collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Taking the Press  (Read 2056 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline The_Rev1

Re: Taking the Press
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
You misspelled Orient.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »
The last line is frightening but if we have another two seasons of dross it will be a reality.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 12:14:04 AM »
An accurate summation of our current state. It seems peculiar that Bruce is getting pelted for losing a game that most weren't bothered if we did but, and I haven't seen any of the game, it appears this latest round of dross is the straw that's broken the camel's back for a lot of people. My own view is that I wouldn't be upset to see Bruce given his marching orders but broadly speaking he's earned a crack for next season. The concern and a very real one is that we're still so fucking terrible in November and we're back to square one. Right now promotion seems a long way off.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 07:10:57 AM »
I agree about directors not commenting on football matters but I suspect that Keith Wyness is getting pressure from the owner.  The owner who, along with the travelling fans, deserves a very great deal more for his unwavering support.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:42:36 PM »
An accurate summation of our current state. It seems peculiar that Bruce is getting pelted for losing a game that most weren't bothered if we did but, and I haven't seen any of the game, it appears this latest round of dross is the straw that's broken the camel's back for a lot of people. My own view is that I wouldn't be upset to see Bruce given his marching orders but broadly speaking he's earned a crack for next season. The concern and a very real one is that we're still so fucking terrible in November and we're back to square one. Right now promotion seems a long way off.

Earned a crack for next season?! He has earned nothing in my view

Offline Skerra

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 10:44:08 PM »
Rudy, I'm with you 100%...Sadly, SB is not the man for the Villa and, frankly we will not only not progress with him in charge but, at the same time have to put up with his very poor imitation as to how football should be played.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 01:34:12 PM »
I agree about directors not commenting on football matters but I suspect that Keith Wyness is getting pressure from the owner.  The owner who, along with the travelling fans, deserves a very great deal more for his unwavering support.

Time will tell what the owner deserves.

Offline TB

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »
Time will tell what the owner deserves.

Just wondering: which Villa owners have got what they deserved, and when?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal