collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549643 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2017, 11:42:19 PM »
Joey Barton, James McClean to name two. I would also feel tested if Suarez showed up in a few years. Again I dont like John Terry, but he doesnt hit my button you know?

Has Suarez really done anything that much worse?

Has James McClean done anything at all?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2017, 11:42:24 PM »
I'd also like to big up Damon for seeing this coming about 3 years ago and changing his username appropriately.

Prescient stuff.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:31 PM »
I'd also like to big up Damon for seeing this coming about 3 years ago and changing his username appropriately.

Prescient stuff.

Agreed. We all love JT now. All hail JT!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:40 PM »
Why would he not be captain? He's hardly going to come to the club if he's not captain.

Because we have one already?

When it comes to captains and we have John Terry at the club he's the obvious choice as captain. Not James Chester

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2017, 11:46:00 PM »
Not really. Chester has proven himself as a Villa player, Terry hasn't. I see no need to change the captain, and I think Chester would, rightly, see it as an undeserved snub if we did.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2017, 11:47:07 PM »
Why would he not be captain? He's hardly going to come to the club if he's not captain.

I remember years ago Wolves signed that guy from SHA and instantly made him captain and what was a stable dressing room totally disintegrated and they were relegated with a whimper.

I'm not a fan of making new players captain unless the incumbent actually suggests it which maybe Chester will do.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2017, 11:48:25 PM »

When it comes to captains and we have John Terry at the club he's the obvious choice as captain. Not James Chester

Why, does he win more coin tosses?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2017, 11:49:08 PM »
He's a massive, massive c*** and I personally would not piss on him if he were on fire, and I would seriously question his mental attitude coming here where we currently languish, but I can't believe anyone really thinks he wouldn't enormously improve our defence.

Hitting the nail on the head. I have worked with a lot of people I didn't particularly like but they got the job done.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2017, 11:49:56 PM »
Pretty easy to see why some folks aren't convinced that a 36, soon to be 37, year old that has hardly played for a year may not improve our defence at all. First of all hardly any of us, or anyone, has seen him play much for a year, and secondly he actually needs to get on the pitch. Maybe he would improve us, it's hardly guaranteed though.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:48 PM »
Joey Barton, James McClean to name two. I would also feel tested if Suarez showed up in a few years. Again I dont like John Terry, but he doesnt hit my button you know?

He is an anti British bigot who openly supports terrorists who murdered people in my home city. So yes. He is "not my cup of tea" as they say. He can fuck right off.

@dave for Suarez. Probably similar levels of asshattery to Terry to be fair. I find the combo of odious racism with blatant cheating puts him over the top. But for sure its close :)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2017, 11:52:07 PM »

Why, does he win more coin tosses?

Is that all Captain does? If that's the case just give it Gabby.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2017, 11:53:19 PM »
He needs to be captain if he signs so as he can organise his guard of honour every time he leaves the pitch.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2017, 11:53:26 PM »

I'd bet the DUP would say so. Otherwise, not so much.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2017, 11:53:35 PM »
Pretty easy to see why some folks aren't convinced that a 36, soon to be 37, year old that has hardly played for a year may not improve our defence at all. First of all hardly any of us, or anyone, has seen him play much for a year, and secondly he actually needs to get on the pitch. Maybe he would improve us, it's hardly guaranteed though.

Agreed PWS.  It's a massive risk and an expensive one at that according to some sources (£3m + another £2m if we go up one source is quoting).  Just seems an unnecessary gamble in the position we are in.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2017, 11:53:42 PM »
He had an affair and made a racist comment. I think possibly a lot of people are living in glass houses and throwing stones.

I'm 47 and have found it easy not having an affair or racially abusing another person. I imagine a lot of other people have as well.
Exactly. However I don't believe you are 47 ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal