collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Drummond
[Today at 11:03:39 AM]

Kits 23/24 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:45:38 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 11:03:39 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:45:38 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 10:42:46 AM]

Re: FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:27:04 AM]

Re: FFP by Simon Page
[Today at 10:26:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:26:05 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Simon Page
[Today at 10:20:43 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 10:19:14 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blackburn Rovers v Aston Villa first 11 fans into the ground Pre-Match Thread  (Read 27557 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
I've toiled with this - my initial and lasting reaction would be 1 game in our history to lose - not a great deal - 1 game to send the unwashed into permanent misery and grow the chip forever - priceless. However, what price the saving of the unwashed by beating Blackburn and being able to be their saviours? I think that has even more turmoil in their little heads. the Vile saved us.

The though of answering every anti Villa comment and song from them next season by saying "well that is gratitude for you!" does seem quite funny.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Fantastic scenario, I like it. Our creative songwriters would have a field day.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Whenever I real the word 'turmoil' I'm taken back to the classic era of Baker & Kelly on the radio

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Rags game aside, we still have a manager playing for his future unless beating the Unflushables is the height of our ambition?

Let's finish the season, as ugly as it's been, in some style.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
I fear that if the last two games produce a bit of pig lipstick for a truly horrible season, it would make the forensic rigour we need to apply to the matter of sorting out long standing, deep rooted problems a bit harder.  Suppose Gabby got a couple goals in the last two games.  He would get a further contract extension.  I don't want us to play badly, I want those in charge to see the team for what they are, a mid table Championship side in need of massive, sustained improvement.  I have seen nothing in the last four games including last Sunday's hugely enjoyable panto, to suggest that improvement is at hand.

Offline robbo1874

Saturday might involve the most passionate support a Blackburn side has ever witnessed with 7000 away fans cheering them on..
it would be quite funny to watch the away fans cheering on the home team, but I hope we don't. All the shit we sling at Blues for being small time and obsessed with Villa wouldn't wash anymore. Fans and players need to at least go through the motions and not give them any ammo to take the high ground. If we lose and they go down great, but at least if we win and that result becomes necessary for them to survive, we can lord it that they depended on our charity to stay up. I'd be gutted if we looked like we wanted to lose, lost and then they stayed up regardless.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Rags game aside, we still have a manager playing for his future unless beating the Unflushables is the height of our ambition?

Agree Mark. I just want a Villa win, for Kodjia to score his 20th goal and if Blues go down it will be because of their own incompetence. 

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
Will be keeping an eye on Wigan results as well - theoretically they can still go above Bloose on goal difference

Offline peter w

Agree Mark. I just want a Villa win, for Kodjia to score his 20th goal and if Blues go down it will be because of their own incompetence. 

Of course that is the ideal scenario and if we were given the benefit of hindsight then it's what we'd all prefer. But, as we do not, just to make us more comfortable a 3-2 defeat with an outrageous penalty decision going Blackburn's way with the last kick of the ball isn't the worst way to lose.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
I fear that if the last two games produce a bit of pig lipstick for a truly horrible season, it would make the forensic rigour we need to apply to the matter of sorting out long standing, deep rooted problems a bit harder.  Suppose Gabby got a couple goals in the last two games.  He would get a further contract extension.  I don't want us to play badly, I want those in charge to see the team for what they are, a mid table Championship side in need of massive, sustained improvement.  I have seen nothing in the last four games including last Sunday's hugely enjoyable panto, to suggest that improvement is at hand.
Couldn't agree more Brian.
We undoubtedly have a better squad of players than we did in December but I see very little in the way of improvement as a team and cause for optimism regarding automatic promotion.
There is much work to be done between now and August. 

Offline Deano's Mullet

this all day

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
Ten of us from the Bournemouth Lions Club travelling up by mini bus. A 7.15 start from Bournemouth! A big thank you to Ian who organises the tickets for each game.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024

I don't really care if Blues go down and frankly why would we want that? we regularly beat them.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
I reckon we will win 2-1.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Will be keeping an eye on Wigan results as well - theoretically they can still go above Bloose on goal difference

Now that would be really funny

Everyone watching our games and Wigan getting all 6 remaining points and them missing out on GD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal