collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549645 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #300 on: June 23, 2017, 12:16:33 AM »
'Fun' fact. The last time Gabby had more goals than yellow cards in a season was 2012/13, which is the only time he's managed that in the last 6 seasons.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #301 on: June 23, 2017, 12:18:33 AM »
So people who say racist things aren't really racist? So who is racist? Are we to sign people who groom children but aren't paedophiles also, just as long as they're 'winners'?

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #302 on: June 23, 2017, 12:24:40 AM »
I don't get that either. When it comes to identifying racists I always find their tendency to make racist comments is a big clue.

I also take issue with something mentioned earlier today, namely a racist comment made "in jest". How does that work? Surely that's like stabbing someone in jest. "Yes Officer, I hacked his head off with a machete, but it was only in jest, I'm not a murderer."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:26:35 AM by Chinchilla Bathhouse »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #303 on: June 23, 2017, 12:31:59 AM »
I don't get that either. When it comes to identifying racists I always find their tendency to make racist comments is a big clue.

I also take issue with something mentioned earlier today, namely a racist comment made "in jest". How does that work? Surely that's like stabbing someone in jest. "Yes Officer, I hacked his head off with a machete, but it was only in jest, I'm not a murderer."

Not a murderer in the sense that murderers are murderers.

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #304 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:38 AM »
From Quora:

"..........
John Terry's career definitely has no shortage of controversy. Below I give you his rap sheet. Enjoy.

John Terry Career Rap Sheet:

Foung guilty and fined by Chelsea back in 2001, in the time of 9/11  attacks. Terry and some team mates reportedly mocked American tourists  outside the bar and threw food at them.
#1. Terry was banned from England National side in  2002 World Cup due to him proven guilty of assulting a night club  bouncer. Apperently Terry punched him in the face nad hit him with a  bottle and later claimed it was for self defence.
#2. Another incident him in the bar, he was seen  urinating in the glass at a local Essex nightclub and left it on the  floor. He claimed that because of injured toe he could not make it to  the washroom.
#3. Parked his Bentley in a Disabled area, fined a mere £60 for the charge.
#4. Terry came under fire after him along with Scot  Parker and Wayne Brige were reportedly betting on horses for over  £40,000 a week and professional footballers are not allowed to.
#5. 2004 season in Premier League started badly for  Terry, he was find £10,000 for inappropriate conduct. Allegedly he  racialy abused Tottenham player Ledly King and misbahved with match  referee Graham Poll.
#6. Terry Married Toni Pool his wife, but admitted  he cheated on here more than 8 to 10 times and in the mean time a  teenage girl Jenny Barker, revealed in the media that Terry cheated on  Toni Pool with her in the car park.
#7. John Terry took a bribe from a reporter for over  10000 GBP and let him take footage around the Chelsea training ground.  Chelsea found out and the fined him as he did the stuff without their  permission.
#8. Terry Mother and Mother in law were caught  shoplifting back in 2009 and that followed his father selling cocain to  an undercover police officer.
#9. Than came the biggest scandal of them all, Terry  had a four month fling with Wayne Brige (his team-mate at Chelsea at that point of time) Girlfriend and reportedly she  was pregnant and abort the baby and with the Incident Terry lost England  captaincy and was criticised so bad in the media over the next few  months.
#10. In October 2011 he alleged to have racially  abuse Anton Ferdinand (Rio Ferdinand brother) in the Premier League  game. Later found guilty and banned for a few games as well as he was  replaced as the captain in England team for the 2nd time in his career.
............. "

EDIT:
Rubbish spelling, but it was a 'cut-and-paste' quote, so I couldn't in fairness edit the content.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:44:46 AM by alftitimus »

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #305 on: June 23, 2017, 12:42:01 AM »

Not a murderer in the sense that murderers are murderers.

Exactly. Easy to get confused though. I had a bloke come round today to fix my toilet. He mucked about with a wrench in the cistern and it works now. Wasn't a plumber though. Just because he did some plumbing doesn't make him a plumber. It's all so complicated. I'm sure you've experienced similar.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #306 on: June 23, 2017, 12:50:56 AM »
In addition to the objections raised by most posters, I am concerned about  SB's strategy in offering the contract.

A lot of us think the current squad is more than capable of getting us promoted, but  Bruce started playing the card that the players bought in could not cope with the pressure. To me, that is an admission that he is unable to assemble a coaching team or the tactics necessary to do this.

It does not look good, in my view.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2017, 12:56:29 AM »
From Quora:

"..........
John Terry's career definitely has no shortage of controversy. Below I give you his rap sheet. Enjoy.

John Terry Career Rap Sheet:

Foung guilty and fined by Chelsea back in 2001, in the time of 9/11  attacks. Terry and some team mates reportedly mocked American tourists  outside the bar and threw food at them.
#1. Terry was banned from England National side in  2002 World Cup due to him proven guilty of assulting a night club  bouncer. Apperently Terry punched him in the face nad hit him with a  bottle and later claimed it was for self defence.
#2. Another incident him in the bar, he was seen  urinating in the glass at a local Essex nightclub and left it on the  floor. He claimed that because of injured toe he could not make it to  the washroom.
#3. Parked his Bentley in a Disabled area, fined a mere £60 for the charge.
#4. Terry came under fire after him along with Scot  Parker and Wayne Brige were reportedly betting on horses for over  £40,000 a week and professional footballers are not allowed to.
#5. 2004 season in Premier League started badly for  Terry, he was find £10,000 for inappropriate conduct. Allegedly he  racialy abused Tottenham player Ledly King and misbahved with match  referee Graham Poll.
#6. Terry Married Toni Pool his wife, but admitted  he cheated on here more than 8 to 10 times and in the mean time a  teenage girl Jenny Barker, revealed in the media that Terry cheated on  Toni Pool with her in the car park.
#7. John Terry took a bribe from a reporter for over  10000 GBP and let him take footage around the Chelsea training ground.  Chelsea found out and the fined him as he did the stuff without their  permission.
#8. Terry Mother and Mother in law were caught  shoplifting back in 2009 and that followed his father selling cocain to  an undercover police officer.
#9. Than came the biggest scandal of them all, Terry  had a four month fling with Wayne Brige (his team-mate at Chelsea at that point of time) Girlfriend and reportedly she  was pregnant and abort the baby and with the Incident Terry lost England  captaincy and was criticised so bad in the media over the next few  months.
#10. In October 2011 he alleged to have racially  abuse Anton Ferdinand (Rio Ferdinand brother) in the Premier League  game. Later found guilty and banned for a few games as well as he was  replaced as the captain in England team for the 2nd time in his career.
............. "

EDIT:
Rubbish spelling, but it was a 'cut-and-paste' quote, so I couldn't in fairness edit the content.

Bloody Hell. What a nice bloke we are trying to sign.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2017, 01:13:11 AM »
I've made my feelings plain on him, but it's a bit harsh blaming him for #8.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2017, 01:17:17 AM »
True.

Replace it with:

#8. tried to amputate the leg of England teammate James Milner during an FA Cup Semi-Final.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2017, 01:20:30 AM »
Works for me.

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2017, 03:12:52 AM »
I've made my feelings plain on him, but it's a bit harsh blaming him for #8.
;D

Yes...trifle harsh.

However. I think a lateral view can be taken on that.
i.e. That's his culture and environment - social and emotional.
The guy that posted it, missed out on the removal of the "Father-of-the-Year" he seemed to have won...laughingly as a result of the Wayne Bridge saga.

One thing Terry has always done, is acting the 'Big Noise' in the dressing room.
The organiser of cliques against managers and so on.

Be interesting to see him and Gabby splitting the dressing room.

Oh well.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2017, 06:06:53 AM »
Do dressing rooms get split at this level? I imagine players are either too focused on looking good individually to get a move to the premier league or are so past it they are just taking a last pay cheque and so couldnt give a toss anyway.

Its hard for me to imagine any championship player caring enough about the team to create a split.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:08:37 AM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2017, 06:29:01 AM »
 ;D

It's about 'Alpha Males' , ciggies.

Most dressing rooms have them, and they curl out to social life.

The old Plough Lane Wimbledon, is an excellent example.
Loads of Alpha-Males, loads of splits and fights.
The 'Crazy Gang' of Wise, Fashanu, Jones etc.... from lower leagues UP.

If Terry comes here, it will be interesting to see if the new Gaby-AM and trustee of the boss, 
maintains that position in the dressing room. ;D

Mind you, if we sign young Alex B.... game over   ;D

Not an Alpha  ;D...just a "sneak" ...IMO

:)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:31:26 AM by alftitimus »

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »
In addition to the objections raised by most posters, I am concerned about  SB's strategy in offering the contract.

A lot of us think the current squad is more than capable of getting us promoted, but  Bruce started playing the card that the players bought in could not cope with the pressure. To me, that is an admission that he is unable to assemble a coaching team or the tactics necessary to do this.

It does not look good, in my view.

We need additional centre half cover so in that sense the squad is not good enough. One of Chester or Baker gets injured or suspended then we are in trouble. If a Terry like player was available but without the baggage then I doubt it would receive half the scrutiny this is. I can understand why people don't want him based on his character but from a purely footballing sense it makes a lot of sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal