collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The 'It's Been A Horrible One' Post Match Thread.  (Read 17955 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: The 'It's Been A Horrible One' Post Match Thread.
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »
So it's fair to say that Bruce isn't exactly an ambitious manager for us to have at the moment, either in style or in what we can achieve with him. Yes, under him we might bore our way into the Premier League, but I'm not sure I'm all that excited about becoming the new Hull - and, to be honest, I have exactly 0% confidence in Bruce's ability to lay the groundwork for some exciting or modern style which would make us relevant again.

Offline levico

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »
Very tempting to write this off as an end of the season 'beach' performance. If only it were that simple. A good manager would have got a good performance today. The summer clear out should include Bruce - but it won't and yet another season will be wasted.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »
According to our magical manager 'we are not good enough.'I wish I got paid as much as that to come up with ingenious stuff like that.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 05:30:04 PM »
Very tempting to write this off as an end of the season 'beach' performance. If only it were that simple. A good manager would have got a good performance today. The summer clear out should include Bruce - but it won't and yet another season will be wasted.

Indeed. Happy fecking days.  :o

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
According to our magical manager 'we are not good enough.'I wish I got paid as much as that to come up with ingenious stuff like that.
We are not good enough?
The fact is, with the financial backing he has been given, the support staff he has appointed and the time time he has had, we should be showing real signs of improvement and showing the rest of the division that we will be a force next season.
Not a fucking chance with this dinosaur in charge. Even with 2,3 or 4 additions we will be no where near the top 6 next season.
A change is needed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:37:11 PM by andyh »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2017, 05:45:21 PM »
Nothing today felt right.  The midfield was completely unbalanced.  Gardener is nowhere near good enough, nor is Bacuna, and Lansbury isn't a winger.  Hourihane was desperately poor, and so with no reliable outlets the defence kept hoofing it forward, mostly in the vague direction of the isolated Kodjia and the anonymous Hogan.

Absolute rubbish from start to finish.  I'm sure BRuce will be retained, but don't expect anything better in terms of football next season if he is.

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2017, 05:45:44 PM »
I'm so uninterested in this team and manager that's I couldn't even be bothered to drive up and watch the match.

I don't know how anybody can back Bruce, given the pathetic performances and way he doesn't even get them to pass the ball.

Despite Bruce's shortcomings, once they are over the line, players should be able to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and do something. The fact they can't and continually churn out the same old shite says an awful lot of their motivation and application.

Promotion next year, hahahahahah

<places head in hand>

Nick

Offline myf

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2017, 06:24:52 PM »
Well done losing lads. 20 points off the playoffs, Boo.

Absolutely shocking

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 06:28:33 PM »
How much exactly have we spent to finish mid table?

Wow about pissing money down the drain yet again

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 06:28:35 PM »
Bruce is shot at this level. He will end up like Dave Jones, Brian McDermott, Mark Robins, Tony Mobray and all those other fancied managers who reached their glass ceiling and will never touch it again. This squad looks like it cost about three quid to put together under his crappy tactics. I'm not looking forward to yet another rude awakening in August when we get slaughtered by Sheffield United. Or Bradford. Yeah, it'll be Bradford, won't it?

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
In my opinion the best January signing has been Bree and he never gets played. At the moment Bruce appears to have no idea how to use the players available to him.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2017, 06:40:05 PM »
Villa fans supporting the opposition is pretty small time as well.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »
I think today was far worse than anything under Lambert, Mcleish, Tim or Remi.   That's how bad.  Bye bye Bruce.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2017, 06:51:06 PM »
I hope Dr Tone is a ruthless ****** of a boss, it's what's needed now,  right now.

Offline supertom

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »
Wretched. I don't see Bruce taking us up. He's a dinosaur. I'm also pissed off with these players. I know we're not the only team who can't be fucked once their season ends early, but fuck me, given how woeful we've been for years, and how often we wholesale change our asshole squad around, you'd think that players would actually think about playing for a place next season. Yeah we're in mid-table nothingness, just waiting for the season to end, but bloody hell, a little bit of pride wouldn't go amiss. No one seems to give a toss whether they're here getting paid, or get shipped somewhere else. Bunch of twats.

Get rid of Bruce. Get rid of at least a dozen of those players. Get in a decent, passionate young manager with some kind of idea about building some kind of footballing identity.  Buy 4-5 solid players tops who all fit together.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal