collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Post season thread  (Read 26759 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Post season thread
« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
Worryingly the Telegraph has an article suggesting we have allready blown our best chance of returning to the PL based on recent statistics.

In those statistics, how many clubs were of similar size or stature or conversely how many were the absolute shambles we'd become?

We defy statistics. Statistics can fuck off.
Our stature is of a lower half 2nd Division club that is still making huge mistakes with player acquisitions, only 1 of the last 18 that failed to bounce back the first season have been subsequently promoted.
Confirms my worries. What the fuck is Wyness doing here?

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »
Worryingly the Telegraph has an article suggesting we have allready blown our best chance of returning to the PL based on recent statistics.

In those statistics, how many clubs were of similar size or stature or conversely how many were the absolute shambles we'd become?

Our stature is of a lower half 2nd Division club that is still making huge mistakes with player acquisitions, only 1 of the last 18 that failed to bounce back the first season have been subsequently promoted.

Quite frankly what other clubs did in other seasons has the square root of fuck all to do with us next season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2017, 06:57:20 PM »
I went back to 2010 and by my reckoning the clubs that haven't been promoted back to the top flight are Portsmouth, sha, Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan, Reading, QPR, Fulham, Cardiff, Norwich and Villa.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2017, 02:41:07 AM »
Pretty grim list that.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2017, 05:03:32 AM »

Quite frankly what other clubs did in other seasons has the square root of fuck all to do with us next season.
You are right it is not a square rooot it is 18 to 1.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2017, 07:42:08 AM »
When Saturday Comes magazine has a very good article covering our season. some nice pics too including the Holte during the tribute to Ugo.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2017, 01:27:56 PM »
I went back to 2010 and by my reckoning the clubs that haven't been promoted back to the top flight are Portsmouth, sha, Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan, Reading, QPR, Fulham, Cardiff, Norwich and Villa.

But without sounding arrogant - are any of them the same size and stature of AVFC? Most of them are either financially skint or not an attractive option to move to

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:33 PM »

But without sounding arrogant - are any of them the same size and stature of AVFC? Most of them are either financially skint or not an attractive option to move to
Because the gate money is now insignificant our size and stature means fuck all except for the weight of expectation.
What is becoming abundantly clear is that unless you are in the elite group of clubs which we are not, then sound management and structure is imperative.
I am not convinced that we have that in place or that we have the right people to achieve it.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2017, 11:03:16 AM »
When Saturday Comes magazine has a very good article covering our season. some nice pics too including the Holte during the tribute to Ugo.

Was it written by our Mr Woodhall?

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »

Pass

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2017, 07:28:12 PM »

Pass

No it bloody wasn't.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »
Simon Inglis.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »

Because the gate money is now insignificant our size and stature means fuck all except for the weight of expectation.
What is becoming abundantly clear is that unless you are in the elite group of clubs which we are not, then sound management and structure is imperative.
I am not convinced that we have that in place or that we have the right people to achieve it.
Agree totally

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »

Pass

No it bloody wasn't.

A pity. Your Dalian piece was great.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal