collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Advice for Duisburg  (Read 3697 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Advice for Duisburg
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »
Is anyone actually stopping in Duisburg apart from me

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
Is anyone actually stopping in Duisburg apart from me
A couple of guys from the North-East Lions are staying in the Mercure Duisburg, I believe

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 12:18:32 PM »
Excellent advice from Frank above re travel. But if you fancy a beer before or after the game you'll need to go into town, i.e. to the main station (Hauptbahnhof). From there it's a 10 minute walk to the boozer that serves the best König Pilsener (the local beer) in the centre of the city. Plenty of MSV fans drink there and it's a good place.

City-Köpi is just to the left of the big fountain. On Düsseldorferstrasse at the corner of Königstrasse. From there you can get the underground straight outside the boozer. Take the U79 to Grünewald (direction of Düsseldorf). From there it's a 10-15 minute walk to the ground, but you should be able to follow the crowds (!!) at that point. If you wish, the U79 (tram/underground) will take you all the way to or from Düsseldorf, though it does take considerably longer than the train.

For those of you spending longer in the city, the Innenhafen (inner harbour) area is worth a look and has plenty of (chain type) bars and restaurants. Bit further away from the very centre of town but a nice walk. Aim for Philosophenweg and you'll be there. Bolero a good option for a drink but the food can be a bit hit and miss.

PM me if you have any other questions. I won't be there, I'm waiting for when we play MSV in the Champions League.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:20:36 PM by lordmcgrath5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal