collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: You are the owner  (Read 5345 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: You are the owner
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »
Last home game of the season give free beer away.
Anyone who complains, just tell 'em bollocks

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 08:51:20 AM »
I'd try and ease the travel chaos around the ground on match days by investing in Park and ride facilities for fans. Now the cross city line serves fans well from the north and south of the city. Clearly we need to help people from the west and east of the city.

There's a couple of places which are prime for redevelopment and the creation of park and ride Villa transport hubs. One is in Small Heath by McDonalds, the other is along the Soho Road just outside Handsworth. I'm pretty sure whichever party is in power after 8th June will be right behind my idea as it deals with the chronic problems of jealousy, knuckle dragging and bitterness that blight those areas. They can then form part of Greater Aston (Villa).

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 10:34:56 AM »
Hire the best in the business for the management and scouting roles. Then back them by giving them everything they need to do their job.

Enter into partnerships with schools across the area to provide equipment and facilities for P.E.  and school teams.  (Not just football teams, all sports) this can eventually be rolled out nationwide.

Reasonable ticket prices, free tickets for kids.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 10:47:35 AM »
and set up something like Ajax/Barcelona production line for our youth team ;)

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »
Reintroduce the villa times

Bebuild the ads

Commission a kit that has some likeness to our traditions

Hand out song sheets so the under 50's can learn some proper villa songs.

Re open the chippy on witton lane.

Rename the north stand the witton end (officially)

Sack the idiot who sold our merchandising rights

Build a statute of Ron Saunders by the gas lamp

Get rid of that baffoon who would have you believe that the holte suite was full ( the steward) who annoys everyone in the queue.

Oh the round badge don't get me started on that one

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »
Get into them

Fuck them off

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »
Expenses portal on the OS for anyone with a match ticket to claim their travel costs back!

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 01:42:42 PM »
Mila kunis and Emma Willis to frisk me at the bottom of the Holte steps before I am allowed up
Salma hayek and Monica belluci to frisk me again at the top of the Holte steps

Mount gay extra old sold behind the counter

Floodlights that read Aston villa along the top of the trinity road stand so as you drive past on the m6 it can be seen for miles

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »
Bring back the end of season pitch invasion

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »
Set up the best youth development system going by benchmarking with clubs like Ajax/Barcelona/Southampton.

Accompany this with the best and most widespread scouting system covering areas where loads of technically gifted players can be found, like South American and Africa.  Set up youth clubs/training academies in those regions.

Hire top notch coaches to work with kids form early ages right through to the first team.  There has to be untapped talent in the greater Birmingham area and we should exploit that more with better coaching and scouting.

Decide on and establish a way of playing that is both entertaining and effective (pass and move with tempo would be a good start) - apply this house style at all level throughout the club so youngsters can easily transition through the levels.

Target the best chief exec/manager/head coach we can and pay him what is necessary to oversee the above.

Ship out deadwood/deadbeat players like Agbonlahor, Richards etc. whatever it costs.

Get the proper colours back, preferably the 1970s stripey collar version

Redevelop the Witton End with a three tier stand that allows us to retain the proper football ground character of VP but increase capacity and reduce entry prices.   

Redevelop the Witton Lane stand and call it the Ron Saunders or 1982 stand and remove all traces of the Herbert from it.   Light up the stand and the names Villa Park Aston Villa F.C. so you can't miss it from the M6 or space.

Let under 16s in free if accompanied by a paying adult.

Street food served in the concourses

Multiple pint pourers to reduce queuing and sell more beer.

Ban the "shit support my lord" song cos it's annoying and stupid.

There simples innit.

Edit: Almost forget, the Mila Kunis thing could work well as well.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
Taylor Swift head of security wearing the kind of peaked cap uniform Diana Dors sported in The Worm that Turned.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 09:26:04 PM »
Everyone will have their own waiter/waitress who will bring a fine selection of cheeses to their seat.

I fucking hate cheese! Can I have twiglets?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2017, 11:56:53 PM »
Buy MLS team (Chicago Fire), call them Aston Villa USA and watch the USA fan base grow expedentially.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 12:37:28 AM »
- Redevelop the North Stand so it is enclosed with the stands either side.  Also include hotel and corporate facilities in the upgrade.  Was at Villa Park the other day and i the North Stand really does look dated now. 

- Rename the Doug Ellis Stand back to Witton Lane. 

- Take down the banners on the Holte End and North Stand.  All that is wrong with modern football. 

- Bring back the circle badge and more traditional claret and blue colours. 

- Totally revisit the youth structure at the club and ensure the development pathway of young players is a key issue at the club

- Try to do more to make the club visible in the city centre and local area. 

- Address the issue of unfavourable reporting by local media, WM and Birmingham Mail in particular.   

Offline Rico

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 09:38:23 AM »
Some good points made, particularly regarding the youth team. Over the years there appears to have been no shortage of players who have appeared on the fringes of the first team, but who have not then gone on to make a name for themselves with us, for example: Luke and Stefan Moore, Barry Bannon, Marc Albrighton, Steven Davis and Jack Grealish looks like he might go the same way. So it appears to me that the problem with development of home grown players is the coaching set up at first team level. So I guess that if you are the owner then looking to bridge the gap from development squad to first team should be a priority. As another poster pointed out go see how Southampton or Ajax do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal