collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 554572 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2730 on: February 25, 2018, 07:17:40 AM »
I would agree with that. BTW what's happened to Samba? He seems to have lipped off the face of the earth?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2731 on: February 26, 2018, 11:56:24 AM »
Danny Murphy on Talksport a few minutes ago reckoned he is doing great for Villa and Chelsea are missing him and should have kept him for another year.

Online Holte L2

« Reply #2732 on: February 26, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »
Danny Murphy on Talksport a few minutes ago reckoned he is doing great for Villa and Chelsea are missing him and should have kept him for another year.

I think Murphy is right. Chelski's loss is definitely our gain.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2733 on: February 26, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »

I think Murphy is a right t*@t. Seeing as he's such a massive fan of ours it would be interesting to know just how many Villa games he's actually watched this season? There's no doubt Terry had an amazing career at Chelsea but he left having only played something like 9 games (718 mins - before his final appearance and 26min sub) in his final season under Conte (at least 1 of which he was sent off and wasn't he subbed at half time one match following a mistake? I seem to remember hearing that on the radio - could be wrong) If you were being generous I'd say it's a very rose tinted view to think Terry should/would be still playing for them and that he would be the difference to their current league position. If Murphy's comments have been brought on following Chelsea's 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford yesterday it maybe worth noting Terry also didn't play the season before when Chelsea lost there 2-0 (and yet won the title).

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2734 on: February 26, 2018, 05:00:12 PM »

I think Murphy is a right t*@t. Seeing as he's such a massive fan of ours it would be interesting to know just how many Villa games he's actually watched this season? There's no doubt Terry had an amazing career at Chelsea but he left having only played something like 9 games (718 mins - before his final appearance and 26min sub) in his final season under Conte (at least 1 of which he was sent off and wasn't he subbed at half time one match following a mistake? I seem to remember hearing that on the radio - could be wrong) If you were being generous I'd say it's a very rose tinted view to think Terry should/would be still playing for them and that he would be the difference to their current league position. If Murphy's comments have been brought on following Chelsea's 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford yesterday it maybe worth noting Terry also didn't play the season before when Chelsea lost there 2-0 (and yet won the title).

You didn't need to elaborate, that was enough.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2735 on: February 26, 2018, 07:19:09 PM »
Fair point.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2736 on: February 26, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
it would be news if anyone on talksport wasn't a total knobjockey

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2737 on: February 26, 2018, 10:55:35 PM »
Terry's made the odd mistake in the Championship. With the level Chelsea are competing at and some of the defenders they have, I don't think Terry could offer much aside from perhaps leadership. Even if we do go up and he wanted to stay, I'm not sure we wouldn't need to sign a first choice centre back to play alongside Chester.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2738 on: February 27, 2018, 01:00:54 AM »
Agreed. Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking Terry is any longer a PL player. He’d be exposed which deep down I think he knows. Given his legacy I don’t blame him at all.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:02:32 AM by Toronto Villa »

Online Holte L2

« Reply #2739 on: February 27, 2018, 08:46:53 AM »
Agreed. Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking Terry is any longer a PL player. He’d be exposed which deep down I think he knows. Given his legacy I don’t blame him at all.

Fair points.  I still think he'd make a difference at Chelsea. Just like he would if we keep him next season. Simply for his leadership, especially when you see the dross that Chelsea signed to replace him. There's no way he'd be able to manage 90 minute games back to back, but you wouldn't need to.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2740 on: February 27, 2018, 08:50:42 AM »
interestingly, the similarly aged Barry is getting dogs abuse from the WBA supporters I know for ot giving a rat's arse. You certainly can't level that accusation at Terry.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2741 on: February 27, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »
interestingly, the similarly aged Barry is getting dogs abuse from the WBA supporters I know for ot giving a rat's arse. You certainly can't level that accusation at Terry.

To be fair, the day Barry signed for that shower it was obvious to everyone he'd given up.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2742 on: February 27, 2018, 12:23:32 PM »

Im fairly convinced that whatever happens this will be John Terry's last season in English football. 

He's been superb for us this year but if we go up he'll ride off into the sunset mission accomplished. If we don't he'll not play another season in the Championship as its getting harder for him which is inevitable, he doesn't want to look a fool.

I think he's genuinely loved it so far though, Atleast it certainly looks that way, he always goes mental when we score.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2743 on: February 27, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
I think you’re right Oz, he’ll go whatever happens come the end of the season and nobody can begrudge him that.

Offline ironmaidenmania

« Reply #2744 on: February 27, 2018, 09:19:14 PM »
I'm not so sure. If we stay in this division I think he'll play one more season. If we go up he'll hang up his boots and move into coaching.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal