collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blackburn Rovers v Aston Villa first 11 fans into the ground Pre-Match Thread  (Read 27697 times)

Offline manic-road

Needs a bit of tweaking:

So the team so far

Bannan

The McGregor statue
Richards
Elphick
Legion

Topless Lad from yesterday
other lad from yesterday
Mad turnstile operator woman in the North Stand
My 7 year-old

Cam
Wolfie

Can we fill in the blanks to make sure we pick a team fit for the game and the occasion?

I like the look of that team apart from Richards and Elphick, they would be an embarrassment to the shirt.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Ashley Westwood's imaginary friend should get a game.  The one he always used to point at and pass to.  And I think some of our celeb fans could do a job.  David Cameron on the right wing,  Spizz and Nigel Kennedy left field, John Taylor on Bass, Tom Hanks can be the BIG man at the back,  Future King Billy as Andy Lochead and Mervyn King as the keeper of the goal.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:24:42 PM by ktvillan »

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
This is such an historic fixture, it would be lovely to remember the heroes of yesteryear.  How about we find the 11 oldest surviving former Aston Villa players, and play them. 

Do they have to have survived? There's enough discrimination in this world without starting on the dead.
Looking back through the records On 19 October 1889 we managed to lose 7-0. So I'd go with.......
James Warner
Jimmy Cowan
Albert Aldridge
Gershon Cox
Thomas Clarkson
Harry Devey
Albert Allen
Albert Brown
William Dickson
Archie Hunter
Dennis Hodgetts.
The manager must have been useless lose 7 nil and he never put a sub on!

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Can't play Cam. We'd win.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Dr Tony has a 'raffle' for fans to sit in the directors box with him when he is here.
Why not run a similar rafffle for a place in the starting line up on Saturday?

11 winning places, 50p a ticket.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
My Nan is 97 and never kicked a football in her life. The Villa team coach will have to pick her up from Kings Norton and the coach will need to have a stairlift installed but despite this she'd  be delighted to play centre half.

Offline TaxDodger

Saturday might involve the most passionate support a Blackburn side has ever witnessed with 7000 away fans cheering them on..

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
My Nan is 97 and never kicked a football in her life. The Villa team coach will have to pick her up from Kings Norton and the coach will need to have a stairlift installed but despite this she'd  be delighted to play centre half.

Or we could just pick Tommy Elphick!

Offline four fornicholl

saw Peter withe and Charlie Aitken at the game yesterday, should be good for a game.
So you want us to win then?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
I saw Lionel Blair on that Real Marigold Hotel program,(yes he has a bit of a belly on him now) but
This is the sort of no nonsense ball winning centre half we need for a game like this.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
I saw Lionel Blair on that Real Marigold Hotel program,(yes he has a bit of a belly on him now) but
This is the sort of no nonsense ball winning centre half we need for a game like this.

Fucking awesome, our Nan loved Give Us A Clue. A partnership made in heaven.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
Can we get Lescott back for these last two games and revive his central defensive partnership with Micah Richards? I think they both deserve another crack at it.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
saw Peter withe and Charlie Aitken at the game yesterday, should be good for a game.
So you want us to win then?

I love both of them, Charlie is pretty fit and im sure could do a job, but Peter With can hardle walk, oh yes I see what your saying, NO. maybe we could emergency loan that twat robinson from the noses.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Saturday might involve the most passionate support a Blackburn side has ever witnessed with 7000 away fans cheering them on..

This could be one of the funniest things ever

I remember Man city where we fucked about, conceded a goal and then Curle had to catch the thing to give us a pen

And the City fans cheered us on that day - brilliant

Offline QuintonVilla

Come on Blackburn, don't let us down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal