collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2017/18  (Read 721913 times)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: Other Games - 2017/18
« Reply #1290 on: October 03, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »
Villa75, I have always found that people will treat you in kind on this forum, regardless of how new a poster you are. Instead of being paranoid maybe you could bear that in mind. What you seem to have done here is the equivalent of going round to meet the new neighbours, farting loudly in their porch and then getting stroppy when they don't invite you in.

To be fair he does seem to have come in for some unfair stick and accusations of being SilhillVilla or whatever other previous posters have wound people up, simply for expressing what to me looked like valid opinions honestly expressed.  It's only paranoia if they're not out to get you...

It was the 'needing to know my place' and the 'having to wait for permission to comment' stuff that I was referring to. Regardless of whether or not people have been unfair in their comments, he has not been denied his say. He has made his points without any intervention or obstacles, and I agree they're perfectly valid. I just find it pretty tedious when anyone claims they're not allowed a different view, as it patently isn't true.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1291 on: October 03, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »
Villa75, I have always found that people will treat you in kind on this forum, regardless of how new a poster you are. Instead of being paranoid maybe you could bear that in mind. What you seem to have done here is the equivalent of going round to meet the new neighbours, farting loudly in their porch and then getting stroppy when they don't invite you in.

To be fair he does seem to have come in for some unfair stick and accusations of being SilhillVilla or whatever other previous posters have wound people up, simply for expressing what to me looked like valid opinions honestly expressed.  It's only paranoia if they're not out to get you...

It was the 'needing to know my place' and the 'having to wait for permission to comment' stuff that I was referring to. Regardless of whether or not people have been unfair in their comments, he has not been denied his say. He has made his points without any intervention or obstacles, and I agree they're perfectly valid. I just find it pretty tedious when anyone claims they're not allowed a different view, as it patently isn't true.

There are a couple of words for people who don't know their place and don't wait for permission to comment.

Not married. ;)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1292 on: October 04, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »
I responded in kind to attacks on who I was or was not, just because I expressed a different view on subjects.

I dared to suggest that Villa might only get 4/5 points from the next three games and, I presume because I'm new, was classed as being overly negative and tedious, along with the ever so humorous "it must be xxxx" (version 6).

Yes, but you are missing the context of that comment.

It was in the post match thread for a game we'd just (as in a few hours ago) won, completing four wins on the bounce and a 6 match unbeaten streak.

It wasn't the fact you thought we'd struggle in the next games that drew attention, it was that you expressed that view at that time. That's what people raised eyebrows at, and the general suggestion was to maybe just enjoy a rare run of wins.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1293 on: October 04, 2017, 11:32:43 AM »
if you take the view like me that Bruce is a massive carbuncle on the very arse of Aston Villa its impossible to get it right when we win or go on a winning run

If you come on saying negative things about Bruce people come out with the old accusations of
‘You don’t want Villa to win’
‘You enjoy Villa losing’
‘Cheer up your so negative all the time’

If you don’t say anything negative you come in for comments like
‘Bruce outers have all gone quiet ‘
‘Where have all the Bruce haters gone’

for the record I’m not fickle I never wanted him and still don’t, my mind doesn’t change with each result, he’s still a rubbish manager for the Villa imo

yes he’s capable of getting us into a play off place so is every other manager in this division and a lot of the ones in the division below he’s only doing badly what any number of managers with this squad could do

I still want Villa to win I still want us to get out of this shit league, if it has to be with him then so be it,
but I still think we will regret the day we never got rid of him when we could of

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1294 on: October 04, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »
if you take the view like me that Bruce is a massive carbuncle on the very arse of Aston Villa its impossible to get it right when we win or go on a winning run

If that's what you think, then there isn't really any point you contributing, as we know what you think and there's no sensible discussion to be had.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1295 on: October 04, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »

If that's what you think, then there isn't really any point you contributing, as we know what you think and there's no sensible discussion to be had.

There is plenty you can discuss and comment on. As long as the view is not biased due to the overall view, participation in debates is welcomed (well, it is from me, anyway).

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1296 on: October 04, 2017, 01:11:14 PM »

If you come on saying negative things about Bruce people come out with the old accusations of
‘You don’t want Villa to win’
‘You enjoy Villa losing’
‘Cheer up your so negative all the time’

If you don’t say anything negative you come in for comments like
‘Bruce outers have all gone quiet ‘
‘Where have all the Bruce haters gone’

Or the people who have backed Bruce get called 'Brulievers'.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1297 on: October 04, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »

I think if you read back through some comments on other threads his contributions have sometimes been met with some unnecessary derogatory comments such as being a troll, bluenose, annoying form poster etc.  I think he is only reacting to that when being sarcastic about permission to express an opinion. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:42:33 PM by ktvillan »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1298 on: October 04, 2017, 05:04:29 PM »

That's nonsense. We could very well say much the same about yourself, myself or any other regular poster you care to mention.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1299 on: October 04, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »

That's nonsense. We could very well say much the same about yourself, myself or any other regular poster you care to mention.

Where have you or I posted that we don't care what xyz happens to do, our view is so entrenched and biased that it was formed before you could even judge the subject for yourself? That regardless of whether xyz is a success, it's irrelevant?

When we are bad, I say it. When we are good I take enormous pleasure in that and say it. I remain always hopeful. This is my hobby after all, be no point to it if I wasn't enjoying it.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:06:34 PM by Ads »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1300 on: October 05, 2017, 07:47:25 PM »
The NFL game at the weekend getting a bigger crowd at Wembley than the England game which could clinch qualification is quite amusing.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1301 on: October 05, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
.....and that’s with the lowest tier of seats covered in tarps for the NFL

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1302 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »
The NFL game at the weekend getting a bigger crowd at Wembley than the England game which could clinch qualification is quite amusing.

I agree with nine out of Southgate's starting eleven. Hart, Walker, Stones, Cahill, Dier, Henderson, Sterling, Rashford and Kane. But I would have had Rose and Lallana instead of Bertrand and Oxlade-Chamberlain. Having said that maybe they aren't fit. I haven't seen who the subs are.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #1303 on: October 05, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »
The "fucking" England band must be among the stayaways from Wembley and my enjoyment has shot up 100%.

Hoddle to vanish next please.
Then Sterling perhaps and Oxlade-Whatsthepoint.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1304 on: October 05, 2017, 08:14:52 PM »
Those that didn't turn up are the lucky ones.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal