collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 553355 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2325 on: December 10, 2017, 01:01:32 AM »
John  Terry needs to  stay in the game.  He is well off, extremely well off compared to 99% of  us but he has his issues.  What he is doing  is right by him , doing everything right in our eyes (Villa).  And by the way we need him right now.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2326 on: December 13, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
Pictures in the Daily Mail of him sprinting up the Holte steps and also receiving treatment down at Chelsea. He seems to be doing his bit to get fit.

Fair play to him.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2327 on: December 13, 2017, 08:14:34 AM »
There's a video on his Instagram of him running all over the lower Holte.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2328 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:04 AM »
Fucking hell, bad enough that 50 Millwall took the Holte on Saturday but it only took one Chelsea.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2329 on: December 13, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »
Ran all over the Holte taking fackin liberties.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2330 on: December 13, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »
I was never a fan of Terry, I'm still in the great footballer, despicable human being camp but I have to admire his desire and attitude, long may it continue and hopefully rub off onto some of the youngsters.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2331 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:56 PM »
and hopefully rub off onto some of the youngsters.

Haven't we got enough problems with the allegations of bullying without this?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2332 on: December 13, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »
I was never a fan of Terry, I'm still in the great footballer, despicable human being camp but I have to admire his desire and attitude, long may it continue and hopefully rub off onto some of the youngsters.

He has done some questionable things in the past without a doubt, but I think 'despicable human being' is a bit over the top.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #2333 on: December 13, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »

He has done some questionable things in the past without a doubt, but I think 'despicable human being' is a bit over the top.

Yes, I was only thinking the same thing as I read it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2334 on: December 13, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »

Yes, I was only thinking the same thing as I read it.
He has done some pretty despicable things to be fair.  I'm not convinced a racist outburst in the heat of a tough game truly defines him as a racist in the way he conducts every day life, but it's still pretty indefensible.  So is shagging your team mates wife etc.

With that said, he clearly has an excellent attitude at the moment and has been fantastic for us.  These incidents are well in the past and judging him just on the time he has been at the Villa it is really difficult to fault him.  I hope he leads us to promotion, picks up his fat bonus check and signs for another year. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2335 on: December 13, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »
John Terry Holte

I'll give him this. He wants to make the most of this opportunity and you have to set aside personal feelings about who he is and have respect for his professionalism and dedication. It's good for the club in a football context to have him there and highly influential to the other players.

Gabby has a similar video where he stops a few times to smoke, drink and down a pie before falling asleep. I don't know if he finished the run.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2336 on: December 13, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »
John Terry Holte

I'll give him this. He wants to make the most of this opportunity and you have to set aside personal feelings about who he is and have respect for his professionalism and dedication. It's good for the club in a football context to have him there and highly influential to the other players.

Gabby has a similar video where he stops a few times to smoke, drink and down a pie before falling asleep. I don't know if he finished the run.
😂

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2338 on: December 13, 2017, 06:37:44 PM »
John Terry Holte

'Professional footballer in doing-some-training shocker!'

Am I missing something here?  Isn't trying to get fit as soon as possible what we pay him for?!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2339 on: December 13, 2017, 06:39:57 PM »
John Terry Holte

'Professional footballer in doing-some-training shocker!'

Am I missing something here?  Isn't trying to get fit as soon as possible what we pay him for?!

It is, but as we've seen, we've had several players recently who can't even be bothered to do the very minimum required.  When you've got wasters like Agbonlahor and McCormack, seeing somebody go a bit above and beyond what's required is good news, surely?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal