collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 11:45:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549982 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: John Terry - Confirmed Assistant Coach
« Reply #3885 on: May 23, 2019, 04:00:06 PM »
Following Damo’s post, I heard something similar when doing a VP tour (from Mick Dale). He said that Terry was staying last season in a large complex near Bodymoor that we can probably all guess. Every morning Terry would buy a coffee on his way out to training and would chat to the young lad (late teens) at the coffee bar, as he was a Villa fan.
Then one home game, Terry’s personal executive box at VP was not going to be used so he let the young lad from the hotel have it, so he could bring his mates, family etc.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #3886 on: May 23, 2019, 04:31:48 PM »
So by extension surely that makes Dean Smith every bit as bad or as lucky when players came in. Because pre Mings the defence looked terrible. And while Jack was out the team looked quite dreadful. So should we get a more experienced manager if we go up vs one who has only ever managed outside the PL say a lower level?

We were indeed worryingly shit without Grealish, so yes I do attribute our upturn mainly to him coming back and having better players in defence. The difference is that as head coach Smith must have had something to do with the players that came in.

Also I do not think that experience at PL level is any advantage regards being able to coach or manage over experience in the Championship. Plenty of good coaches come from German, Dutch, French leagues which are only about Champioship level (minus 1-2 teams).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:51:19 PM by ASHTONVILLA »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3887 on: May 23, 2019, 06:41:02 PM »
We weren't worryingly shit without Jack against Bristol City. In fact, I'd say that was our best performance out of the 10 match winning streak. Their keeper produced an amazing display plus we missed several chances - it could have been 8-1!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3888 on: May 23, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
i would also be surprised if he moved into management, I mean who else would we get too hand out the bibs and place the cones -  The sooner that racist leaves my club the better it will be!  and he can take his pencil case,  crayons and felt tips, colouring book with him and I will not give him another thought.

My first contact with John Terry was when he visited Acorns the Christmas before last. Despite a rather unpleasant Villa PR woman desperately trying to get the whole visit over and done with as quickly as possible, John Terry insisted on speaking to every single child and their family. He came across very well. More recently when he is staying in the Midlands he has based himself at the establishment my seventeen year old son now works at as a trainee chef and he has been very nice to my son and taken an interest in his career development. My son thinks he is a great bloke and based on my one off meeting with him I agree. I am however under strict instructions from my son not to reveal where he is based.

It's the Rollason Wood hotel in Erdington.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #3889 on: May 24, 2019, 10:21:00 AM »
On a personal note I really want to keep JT especially if we go up can you imagine back in the Premier League we could attract a better class of player because most top players would love to work with John Terry and he would be better serving a season coaching in the Premier League playing in it is one thing getting the experience coaching in it would be better for him than taking the Boro job and having another season in the Championship.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3890 on: May 24, 2019, 12:39:21 PM »
On a personal note I really want to keep JT especially if we go up can you imagine back in the Premier League we could attract a better class of player because most top players would love to work with John Terry and he would be better serving a season coaching in the Premier League playing in it is one thing getting the experience coaching in it would be better for him than taking the Boro job and having another season in the Championship.

Surely other players think he's a ****** as much as other fans do?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3891 on: May 24, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »
i would also be surprised if he moved into management, I mean who else would we get too hand out the bibs and place the cones -  The sooner that racist leaves my club the better it will be!  and he can take his pencil case,  crayons and felt tips, colouring book with him and I will not give him another thought.

My first contact with John Terry was when he visited Acorns the Christmas before last. Despite a rather unpleasant Villa PR woman desperately trying to get the whole visit over and done with as quickly as possible, John Terry insisted on speaking to every single child and their family. He came across very well. More recently when he is staying in the Midlands he has based himself at the establishment my seventeen year old son now works at as a trainee chef and he has been very nice to my son and taken an interest in his career development. My son thinks he is a great bloke and based on my one off meeting with him I agree. I am however under strict instructions from my son not to reveal where he is based.

It's the Rollason Wood hotel in Erdington.

He's been staying there since he got kicked out of the Clover Spa and Hotel at the Yenton.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #3892 on: May 24, 2019, 06:28:03 PM »

Surely other players think he's a c*** as much as other fans do?

The players are probably more concerned about him improving themselves  more than anything else. Improve the players improve the team. If everyone in life who had made a mistake had been put to the sword we wouldn't have to worry about global warming anymore.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3893 on: May 25, 2019, 09:17:52 AM »

Not Tyrone Ming’s.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #3894 on: May 25, 2019, 11:33:36 AM »

Not Tyrone Ming’s.

Exactly. Sited as one of the reasons why he came here. Wants to continue working with him too (Just win on Monday, that can be arranged).

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #3895 on: May 26, 2019, 11:04:28 AM »
It’ll be a shame if he goes but it wouldn’t be a disaster. He has been great for the club while he’s been here though. Could see Jedinak joining the coaching staff though.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #3896 on: May 26, 2019, 11:37:04 AM »
Or Petrov could get a bit of experience :)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3897 on: June 19, 2019, 03:46:56 PM »

Offline AsTallAsLions

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #3899 on: June 19, 2019, 03:55:29 PM »
Top man

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal