collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549772 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2017, 02:27:35 PM »
I wasn't addressing you. I'm not sure what you mean by Whataboutary. You old un's and your internet spyk and memes.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2017, 02:30:34 PM »
Yep damn your empty words. Do you follow us away? I reckon you'll moan more that the fuckers have put Sunderland away on a Tuesday night than England's Brave John Terry.

I reckon you're wrong, but I don't think we're going to reach a meaningful conclusion here and we already seem to be heading down a childish route, which is probably my fault, so I apologise.

For the record, I sincerely hope we don't sign him, but can understand people that do. I don't expect anyone to refuse to because of him, it's just my choice. Good luck to anyone that gets fully behind the team despite of their feelings for him, I genuinely admire that level of loyalty.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
Was Terry found guilty of the racist comments? I truly can't recall the result of the investigation as i was living in China and a lot of the detail passed me by. Did he get a ban or a fine? I do recall him losing the England captaincy and Capello throwing a wobbler

1/4 of a million quid fine and a 4 match ban. I mean a week's wages and a 4 game ban...

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »
He is a divisive character at a time when we need leaders.

I would file this decision in the same shit bucket that Tony's Tweets come from.

A fucking joke of a football club.

Nose or Stripey?

Offline Ads

« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »
Although they concluded he wasn't racist as well.

The man is a bell end, but a bell end has a use (If you like crude metaphors).

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2017, 02:35:34 PM »
You daft racist.  Monty has answered it.  Keep digging though.
You answer the question then my friend

I'm not in the habit of abusing ethnic minorities, either in public or hurling racist abuse at the TV in the privacy of my own home.  Or having imaginary arguments with them, for that matter.  So maybe I'm the odd one in this situation, I accept that.

If I was a mad racist, I'd hope I still had just enough cop on to not demonstrate my ignorance to the world by dishing out racist insults during a live football match I was playing in, with a potential TV audience across the globe.
Not racist just narrow minded calling people you have never met daft racists

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »
Was Terry found guilty of the racist comments? I truly can't recall the result of the investigation as i was living in China and a lot of the detail passed me by. Did he get a ban or a fine? I do recall him losing the England captaincy and Capello throwing a wobbler

He was found guilty by the FA and banned for four games.

Cheers CD. Just managed to google this after your reply (cant believe it was 6 years ago) and saw he was acquiited in court - i didnt even remember it had gone to court.

My only recollection of the case was his claim that the words he used were " i did not call you a xxxxxxx".

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2017, 02:48:26 PM »
Show us the picture where they are saluting or running past "Darkie" our mascot.

I think both have to be put into historic context.

The darkie mascot picture was from the 1950s and at worst was being misguided in the same way as Golliwogs and the Black & White Minstrels. Should players have objected to it being racist ? Maybe, but I doubt it would have even occurred to them in the climate of 1950s Britain.

The historic context of the 1938 picture is players refusing to salute a racist tyrant in front of 110,000 of his own countrymen. At that time Germany had already entered Austria with dire consequences for the jewish population there as well as at home, they had explictly stated they intended to destroy Czechoslovakia by miltary force and were about to expel thousands of Polish born jews from Germany.

If you are going to take one stand, do you want it against a white bloke dressed up as a black man outside the players tunnel or a dictator who was ultimately responsible for the death of 6million jews ?

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2017, 02:55:46 PM »

I would file this decision in the same shit bucket that Tony's Tweets come from.

Nose or Stripey?

Neither.

Everytime the chairman tweets his hieroglyphics, my heart sinks a little bit. This decision to offer a has-been a load of cash is having the same effect. We are stumbling from one baffling decision to the next and have been for years. For me, we don't appear to be behaving like a well-run football club, more of a joke.

Offline Ads

« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
Context is key, I wouldn't disagree.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »
The context here is that we don't live in a World where "Darky", or the Black and White Minstrel Show are acceptable.

We are a million miles away from a World where calling a fellow professional a "fucking black ******" is okay.

Terry knew exactly what he was doing, and doesn't have the excuse of youth, or that what he was doing was "of its time".

He sets a bad example and may alienate fans in our great, multicultural city. We shouldn't be touching him with a fucking bargepole.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2017, 03:01:19 PM »

So to clarify, calling someone a black c***s is bad, saying if you had AIDs you would wank into somebodys mouth in a burns ward is good.

It's not about being good, it's about being racially abusive, which this isn't. You're really struggling with this, aren't you? Something you want to tell us? You seem keen to hear tales of racism from others, why not share yours? Or don't you have the balls?
Of course the quote isn't racially abusive, just morally abusive. What is it that i'm struggling with, calling out people who on one hand are outraged that we might be signing a perceived racist (even through he was found not guilty in a court of law) then have at some point in their lives have made comments or jokes against other races or colours.
I'm afraid to say I haven't got any tales of racism to enthral you with. I've worked with many nationalities and colours down the pit, again many others at Rover and Land Rover and never had any issues.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2017, 03:01:43 PM »
I already have minimal enthusiasm for this signing (as you might have guessed).

But if it's true that the sugarbag intends to wait for two weeks to see if he gets any offers from top flight clubs we really should nip this one in the bud now.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »

Nose or Stripey?
He's not wrong.  We never fucking learn and this repeated process has destroyed us as a remotely competitive football club.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »

Nose or Stripey?
He's not wrong.  We never fucking learn and this repeated process has destroyed us as a remotely competitive football club.

Terry hasn't signed yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal