1989 on: September 26, 2017, 06:32:37 AM »

I was thinking at the weekend that we've never had a more anonymous captain. Nothing in the programme, nothing on the website, never on the telly giving interviews.

It's almost as if he doesn't give a shit.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1990 on: September 26, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »

I was thinking at the weekend that we've never had a more anonymous captain. Nothing in the programme, nothing on the website, never on the telly giving interviews.

Maybe he wants it that way because he doesn't want to overshadow the rest of the team.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1991 on: September 26, 2017, 09:38:46 AM »

Maybe he wants it that way because he doesn't want to overshadow the rest of the team.

Or he is saving his views for when he is writing his managers programme notes. ;)

As for Brucie, lay off him about his weight.

It is probably his glands.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1992 on: September 26, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »

I agree with you Dave he just wants to play his football and not have the circus around him by keep giving time to the media.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1993 on: September 26, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »
I could warm to him if he's trying to make himself slightly visible.

Once he makes himself invisible then I might stop hating him.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1994 on: September 26, 2017, 11:05:49 AM »
Works on his Book titled, Mediocre

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal