collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549752 times)

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 10:35:21 PM »
Repulsive prick...but if he helps to get my team out of this god awful league, then I could stomach the bastard for a season or two.

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 10:35:45 PM »
Is our expectation of a Villa player so low that we even have to bend the "Don't say anything racist" rule? I really thought that one would have been easy enough to fulfil. I hate to sound like a saint, and I am a few years younger than VBJT, but I haven't racially abused anyone at work yet.

(I do abuse nationals of a country the day after they suffer a terrorist attack though)

(I don't)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2017, 10:35:50 PM »
Yep, can't wait to pay millions to a scumbag to do things like this. Just what we need.

&t=12s

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »
Make us mean and hated by the rest. One season only, get us back up. JT is a winner and will help to change the slack ass culture.He's still a horrible bloke but I honestly think he will help in some way.

That's exactly what people said about Roy Keane.  We never learn, do we?

I fear two things:

One, this reckless deal bankrupts us and leaves us doomed for years.

Two, what Brian Green said earlier, chillingly: Terry will be our next manager.

Bloody hate football, me.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:43 PM »
Make us mean and hated by the rest. One season only, get us back up. JT is a winner and will help to change the slack ass culture. He's still a horrible bloke but I honestly think he will help in some way.

I'd love us to be hated because we won all the time. Not because we provided pensions for detestable human beings.

I would take both.

Then again Terry is not one of my "I am done with this club till he is gone" players. I have some of those, but he isnt one. I do respect those fellow fans who do feel that way though.

That's fair enough. I fully understand that not everyone will feel as strongly about this as I do. (But just out of curiosity, who are the players that you consider to be more heinous than Terry?!?)

Joey Barton, James McClean to name two. I would also feel tested if Suarez showed up in a few years. Again I dont like John Terry, but he doesnt hit my button you know?

Anyways, hopefully this will all be moot and terry will bugger off overseas somewhere.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:59 PM »
Joe Cole was a winner as well, the club even made sure we knew it by doing this.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »
Assuming that it is the manager's decision, Steve Bruce is p****** me off.  First bringing back GA and now JT.  Why not go for the hat-trick Steve and bring Richards back into the team.

I thought bringing back Agbonlahor for the Small Heath match turned out quite well, didn't you?

And what else did he do in the rest of the games he played.  £3m for one goal that Harry Redknapp's wife could have scored (until he ran her over).  Great example for young players at the club.

So I take it you didn't cheer that goal then, out of principle?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »
You know, I remember when not being nasty enough c**ts was a massive problem that was going to be solved by bringing in Keane, Jedinak, Elphick, bringing back Hutton and so on. Perhaps we could try signing talent instead.

Signing talent??? You are so behind the times. Remember the 'Young and Hungry' Lambert plan? Then the 'cheap and cheerful plan'. It is like Baldrick from Blackadder with his 'cunning plans'. I'm terrified at what the next 'plan' might be.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2017, 10:49:56 PM »
Joe Cole was a winner as well, the club even made sure we knew it by doing this.

That's what we need. More players who have played for the Ing er land. They have the pashun.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:31 PM »
Glad to see he's addressing the issue of pace in our defence by signing essentially a racist oak tree.

Pace isn't an issue, concentration is.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:57 PM »
You know, I remember when not being nasty enough c**ts was a massive problem that was going to be solved by bringing in Keane, Jedinak, Elphick, bringing back Hutton and so on. Perhaps we could try signing talent instead.

Signing talent??? You are so behind the times. Remember the 'Young and Hungry' Lambert plan? Then the 'cheap and cheerful plan'. It is like Baldrick from Blackadder with his 'cunning plans'. I'm terrified at what the next 'plan' might be.

Maybe we'll be signing all these players we're being linked with to get the cold weather payments in the winter, added income towards FFP.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2017, 10:53:03 PM »
Glad to see he's addressing the issue of pace in our defence by signing essentially a racist oak tree.

Pace isn't an issue, concentration is.

I think everything is, to be fair.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »

Doing precisely what we have done eighteen times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time.

Offline robbyfvillain

• GM : 18.04.2021
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
Yep, can't wait to pay millions to a scumbag to do things like this. Just what we need.

&t=12s

That was the only time I thought about Terry playing for the Villa. My thought was I bet he would have been sent off if he played for us.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2017, 11:01:21 PM »
Judging by how the FA seem to treat us, if it had been a Villa player he'd still be serving the ban.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal