collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Kit/Sponsor  (Read 63783 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: New Kit/Sponsor
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2017, 08:20:26 PM »
Shame to see Baggies have launched new kit and training wear ...... end of May !!

Why are we always so far behind on this one ....... I think like us they have a new shirt sponsor but same kit provider

Lets get our act together on this one in future years !!!

Let's see what it looks like first, I know we are a tortoise in getting our kits out.... who's to say theirs won't be a shocker ? 🙏

|Your right - the few baggies fans in the world are already up in arms about the positioning  of  that bird depending on size of shirt bought.

I just want a traditional claret  and  blue shirt - is that too much to ask for? Obviously it is.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2017, 09:09:49 PM »
More than happy to remove the "allegedly" after visiting that link. I've previously signed the petition against UA but even still didn't realise their support for such hunting was so blatant. There was a post on here by someone stating that UA had distanced themselves from such conduct, but it appears that was inaccurate. I wont be buying any UA Villa merchandise.

edit:
I asked about this at The Trust AGM and The club did query it and got back to me.

They said that Under Armour make sports equipment for a range of sports including hunting, but only support ethical hunting.

I honestly don't know how much credence to give this, but I am pleased that the club took it seriously and contacted Under Armour to voice their concerns, and got back to me.

I got an email from the petition the other day with a picture of Under Armour's Vice President, Brian Offcut, posing with a dead deer. Whatever they told Villa, they condone trophy killing alright.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2017, 09:36:15 PM »
Next season's away kit will be red, for 2 reasons:
1,red is a lucky colour in China.
2, to make all these Barnsley players the Birmingham Mail keep linking us with feel at home.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2017, 11:23:01 PM »
Under Armour have a hunt page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/UAHunt

And do their own hunt programme, featuring VP Bryan Offut.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »
In relation to FFP, if we are going to be sponsored by Recon, given that they own the club, is this likely to be refused as income towards bringing in revenue to satisfy the rules? Is that how it works? Would we need to locate a completely different sponsor, and DOES it help with FFP?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »
In relation to FFP, if we are going to be sponsored by Recon, given that they own the club, is this likely to be refused as income towards bringing in revenue to satisfy the rules? Is that how it works? Would we need to locate a completely different sponsor, and DOES it help with FFP?

As far as I understand it won't be refused unless we try to take the piss.  If the sponsorship is reasonable for a club of our size and stature (i.e. not massively dissimilar to previous deals) then it shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »

As far as I understand it won't be refused unless we try to take the piss.  If the sponsorship is reasonable for a club of our size and stature (i.e. not massively dissimilar to previous deals) then it shouldn't be an issue.

This is what really makes me incredibly concerned about the integrity of football and the future of Villa. A club of our size and stature should be getting deals as big as (or - if I'm being fair - bigger) deals than a Man City or Spurs yet, for some reason, we are not allowed?  This kind of dubious rule change is killing us and ossifying the top six.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2017, 01:24:42 PM »
There's a competition called champions league which these sponsors seem to quite like being seen on sadly we are not involved at the moment.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »

This is what really makes me incredibly concerned about the integrity of football and the future of Villa. A club of our size and stature should be getting deals as big as (or - if I'm being fair - bigger) deals than a Man City or Spurs yet, for some reason, we are not allowed?  This kind of dubious rule change is killing us and ossifying the top six.

That's not really the case, if we could convince a company with no connections to Xia or the club to give £200m a year there'd be nothing anyone could do about (but you can guarantee there'd be lots of investigations into it) the 'restrictions' are entirely around using one of your companies to sponsor the club for however much cash you want to inject.  You can thank Man City for it being a problem.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2017, 07:52:22 PM »

Nurse ive found him, in the tardis thinking it was 2009

Offline paul_e

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
Spotted this on facebook, no idea if it's real or not but worth sharing - http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/06/aston-villa-17-18-home-kit.html

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »
If its the real deal, there are just too many lions on the shirt  - One is enough .
Without the embossed lions that's not too bad a design
It wont please those wishing for a return to a round badge

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2017, 01:22:57 PM »
Presume it was gonna be one of Dr Tony's companies as sponsor but surely they'd have announced that by now? Chinese betting company?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
You won't really see the lions as much I imagine straight on. Looks very simple. I like it.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2017, 01:40:24 PM »
Looks nice. In 12 months time it'd be nice if we'd mark our promotion to the PL with a return to the old round badge. That awful Lerner crest has never looked right.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal