collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 04:48:57 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 04:48:44 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 04:44:24 PM]

NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 04:37:45 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by AV82EC
[Today at 04:35:28 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:29:07 PM]

150 celebrations by Dave P
[Today at 04:16:04 PM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Villan82
[Today at 04:07:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 554080 times)

Offline Holte132

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2700 on: February 13, 2018, 12:23:57 PM »
 :D
Given VP .....

When was Villa Park renamed in honour of our former keeper?

Very good! Made me laugh, anyway! :D :D :D

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #2701 on: February 13, 2018, 10:07:22 PM »
I'm probably slow on the uptake and this has probably been mentioned on here, but I just heard Sundays game was the largest attended home game he has played in.

It should've been but despite it being a sell out the attendance was reported as only 41,200.  Stamford Bridge holds 41,600 so he may well have played in front of larger home league crowds.

Given VP has a capacity of 42,785 I'm not sure where the 1,500 empty seats were.

The North Stand corner and the first rows of the away bit.

1,500?!  I could see a couple of hundred in the corner but no more.

They had 600 seats less than the away capacity.

Bollocks. Don't you realise they are the best supported team in Brum?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2702 on: February 13, 2018, 10:33:10 PM »
I'm probably slow on the uptake and this has probably been mentioned on here, but I just heard Sundays game was the largest attended home game he has played in.

It should've been but despite it being a sell out the attendance was reported as only 41,200.  Stamford Bridge holds 41,600 so he may well have played in front of larger home league crowds.

Given VP has a capacity of 42,785 I'm not sure where the 1,500 empty seats were.

Bollocks. Don't you realise they are the best supported team in Brum?

It's ok, they took over the Holte remember.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2703 on: February 13, 2018, 11:09:02 PM »

It also ignores forty or so England games.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2704 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:35 PM »
A very quick check, but loads of Chelsea games had bigger crowds than Sunday. Not by much, but still a few hundred more. It’s a nice thought but would essentially seem to be bollocks.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2705 on: February 14, 2018, 03:44:19 AM »
A very quick check, but loads of Chelsea games had bigger crowds than Sunday. Not by much, but still a few hundred more. It’s a nice thought but would essentially seem to be bollocks.

The stat was that had Villa Park been at capacity vs Blues then it would have been the highest home league attendance he had ever played in front of. In the years Terry played for Chelsea, Stamford Bridge has always had a smaller capacity than Villa Park. He has however played in front of larger crowds than we had this past weekend. So it is still possible that at some point this season, possibly Wolves that stat will be proved out. It hasn't yet.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2706 on: February 14, 2018, 07:41:36 AM »

It seemed strange that despite that lot apparently selling out there were small pockets of seats empty all over the the section that, on the face of it, wouldn’t have had any impact at all on segregation.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2707 on: February 14, 2018, 07:46:52 AM »
What is going on with the reduced ticket allowance? Was it a police recommendation? Safety issue? Or something between the two clubs?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2708 on: February 14, 2018, 08:18:29 AM »
What is going on with the reduced ticket allowance? Was it a police recommendation? Safety issue? Or something between the two clubs?

Police restriction to keep fans more segregated following incidents at previous games. I am sure I read that they were allowed a few additional seats this year compared to last due to improved behaviour.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2709 on: February 14, 2018, 11:40:11 AM »
Cheers Chris. I thought so. Did we decline the offer of more tickets for the away match this year? As some Blues fans were moaning about the allocation and suggested that we had?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #2710 on: February 14, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »
I'd just like to point out that the number of tosses I give about the number of people in front of whom John Terry has played is equal to the number of European Champions cups won by Arsenal. Or Blose.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2711 on: February 14, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »

All Category A games have a reduced away allocation, which might have been the pockets of empty seats PW referred to.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2712 on: February 14, 2018, 06:12:09 PM »

Police restriction to keep fans more segregated following incidents at previous games. I am sure I read that they were allowed a few additional seats this year compared to last due to improved behaviour.

Police restrictions based on previous behaviour. And they got the same extra 100 tickets that we did.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2713 on: February 18, 2018, 12:44:56 AM »
I'd just like to point out that the number of tosses I give about the number of people in front of whom John Terry has played is equal to the number of European Champions cups won by Arsenal. Or Blose.

Good point. As a seminarian of the Church of Rome in my youth,  I was taught that tossing was a mortal sin which could consign your soul to eternal damnation. In other words, tosses are not to be taken lightly and should be reserved for fantasies other than the attendance figures of JT's home games.

A Wank Bank based on such shoddy foundations would be as insolvent as, now I come to think of it, all of our major banks.

Vexatious is what it is. As my compatriot the late great Flann O'Brien once wrote, it is nearly an insoluble pancake, a conundrum of inscrutable potentialities, a snorter.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2714 on: February 21, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
Terry is making lot of errors lately. There were at last two big one's last night and there have been some in previous games. Not sure if number of games are catching up with him?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal