collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549906 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #750 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:32 PM »
Read on BBC Football Gossip that Terry could be our next manager to take over from Bruce. Not sure if he's done any badges. Suppose this is a step towards managing Chelsea.

It doesn't work like that though does it? I remember everyone presuming one day Bryan Robson would manage United.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #751 on: June 29, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
Which he almost certainly would've done, had he been successful.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #752 on: June 29, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »
Read on BBC Football Gossip that Terry could be our next manager to take over from Bruce. Not sure if he's done any badges. Suppose this is a step towards managing Chelsea.

It doesn't work like that though does it? I remember everyone presuming one day Bryan Robson would manage United.

I'm still hopeful on that one

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #753 on: June 29, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
The management rumour strikes me as bullshit. Suppose we had another bad start and Bruce is under severe pressure to go as early as October/November. Surely theres no way Terry could take over and do the job that soon even if his contract he was supposed to be the immediate successor? You thought O'Leary was unpopular, I cant imagine this unpleasant human being taking over as Villa boss.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #754 on: June 29, 2017, 02:48:05 PM »
My real concern about him - putting aside the man off the pitch for a moment - if SB almost designs a defensive system for him ... some suggestion of three centre halves partly to make up for the pace side of things  ... and he pulls up in the second game where does that leave us? 

Big gamble. One I hope pays off as I wouldn't mind paying big bucks even to this horrible individual to see us promoted... but then I sold my soul to the Villa many many years ago

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #755 on: June 29, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »
The management rumour strikes me as bullshit. Suppose we had another bad start and Bruce is under severe pressure to go as early as October/November. Surely theres no way Terry could take over and do the job that soon even if his contract he was supposed to be the immediate successor?

The rumour may well be bullshit.  But it's not a stretch to see John Terry looking at Steve Bruce and thinking he is on a sticky wicket with a bad start.  Roy Keane might have had similar ideas when he agreed to be Lamberk's no 2.

He only has to go back 12 months and see how patient Xia was with his mate Bobby di Matteo for reference.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #756 on: June 29, 2017, 03:02:46 PM »
The management rumour strikes me as bullshit. Suppose we had another bad start and Bruce is under severe pressure to go as early as October/November. Surely theres no way Terry could take over and do the job that soon even if his contract he was supposed to be the immediate successor?

The rumour may well be bullshit.  But it's not a stretch to see John Terry looking at Steve Bruce and thinking he is on a sticky wicket with a bad start.  Roy Keane might have had similar ideas when he agreed to be Lamberk's no 2.

He only has to go back 12 months and see how patient Xia was with his mate Bobby di Matteo for reference.

Exactly. I honestly thought the same with Keane/Lambert. There's no doubt Bruce is under pressure this season but talk of him being replaced by a new signing would certainly heap it on him even more.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #757 on: June 29, 2017, 10:28:16 PM »
£5 million (wages and bonuses) is such an absurd amount to potentially be a significant signing in staying in this turgid league or going back up to the Premiership.

I would sooner us pay £5m to never see Baker in a Villa shirt again, oaf who couldn't pass wind.

Get him signed.
Your village must be missing you....

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #758 on: June 29, 2017, 10:58:15 PM »
A John Terry thread, that has ended up with arguments about Brexit. I'm not even surprised.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #759 on: June 29, 2017, 11:07:31 PM »
A John Terry thread, that has ended up with arguments about Brexit. I'm not even surprised.

Terry means Terry.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #760 on: June 29, 2017, 11:33:21 PM »
£5 million (wages and bonuses) is such an absurd amount to potentially be a significant signing in staying in this turgid league or going back up to the Premiership.

I would sooner us pay £5m to never see Baker in a Villa shirt again, oaf who couldn't pass wind.

Get him signed.

Irony defined from Castle Brom.

Enjoy.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #761 on: June 29, 2017, 11:42:28 PM »

Get him signed.

Irony defined from Castle Brom.

Enjoy.

What does that even mean?

Are you actually John Terry?

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #762 on: June 29, 2017, 11:44:11 PM »
Serious question?

What on earth are you talking about.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #763 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »

True. It's a racist magnet.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #764 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:49 PM »
Serious question?

What on earth are you talking about.

Yes, a serious question. The first part, anyway.

I don't live where you live, so I've no idea what your sentence means.

Also, as someone who regularly reads this page, I think it's more than clear that you want Villa to sign John Terry. It's your opinion, I don't think you need to be defending it with such rigourous passion. It's just non stop, and slightly monotonous.

When/if he signs, you can buy the shirt, get his name on the back and lift an imaginary Championship trophy in your living room.

That's what I'm talking about.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal