collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 10:46:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:45:42 AM]

[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2017/18  (Read 721996 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Other Games - 2017/18
« Reply #600 on: August 24, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
Celtic and Liverpool also seem to have a thing going on.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #601 on: August 24, 2017, 07:36:08 PM »
That puts me off Celtic. Mind you I don't like Aberdeen anymore since they started voting Tory. Who else is there? Hibs seem a good bunch of lads and really piss Sevco off so I hope they win it.

They won't, obviously.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #602 on: August 24, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
Hibs are my team, in the days before readily available replica kits, if I wanted to play as a Scottish team I donned my white school shirt and a green wooly tanktop.
And that Sunshine on Leith rendition in 16  is about as good a football song as you'll ever hear.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #603 on: August 24, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »
"Our Day Will Come" was the Celtic/ManU fanzine

Offline Alinushavfc

« Reply #604 on: August 24, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »
Bye bye Celtic.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #605 on: August 24, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »
Bay City Rollers or Slik?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #606 on: August 24, 2017, 09:09:26 PM »
Well done Celtic, through 8-4 on aggregate! Let's hope they can can get a decent draw (esp. if in pot 3) and make it though the group stages.

Fuck the bigoted wankers.

Donald Trump posts on H&V?!

They are just as bad as the other lot in Glasgow but I really can't be arsed with going round Celtic and Rangers, nor Northern Ireland politics/religion for the 10000th time, so will leave that debate there.

I've been to about twenty Old Firm games, the first few as a neutral. After a fair few experiences as an English Protestant up there, staying all weekend every time, I went with the team whose fans showed absolutely no bigotry at all, rather than those whose every fibre is infected with it.

As I say, it's the Donald Trump position to think the anti-bigots are as bad as the bigots. Leave it if you want, rather than expose further ignorance.

Ignorance? Piss off. What if I also have experience up there of games? Or happen to have a staunch Celtic supporting Chap in my family who is a top bloke but his family are horrific? Or maybe gotten the shit kicked out of me for being English on a night out in Glasgow by Celtic fans? Not all of those are true, but it might mean my experience is different to yours, no? Why do you have to take a position on absolutely everything where there is black or white with no shades of grey inbetween? 

You are expecting mean to change my view because you have decided which side are the right ones and I am a shit because it isn't who you have decided the good guys are.

You have been around here a long time so will know perfectly well that I can't stand either old firm team. Why? Because I don't like how they have happily allowed The Troubles in Northern Ireland to be a huge catalyst in lining their pockets. For allowing sectarian singing to go on unabated for decades, regardless of the trouble it causes, because it isn't good for business to say anything about it.

Essentially, you are asking me to pick the least worst. Like picking between Blues and Olbiyun. Or Hitler v Stalin. Or Jozef Fritzl and David O' Leary. I don't want to pick a least worst when I can't stand either of them. Why should my holiday in Tenerife be interrupted by a clown with a flute and a bunch of ****** in Orange sashs?  Or some other dicks wearing balaclavas, with replica guns, threatening tourists just because the pair of wankers are playing each other at football. In Scotland. That afternoon?

What you seem to struggle with is the notion it is not always good versus evil. Sometimes it might be evil versus more evil. And that people have different definitions of evil. On a glib football level you will never understand why I hate Gloucester City more than Blues. And I detest both of them.

You say you did lots as a neutral at the old firm games and picked a side based on that. Well it seems you were radicalised. From the position of "take 'em as a find 'em" you once posted here your greatest hero in life is Bobby Sands.

Now I am actually with you on the self determination point for the Irish. I am not ever going to agree that blowing up innocent people is the way to resolve it and Sands was a murderous twat. Just like fuckers like Adair on the other side. Or ****** like Paisley, who might have played nice with McGuinness at the end, but has plenty of blood on his hands for the positions he took over donkeys years.

You say you want a debate but you don't.  You just want to play at that, whilst ignoring the experiences of anyone else even though yours are always used as justification for your view and then persistently try to bend parts of the argument to try to prove yourself right.

Someone gets pissed off with Dianne Abbott and it's because they are racist or a misogynst. Even if all of their posting history says otherwise. Even if what she might have said would have you out on the barricades with me if a white politician had said it.   But it doesn't fit your point so let's change the argument.  Rather like your utterly fucking ridiculous post comparing (Spanish) Hitler and MLK that followed this.

Don't worry. I don't expect you to answer anything about your being intolerant and refusing to see that anyone else might have a different view but founded in their own experience. It isn't how you roll is it.

I look forward to a response that ignores most of this post. Rather like the glib way you brush off bemoaning foreigners until the great switch.

Someone calls you out on slagging foreigners pre Brexit because it is hitting your pocket? People who give you a pass based on your previous posting history (and this is important to me and this particular row), that you might want to rethink that? They were pricks at the time but now you have done a 180 degree turn and anyone that agreed with you then is now an idiot, a racist, ad nauseum.

Offline rogfromb6

« Reply #607 on: August 24, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »
That was some goal by Gulfi Sigurdsson.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #608 on: August 24, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »
Hibs are my team, in the days before readily available replica kits, if I wanted to play as a Scottish team I donned my white school shirt and a green wooly tanktop.
And that Sunshine on Leith rendition in 16  is about as good a football song as you'll ever hear.

Our junior school team kit in the 70s was the Hibs kit - old school green and white with white round collar. I loved it.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #609 on: August 24, 2017, 09:21:41 PM »
Hearts because they're sort of Villa colours, and they aren't Rangers or Celtic.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #610 on: August 24, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »
Alloa are my Scottish team by the way.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #611 on: August 24, 2017, 10:05:43 PM »
The Ibrox Hotel was the worst digs I've ever stopped in. And I've slept in a tent for work.

In Dundee years back, pub after work, football on, double header. England v Netherlands, 2-2 I think. Dutch scored, pub's gone fucking mental. They then get dismantled by Carew for about 4, they might as well have been showing some show jumping, such was the level of engagement.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #612 on: August 24, 2017, 10:29:54 PM »
Well done Celtic, through 8-4 on aggregate! Let's hope they can can get a decent draw (esp. if in pot 3) and make it though the group stages.

Fuck the bigoted wankers.

Donald Trump posts on H&V?!

They are just as bad as the other lot in Glasgow but I really can't be arsed with going round Celtic and Rangers, nor Northern Ireland politics/religion for the 10000th time, so will leave that debate there.

I've been to about twenty Old Firm games, the first few as a neutral. After a fair few experiences as an English Protestant up there, staying all weekend every time, I went with the team whose fans showed absolutely no bigotry at all, rather than those whose every fibre is infected with it.

As I say, it's the Donald Trump position to think the anti-bigots are as bad as the bigots. Leave it if you want, rather than expose further ignorance.

Ignorance? Piss off. What if I also have experience up there of games? Or happen to have a staunch Celtic supporting Chap in my family who is a top bloke but his family are horrific? Or maybe gotten the shit kicked out of me for being English on a night out in Glasgow by Celtic fans? Not all of those are true, but it might mean my experience is different to yours, no? Why do you have to take a position on absolutely everything where there is black or white with no shades of grey inbetween? 

You are expecting mean to change my view because you have decided which side are the right ones and I am a shit because it isn't who you have decided the good guys are.

You have been around here a long time so will know perfectly well that I can't stand either old firm team. Why? Because I don't like how they have happily allowed The Troubles in Northern Ireland to be a huge catalyst in lining their pockets. For allowing sectarian singing to go on unabated for decades, regardless of the trouble it causes, because it isn't good for business to say anything about it.

Essentially, you are asking me to pick the least worst. Like picking between Blues and Olbiyun. Or Hitler v Stalin. Or Jozef Fritzl and David O' Leary. I don't want to pick a least worst when I can't stand either of them. Why should my holiday in Tenerife be interrupted by a clown with a flute and a bunch of c***s in Orange sashs?  Or some other dicks wearing balaclavas, with replica guns, threatening tourists just because the pair of wankers are playing each other at football. In Scotland. That afternoon?

What you seem to struggle with is the notion it is not always good versus evil. Sometimes it might be evil versus more evil. And that people have different definitions of evil. On a glib football level you will never understand why I hate Gloucester City more than Blues. And I detest both of them.

You say you did lots as a neutral at the old firm games and picked a side based on that. Well it seems you were radicalised. From the position of "take 'em as a find 'em" you once posted here your greatest hero in life is Bobby Sands.

Now I am actually with you on the self determination point for the Irish. I am not ever going to agree that blowing up innocent people is the way to resolve it and Sands was a murderous twat. Just like fuckers like Adair on the other side. Or c***s like Paisley, who might have played nice with McGuinness at the end, but has plenty of blood on his hands for the positions he took over donkeys years.

You say you want a debate but you don't.  You just want to play at that, whilst ignoring the experiences of anyone else even though yours are always used as justification for your view and then persistently try to bend parts of the argument to try to prove yourself right.

Someone gets pissed off with Dianne Abbott and it's because they are racist or a misogynst. Even if all of their posting history says otherwise. Even if what she might have said would have you out on the barricades with me if a white politician had said it.   But it doesn't fit your point so let's change the argument.  Rather like your utterly fucking ridiculous post comparing (Spanish) Hitler and MLK that followed this.

Don't worry. I don't expect you to answer anything about your being intolerant and refusing to see that anyone else might have a different view but founded in their own experience. It isn't how you roll is it.

I look forward to a response that ignores most of this post. Rather like the glib way you brush off bemoaning foreigners until the great switch.

Someone calls you out on slagging foreigners pre Brexit because it is hitting your pocket? People who give you a pass based on your previous posting history (and this is important to me and this particular row), that you might want to rethink that? They were pricks at the time but now you have done a 180 degree turn and anyone that agreed with you then is now an idiot, a racist, ad nauseum.

Do you still want that woman from the Canary burned alive or something?

You really post some hateful shit.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #613 on: August 24, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
Nice 'leaving it there' BTW.

Are you sure it was only because you were English? Might have been because you droned on a bit.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:35:54 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #614 on: August 24, 2017, 10:35:13 PM »
And that wraps it up for the night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal