collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Author Topic: International Football Association Board - Proposed Law changes.  (Read 607 times)

Offline VillaSpen

• reserve
Just read about the essential topics that are up for debate by IFAB. Some of the pressing issues include:

Passing to yourself at a free-kick, corner and goal-kick
  A stadium clock which stops and starts along with the referee's watch
  allowing the goal-kick to be taken even if the ball is moving
  A goal-kick being taken on the same side that the ball went out on
  A "clearer and more consistent definition" of handball
  A player who scores a goal or stops a goal with his hands gets a red card
  A keeper who handles a backpass or throw-in from a team-mate concedes a penalty
  The referee can award a goal if a player stops a goal being scored by handling on or close to the goal-line
  Referees can only blow for half-time or full-time when the ball goes out of play
  A penalty kick is either scored or missed/saved and players cannot follow up to score to stop encroachment into the penalty area

More serious ones like doing away with 45 minutes halves and replacing them with 30 minute halves with the clock being stopped when the ball goes out of play, only allowing the captains to speak to the referee and the new system of taking penalties in a shootout are ready to go and the latter two are being trialled at the Confederations Cup.

Offline wittonwarrior

• first team
Re: International Football Association Board - Proposed Law changes.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:24:28 AM »
this is all leading to the Americanism of the game.  Sooner rather than later draws in league games will be a thing  of the past .  Not good.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• first team
  • counts bacon as a vegetable
  • GM : 25.12.2016
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 12:38:12 AM »
It does leave me fondly remembering a time when the only people that gave a toss about what happened at a match were those souls that were there.

It's football. It's a made up game. It doesn't really matter. Stop dicking about with it.

Offline Flamingo Lane

• first team
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
A rule change I would like to see introduced, to stop blatant time wasting and blatant disruption of the flow of a game, is a ban on substitutions from say the 85th minute onwards (except perhaps in the case of an obviously serious injury caused as the result of a collision/tackle).

Offline junxs

• international
    • http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
A rule change I would like to see introduced, to stop blatant time wasting and blatant disruption of the flow of a game, is a ban on substitutions from say the 85th minute onwards (except perhaps in the case of an obviously serious injury caused as the result of a collision/tackle).

I like this idea, and to stop fake injury - the subs after the 85th minute can only come on 60 seconds after the injured player has been withdrawn

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:26:27 AM »
Just read about the essential topics that are up for debate by IFAB. Some of the pressing issues include:

Passing to yourself at a free-kick, corner and goal-kick
  A stadium clock which stops and starts along with the referee's watch
  allowing the goal-kick to be taken even if the ball is moving
  A goal-kick being taken on the same side that the ball went out on
  A "clearer and more consistent definition" of handball
  A player who scores a goal or stops a goal with his hands gets a red card
  A keeper who handles a backpass or throw-in from a team-mate concedes a penalty
  The referee can award a goal if a player stops a goal being scored by handling on or close to the goal-line
  Referees can only blow for half-time or full-time when the ball goes out of play
  A penalty kick is either scored or missed/saved and players cannot follow up to score to stop encroachment into the penalty area

More serious ones like doing away with 45 minutes halves and replacing them with 30 minute halves with the clock being stopped when the ball goes out of play, only allowing the captains to speak to the referee and the new system of taking penalties in a shootout are ready to go and the latter two are being trialled at the Confederations Cup.

I like the stadium clock idea but aren't particularly keen on any of the other 'brilliant ideas'.

Offline manic-road

• international
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »
I would like to see the clock stopped every time a Pulis team kicks the ball out of play to time waste.

Online Chinchilla Bathhouse

• reserve
  • GM : 20.10.2016
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
They couldn't possibly do that, the match would go on for days.

Offline dave shelley

• coach
  • GM : 06.02.2017
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 12:21:02 PM »
I've said it before and apologise for repeating myself but, these 'decision makers' are just trying to justify their unnecessary, overpaid jobs.  The fundamentals of football are, in the main as they were when the game was invented.  There have been changes for the better but in recent years I'm struggling to think of any where I can honestly say that, that has improved the game no end.  If they actually sat and discussed taking the ambiguity out of the existing laws then we might get somewhere.