collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Villa-Blose-Blackburn Quandary  (Read 14369 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: The Villa-Blose-Blackburn Quandary
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 10:29:37 PM »
I want us to win.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 10:42:44 PM »
For the first time in my Villa supporting life I want us to lose. I don't even hate Blues that much, I just think it would be the funniest thing since England losing to Iceland if they went down to the third tier, and I'd be happy to sacrifice a few positions in the Championship for that to occur.

Having said that, I'm not sure I can bring myself to want our players to play badly and make mistakes, so watching this in the away end is going to be odd. Obviously the best possible scenario would be us winning, Blackburn beating Brentford and Blues losing both games, but that's unlikely.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 10:43:09 PM »
Well over the past 6 years I've wanted us to win pretty much every game and it feels like we've won about 10 of them (o.k maybe 20).

The cup final I wanted us to win, the Bradford semi, anytine we've played Man. United, WBA, Spurs etc.

We've lost so many games in recent years I fail to see how losing a game when we're in mid table, can't really move up much with a win is going to hurt much.

I'd also question how much different it would make given we've won 9 of our last 12 and half this forum wants the manager sacked.

To cut it short it would be a shrug of the shoulders and then a chuckle at SHA sweating for another week.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 10:50:03 PM »
Win and win well preferably.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 12:08:37 AM »
I want us to stick 10 past them. I'll leave caring more about another club than I do my own to those tramps. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 12:10:53 AM »
Nothing would please me more than seeing Blues go down under Redknapp (well maybe if Paul Tait took them down as manager), but we are bigger and better than even talking about wanting to lose at Blackburn.  Leave that type of small time mentality to the likes of Blues, Albion and Coventry.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 12:18:34 AM »
I want us to stick 10 past them. I'll leave caring more about another club than I do my own to those tramps.

I still care more about my own club than any other, I just don't care about this match. Therefore, if we lose and it causes relegation for a bunch of ****** who hate us then I won't care.

Given that the season is over, you can make an argument that we should be trying one or two younger/fringe players, anyway. See if any look like they could make a useful impact for us next season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 12:25:16 AM »
I'd rather any kids that come in have a blinder and we score 10. If we win and they still go down we can take the piss. If they stay up because we beat Blackburn it will hurt them in a much longer lasting way. All summer it will be there, knowing the only reason they aren't in division 3 again is because of the club they obsess about and hate.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 12:25:21 AM »
Quandary? Villa to win is the only option I'd be interested in.

Small Heath's capitulation is a side show. Nothing more.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 12:28:17 AM »
I want us to beat blackburn, them to lose to Huddersfield then get a point away at Bristol only to witness blackburn score a last minute winner at Brentford meaning they go down on goal difference.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:39:43 AM by kippaxvilla2 »

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 12:39:06 AM »
I actually don't care about this game as any of the possible result has its merits.  I'll just let fate decide and be happy whatever the outcome.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 12:41:10 AM »
34-35-31...Tightest poll since Owls v Gibbons v Brexit.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 12:44:53 AM »
I'd rather any kids that come in have a blinder and we score 10. If we win and they still go down we can take the piss. If they stay up because we beat Blackburn it will hurt them in a much longer lasting way. All summer it will be there, knowing the only reason they aren't in division 3 again is because of the club they obsess about and hate.

Which will be of no consolation whatsoever if we are in the same division, possibly even losing to them, next season.

Obviously I want us to win and for them to go down. I don't see it as too likely though given that would leave Blackburn needing to win their final game, away against a decent Brentford side.

If we lose and Small Heath go down by fewer than three points, I'll certainly see an hilarious upside to our defeat.

Hate playing them, and feel that our prestige suffers more from not being at least one division higher than them at any stage than it would from losing an end-of-season, meaningless kickabout in an already mediocre season.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2017, 02:08:49 AM »
Our away record is so piss poor  that i don't think we will have to  hope we play poor and lose ,we will scrape a draw like at Burton or lose

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 04:06:45 AM »
I always want us to win. This is one instance where losing would suck less, funny even, but I still like to see us win. I think we will as well. Its Blackburn, we beat Blackburn, its like the 5th law of thermodynamics or something. It just happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal