collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549789 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2017, 11:02:31 PM »
Assuming that it is the manager's decision, Steve Bruce is p****** me off.  First bringing back GA and now JT.  Why not go for the hat-trick Steve and bring Richards back into the team.

I thought bringing back Agbonlahor for the Small Heath match turned out quite well, didn't you?

And what else did he do in the rest of the games he played.  £3m for one goal that Harry Redknapp's wife could have scored (until he ran her over).  Great example for young players at the club.

So I take it you didn't cheer that goal then, out of principle?

Of course I cheered the goal, I'm a Villa supporter.  That doesn't alter the point.

But you criticised the manager for bringing back Gabby yet you cheered when he scored the winning goal. It just doesn't add up.

Just like you didn't cheer Westwood's equaliser against West Brom. Or Lowton's thirty yard volley to put us in the lead against Stoke. Or Bacuna's equaliser against Man City.

I mean, you criticised the manager for using all those players, so couldn't possibly have been happy when they did something that benefited the team.

It just doesn't add up...

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2017, 11:20:54 PM »
Assuming that it is the manager's decision, Steve Bruce is p****** me off.  First bringing back GA and now JT.  Why not go for the hat-trick Steve and bring Richards back into the team.

I thought bringing back Agbonlahor for the Small Heath match turned out quite well, didn't you?

And what else did he do in the rest of the games he played.  £3m for one goal that Harry Redknapp's wife could have scored (until he ran her over).  Great example for young players at the club.

So I take it you didn't cheer that goal then, out of principle?

Of course I cheered the goal, I'm a Villa supporter.  That doesn't alter the point.

But you criticised the manager for bringing back Gabby yet you cheered when he scored the winning goal. It just doesn't add up.

Just like you didn't cheer Westwood's equaliser against West Brom. Or Lowton's thirty yard volley to put us in the lead against Stoke. Or Bacuna's equaliser against Man City.

I mean, you criticised the manager for using all those players, so couldn't possibly have been happy when they did something that benefited the team.

It just doesn't add up...

No, he criticised Bruce for recalling Gabby, that was after he won us the game. It doesn't just add up, it's fuckin bonkers.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2017, 11:28:36 PM »
If you're going to notice the one performance where Gabby contributes something, you need to also notice the hundreds where he gives fuck all.

I agree with you on much, s_h, but I don't see how you can (rightly) criticise Lerner for being a not-giving-a-fuck arsehole but then defend the player who is the absolute poster boy of not-give-a-fuck-have-no-standards Aston Villa of the last few years.

If i had to sum up everything wrong with this club for the last five or six years in one picture, it'd be a photo of that fat ******.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2017, 11:34:11 PM »
If you're going to notice the one performance where Gabby contributes something, you need to also notice the hundreds where he gives fuck all.

I agree with you on much, s_h, but I don't see how you can (rightly) criticise Lerner for being a not-giving-a-fuck arsehole but then defend the player who is the absolute poster boy of not-give-a-fuck-have-no-standards Aston Villa of the last few years.

If i had to sum up everything wrong with this club for the last five or six years in one picture, it'd be a photo of that fat c***.

Probably because he's scored 80+ goals for us which has been conveniently ignored by a large chunk of the support over the last few years. I admit he's fucked around way too often but Bruce said everyone was to be given a clean sheet when he arrived and I think Gabby deserves another shot. I thought he did well last season when he played but that injury he picked up set him back a bit. I'm give him another go next season too. He looks as fit as a fiddle.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2017, 11:44:09 PM »
If he does join then it won't be for the money as he would get more in China and US.  That would suggest his motivations are to continue play proper football. 

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2017, 11:45:36 PM »
So you have never told an English man, Irish man and Scots man joke or as a kid held the corner of your eyes up and  spoke in an Chinese accent ?

I have. I didn't get the job.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2017, 11:50:57 PM »
From what I have heard of him John Terry is someone who I would never associate myself with in normal everyday life. But this is football and not normal everyday life. It's  irrational. My football club is in real danger of becoming irrelevant in football if we don't haul ourselves back into the top flight. If our current manager believes John Terry can be the man to push us over the line then it's a price I'd be prepared to pay. Yes he's an arsehole but football is full of arseholes. I'd be prepared to live with it for the greater good of our beloved football club's future.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:53:12 PM by The Edge »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2017, 11:52:10 PM »

If i had to sum up everything wrong with this club for the last five or six years in one picture, it'd be a photo of that fat c***.

Probably because he's scored 80+ goals for us which has been conveniently ignored by a large chunk of the support over the last few years. I admit he's fucked around way too often but Bruce said everyone was to be given a clean sheet when he arrived and I think Gabby deserves another shot. I thought he did well last season when he played but that injury he picked up set him back a bit. I'm give him another go next season too. He looks as fit as a fiddle.

80 goals over hoe many years?

16/17 - 1 goal
15/16 - 1 goal
14/15 - 6 goals
13/14 - 4 goals

12 goals in 4 seasons.

Yet I've seen you write off players who have demonstrated far more contribution than that.

That tally is utterly pathetic.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2017, 11:57:38 PM »
And who can forget his 'finger to mouth' gesture after his herculean contribution during that one and only game against Norwich during the relegation season.  Don't you know he was due to go to Dubai that weekend!

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2017, 11:58:37 PM »

I don't like Terry, but this is pretty vile stuff tbh.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2017, 12:00:04 AM »
So you have never told an English man, Irish man and Scots man joke or as a kid held the corner of your eyes up and  spoke in an Chinese accent ?

I have. I didn't get the job.

I would never attempt to impersonate a Chinese person. Who on earth could possibly match Benny Hill's 'wonderful' Chinese impersonation from the seventies?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2017, 12:04:39 AM »

80 goals over hoe many years?

16/17 - 1 goal
15/16 - 1 goal
14/15 - 6 goals
13/14 - 4 goals

12 goals in 4 seasons.

Yet I've seen you write off players who have demonstrated far more contribution than that.

That tally is utterly pathetic.

To make those numbers even more real the last 2 seasons he's played 31 games to contribute those 2 goals.  That's why people 'forget' his previous goals, it's because he's forgotten what he did to score them.  Pretty much any other club of our size would've fucked him off 2-3 years ago, maybe he doesn't deserve to be blamed for that but it doesn't stop him from having stolen a living out of us for years.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #297 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:47 AM »
Could someone list relevant email addresses for those of us not on Twitter?

I have found, from this site in 2014, that Lee Preece is the Supporter Liaison Officer and his e mail address is lee.preece@avfc.co.uk. I'm not sure if he's in the job still, but that could be a good place to start. The more emails that get sent, the more chance the club will listen to what they say. Hopefully...

Ta. Will send an email in the morning.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #298 on: June 23, 2017, 12:12:26 AM »
While I'm on the subject wasn't The Chinese Man the only bloke Henry McGhee  ever interviewed? Not exactly up there with Wogan and Parkinson.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2017, 12:15:10 AM »

It hasn't been conveniently ignored, it's been overshadowed by him sitting on his massive arse smoking his shisha pipe while his club went down the pan.

He looks fit as a fiddle does he? A professional footballer looks in good shape? How can we show our gratitude?!  I moot we sell the bastard to Aberdeen and make him run there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal