collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Consultation Group  (Read 5303 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Fans Consultation Group
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:22:56 PM »
The next Fans Consultation Group meeting will take place on 28th June. I can't be arsed going make it so amfy will be there. Here's the agenda. 

Catering

1.   With the promised Capital investment from Compass, what is planned to improve the infrastructure to ensure staffing is more efficient, in-order to avoid pinch points on match day?

2.   The club announced Heineken as their new beer partner last year. However, with the changing culture of beer drinking in Britain with a focus now on craft and local beers, what is being done to address this?

3.   To improve the match day experience around Villa Park and catering offering would the club consider holding a trial street food event?

Match Day

4.   There is a lack of half-time entertainment. What is being done to re-introduce fan competitions?

5.   There has been positive move by changing the music building up to the start of kick-off. For example, Hi Ho Silver. Is this going to continue and what will be the entrance music for the forthcoming season?

6.   What is the likelihood of the Lions Club re-opening in the Doug Ellis Stand?

7.   To support the Project B6 fan funded flags initiative; can the club please provide concourse signs on the exit of the Lower Holte & North for the return of flags to a designated drop off point in addition to a stadium announcement pre/post match?

8.   With heightened security levels due to terrorism, what is the club doing to improve security when supporters have been able to smuggle in flares which have then been set off in the ground?

9.   At the Leeds United away game last season there was overcrowding and altercations with the police as well as stewards after a flare had been released as supporters tried to exit via the emergency exits. The overcrowding and handling of supporters created a safety hazard. Can the club please request a report from Leeds United of what happened that evening?

Ticketing

10.   Print at home tickets attract an admin fee. Considering the cost of printing the ticket is at the expense of the supporter, can the club please explain the basis of this fee?

11.   Supporters continue to experience problems accessing the online ticketing website. What is being done to address the server capacity to cope with the extra traffic?

12.   Not all ticketing requests can be serviced by Ticketmaster and some supporters have to be re-directed to the club. Can the club please be transparent on the ticket service offering as this isn`t clear when dialling in?

13.   When away tickets are released on-line the qualifying criteria does not feed through in a timely manner to supporters` accounts. As a result supporters often experience delays in being able to purchase tickets contrary to the criteria advertised.

Supporter Engagement & Welfare

14.   Following the introduction of Villa Support Twitter account, what other channels is the club considering in order to drive effective supporter communication? For example, has it considered a Facebook Q&A or an enterprise live chat solution?

15.   What progress has the club made in transmitting live feeds of games (U23s) from Facebook to AVTV for those that do not have social media accounts?

16.   Can the club please provide supporters with an update on the forthcoming new loyalty program?

17.   What is the club`s alternative to the EFL`s iFollow?

18.   What is the club doing to support fans with autism?

For example, Middlesbrough have set-up a special sensory room so that children with autism can attend matches.

Other

19.   When can supporters expect the club to reveal the new shirt sponsor?

20.   When will supporters be able to purchase the 2017/18 kit and how will prices compare to last season?

21.   What`s the update on safe standing?

22.   Where is the club at in terms of increasing the provisions for disabled fans?

a.   Is it adhering to the deadline of Aug that was set when we were in the Premier League in 2015?

b.   If not, when do we expect to meet the requirements?

c.   The North Stand what other areas of the ground have been identified for increasing disabled seating?

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
Re: Fans Consultation Group
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:44:30 PM »
Thanks Dave / Amfy, i presume on the field and squad development matters are not in scope for the FCG?

Offline Skerra

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
In certain sectors of the ground the club do not give concessions. A good friend of mine has a Spurs season ticket and, as a concession, has paid just over £300 whereas I've paid nigh on £600. Also I understand that at WBA concessions are given in all parts of the ground. Now whilst I realise that we are better than either of these clubs (after all who wants to watch the likes of Harry Kane when we have the likes of Bacuna!!), can someone please ask the question. The Club did tell me, a couple of months ago, they were discussing this at board level but have heard nothing since. Would be most obliged.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:48:41 AM »
Can you ask how our attempts to act as a community club coexist with our efforts to sign a racist.

Also, can we have a free pie.

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
The main thing i would like to see is the ticket office being able to have a screen showing seating availability so when you are buying a season or matchday ticket they can swing the screen round so you can see and choose your seat. i thought that they had this facility in the past, it would certainly improve the service. If it is too late to mention this time perhaps it could be for next meeting

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »
I'm surprised no one has objected to the use of the word "fans" yet.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:10:17 PM »
Thanks Dave & amfy.
I look forward to the reading the minutes of the meeting (hopefully).
There are several items on the agenda that are of interest to me

Offline Laurence

• Exiled in Lancashire
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:27:43 PM »
Re point 18 - The Autism room is a great idea, one of my sons, who's six is Autistic and a similar arrangement would allow me to bring him to VP.  At present that's a step I'm not willing to take as in the stands the noise from the speakers alone would be too much for him.  Obviously we don't need to worry about our celebrations too often.

FYI, this what Sunderland did: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-35491555/sunderland-football-team-provides-viewing-room-for-autistic-fans 

I'm quite happy for the club to consult me on this matter if any further information is required.  Please PM me as required.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 04:22:06 PM »
Can the issue of Wi-fi be raised ........ often see ads on TV screens to post pics onto twitter yet its almost impossible to get any access inside ground. Fully understand part of reason is number of people using but we must be able to be improved

Offline murfee

• GM : 15.05.2015
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
In certain sectors of the ground the club do not give concessions. A good friend of mine has a Spurs season ticket and, as a concession, has paid just over £300 whereas I've paid nigh on £600. Also I understand that at WBA concessions are given in all parts of the ground. Now whilst I realise that we are better than either of these clubs (after all who wants to watch the likes of Harry Kane when we have the likes of Bacuna!!), can someone please ask the question. The Club did tell me, a couple of months ago, they were discussing this at board level but have heard nothing since. Would be most obliged.

Yes ,please ask about this. I have a season ticket in the trinity road stand , if I want to take my grandsons who are 9 and 7. I have to pay full price for them to be able to sit near me. However in other parts of the ground there are concessions. If we want to attract younger fans ,who will be the future of the club ,why do we make it so expensive or difficult to bring them? It's not like every game is a sell out.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 10:26:49 PM »
Re point 18 - The Autism room is a great idea, one of my sons, who's six is Autistic and a similar arrangement would allow me to bring him to VP.  At present that's a step I'm not willing to take as in the stands the noise from the speakers alone would be too much for him.  Obviously we don't need to worry about our celebrations too often.

FYI, this what Sunderland did: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-35491555/sunderland-football-team-provides-viewing-room-for-autistic-fans 

I'm quite happy for the club to consult me on this matter if any further information is required.  Please PM me as required.

Might be better if you got hold of Lee Preece lee.preece@avfc.co.uk

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 10:40:50 PM »
 Hello Amfy, If you get chance can you please raise the point about season ticket holder Villa car stickers. A minor point to some granted. They stopped them last year due to cost cutting  but surely having 20,000 + people driving around the country advertising our club and proud to do so must be worth the minimal amount they cost to produce ? I miss mine and would like it back please  :)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 10:41:32 PM »
4.   There is a lack of half-time entertainment.

There is a lack of first half and second half entertainment, too.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 10:55:57 PM »
Is there a decision on streaming?
Thanks

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »
Is there a replacement for the Villa cash scheme for people without season tickets???

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal