collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549780 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
14 appearances last season for the Premier League Champions. Including 4 against opposition from lower leagues.

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2017, 01:06:24 PM »
Absolute No from me for all the reasons already stated.

The list is obviously pretty lengthy because, having read through them, we don't appear to have touched on leaving your flash motor in the Disabled Parking Bay.

Fucking Legend!

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2017, 01:10:21 PM »
Its going to happen isn't it? It just feels like a marquee signing that will cause more trouble than good.

Sign him up - I think Terry's All Gold.
Boom Boom

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
Absolute No from me for all the reasons already stated.

The list is obviously pretty lengthy because, having read through them, we don't appear to have touched on leaving your flash motor in the Disabled Parking Bay.

Fucking Legend!

To be fair, we're only on the twelfth page of why he's an unbearable dickhead.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »
We need to change our name to Southampton as we have a hell of a lot of saints for supporters. How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race whether in jest or not.

'People objecting to Ched Evans? We should change our name to Bill Oddie as we have a lot of Goodies on hear. Who here hand on heart can say they've never forced themselves on a woman without consent, whether in jest or not.'
Wasn't he cleared ?

Alright, whatever, replace him with Jimmy Saville or Tarquinius Superbus or whoever on earth you want. Point stands, no?
Well no the point doesn't stand. You were trying to be clever by bringing sexual predators into it and referring to someone who you thought had been convicted of rape when on appeal they were cleared.
I don't want us to sign Terry but that is purely down to football reasons, but my point was all the righteous on here are bringing up the race card, how many hands on heart can swear they have never made a stupid comment or even thought it.

You weren't talking about stupid comments though, you were talking about racist ones. If "not racist" means righteous, then I'm a total righteous bastard. I've made loads of stupid comments. Never any racially abusive ones. It would appear you have.
Why would you think that I would have appeared to make a racially abusive comment.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »
Well, 'How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race' seems to be a clue.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2017, 01:22:30 PM »
Indeed, speaking personally I imagine you would only make a comment of that nature if you were at some level prejudice.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2017, 01:22:58 PM »
We need to change our name to Southampton as we have a hell of a lot of saints for supporters. How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race whether in jest or not.

'People objecting to Ched Evans? We should change our name to Bill Oddie as we have a lot of Goodies on hear. Who here hand on heart can say they've never forced themselves on a woman without consent, whether in jest or not.'
Wasn't he cleared ?

Alright, whatever, replace him with Jimmy Saville or Tarquinius Superbus or whoever on earth you want. Point stands, no?
Well no the point doesn't stand. You were trying to be clever by bringing sexual predators into it and referring to someone who you thought had been convicted of rape when on appeal they were cleared.
I don't want us to sign Terry but that is purely down to football reasons, but my point was all the righteous on here are bringing up the race card, how many hands on heart can swear they have never made a stupid comment or even thought it.

You weren't talking about stupid comments though, you were talking about racist ones. If "not racist" means righteous, then I'm a total righteous bastard. I've made loads of stupid comments. Never any racially abusive ones. It would appear you have.
Why would you think that I would have appeared to make a racially abusive comment.

Why else would you be taking the "come on, we're all a little bit racist sometimes" line?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2017, 01:23:06 PM »

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:10 PM »

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »
Well, 'How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race' seems to be a clue.
So you have never told an English man, Irish man and Scots man joke or as a kid held the corner of your eyes up and  spoke in an Chinese accent ?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
I hear you're a racist now, Father?

Offline Monty

« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »
So you have never told an English man, Irish man and Scots man joke or as a kid held the corner of your eyes up and  spoke in an Chinese accent ?

Your first example isn't the same, your second example is weird, and you're missing the point - John Terry shouted racial abuse *at* a player. That's a bit different to a bad taste joke in private, don't you think?

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
Its going to happen isn't it? It just feels like a marquee signing that will cause more trouble than good.

Sign him up - I think Terry's All Gold.
Perhaps it was a slip of the tongue and he meant to call Anton Ferdinand "Black Magic".

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2017, 01:33:09 PM »
I can't stand him either, but I think he'd certainly improve our chances of a return to the cash cow aka The Premier League. If Bruce decides he wants Terry, there's sod-all I can do or say to change his mind.

I'm not sure that's true, there's plenty we can do. If watching that shit play for Villa would lessen your enjoyment, then tell the club. The majority of people on here don't want him, so we need to make our voices heard.

Tweet Xia and Wyness:
https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia?s=09
https://twitter.com/retsub12?s=09

Phone the ticket office and ask about their season ticket refund policy. Email any contact at the club that you can find an email address for. We don't have to stand by and let this happen. If the club make a mistake, it's our job to let them know. We're Aston Villa and we're far too good for John Terry. No matter what division we're in.

I have taken it upon myself to send emails & tweets to Dr Tony, KW & the club. It's made me feel better - having given my own opinion on Terry - but I honestly don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference now. I can only hope my pessimism proves to be completely unfounded.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal