collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549718 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: John Terry - Confirmed Assistant Coach
« Reply #3795 on: October 16, 2018, 08:14:16 PM »
Terry - "I'm starting at the bottom". Hmmm; could have phrased that slightly differently!
I am sure he means his position at the club rather than the Club.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3796 on: October 16, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
That’s bloody excellent. These new fellas really do want to be here. All 3 of them can’t hide it from there faces. I have such a good feeling about this. No more false dawns.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #3797 on: October 16, 2018, 09:47:36 PM »
Terry - "I'm starting at the bottom". Hmmm; could have phrased that slightly differently!
I am sure he means his position at the club rather than the Club.
Yeah I thought that could definitely have been phrased better, especially as he's standing next to and has the same coaching title/position as Richard O'Kelly?! But in context though I think he was talking about Lampard and Gerrard and relating it to them going straight in as managers to big(-ish) clubs rather than a coach or at a club in the lower leagues. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:18:12 AM by Diablo »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3798 on: October 16, 2018, 11:20:04 PM »
O'Kelly came across as someone who had won the lotto, he can barely believe he's here.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3799 on: October 17, 2018, 12:15:10 AM »
They all sound enthusiastic and excited to me so what more can you ask for? Beats the cliches spouted by the usual suspects. If they don't make the grade then fine, we get rid, but at least they sound like its an opportunity for them all, rather than a sideways career move.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3800 on: October 17, 2018, 01:16:54 AM »
O'Kelly came across as someone who had won the lotto, he can barely believe he's here.

Having watched his coaching meeting with Smith to young, upcoming, talented coaches, my only fault in him is he's not 5 years younger. His enthusiasm for the game is everything I want to hear. Add to that his love of the talent available - even just working with 11/13 players. We're in good hands.

Loved how Terry mentioned he'd already been in a situation this morning, first day, where opinions are counted and it got a bit tasty.

Easy to say now but it looks like we have finally found a group of coaches that can maximise the talent we have. I can't wait for Saturday. I'm just so proud that the fans, having suffered so much shit for 18 years, will be there to show we are who we say we are. Amazing support.

Three Wise Men. Onwards and upwards.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #3801 on: October 17, 2018, 07:42:49 AM »

Having watched his coaching meeting with Smith to young, upcoming, talented coaches, my only fault in him is he's not 5 years younger. His enthusiasm for the game is everything I want to hear. Add to that his love of the talent available - even just working with 11/13 players. We're in good hands.

Loved how Terry mentioned he'd already been in a situation this morning, first day, where opinions are counted and it got a bit tasty.

Easy to say now but it looks like we have finally found a group of coaches that can maximise the talent we have. I can't wait for Saturday. I'm just so proud that the fans, having suffered so much shit for 18 years, will be there to show we are who we say we are. Amazing support.

Re the fans, I went to buy tickets in upper trinity a couple of days ago and there were about 50 left in the wings, not the best seats tbh. Went on last night after my mate confirmed he could go and they had released a load more they had offered to former UH season ticket holders but were now in Gen sale. Only about 5/600 but if anyone was thinking of going its worth mentioning. Absolutely fucking outstanding effort though - 41000+ for a mid table clash in the second division against a club from the other end of the UK. Unprecedented.

Offline kieron

« Reply #3802 on: October 17, 2018, 07:51:46 AM »
Not quite unprecedented but still very very good.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #3803 on: October 17, 2018, 09:00:25 AM »
With Dean and his two assistants I think we have assembled a team that will stand no messing around from the players.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3804 on: October 17, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
We'll have a bigger attendance Saturday than a side who will likely finish in the top 3, if not win the Premier League, will have all season.

Against Swansea.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3805 on: October 17, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »

Re the fans, I went to buy tickets in upper trinity a couple of days ago and there were about 50 left in the wings, not the best seats tbh. Went on last night after my mate confirmed he could go and they had released a load more they had offered to former UH season ticket holders but were now in Gen sale. Only about 5/600 but if anyone was thinking of going its worth mentioning. Absolutely fucking outstanding effort though - 41000+ for a mid table clash in the second division against a club from the other end of the UK. Unprecedented.

i saw that
they are good seats as well, bottom part of the upper trinity right in the middle, cracking view

bet those who took the last few up in the wings with the gods before they were released might feel a bit sad

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3806 on: October 17, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »
Absolutely fucking outstanding effort though - 41000+ for a mid table clash in the second division against a club from the other end of the UK. Unprecedented.

Swansea's closer to Villa Park than Norwich is to Villa Park

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3807 on: October 17, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »
Absolutely fucking outstanding effort though - 41000+ for a mid table clash in the second division against a club from the other end of the UK. Unprecedented.

Yeah, but it's in a different country!

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3808 on: October 17, 2018, 10:44:16 AM »

Yeah, but it's in a different country!

apparently and this might just be an urban myth (i heard it on the telly)
 but in the hospitals in the Norwich areas the nurses have a secret code for their paperwork
 they use it for some patients

NFN - Normal for Norfolk

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3809 on: October 17, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »
I’m more of a leg man myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal