collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Author Topic: Other clubs amusing moments  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• international
  • Get well soon Stan
  • GM : Sep, 2012
Re: Other clubs amusing moments
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 09:35:36 PM »
Another Cheltenham one. It was a 3 way fight for promotion to the league between us, Yeovil and Rushden. You might remember that Rushden were throwing cash around like PSG back in the 90's.

Anyway, we had them away just before the end of the season. It started off farcically when they decided to not make the match all ticket and even started selling seats in the away end to home fans.

Clearly they hadn't bothered to look at the crowds we had been dragging round for a couple of seasons. Only one turnstile was open and by half one the queue for the away end stretched round the entire ground.

Well obviously people weren't going to wait for hours so they just started paying in to the home areas. By 2.10 the ground was full. We still had around a thousand fans stood in the car park and they were getting a whipping from their own fans who were having to be turned away despite turning up significantly early.

Inside the ground, their PA bloke is telling everyone of their open top bus plans on gaining promotion and there was a speech on the pitch by the owner about what he was going to spend to make them a force when they got into the league.

The game kicks off and was quite back and forth but they were the better team. 55 minutes in and we go behind. The dick head home fan who had purchased a ticket in our end and was sat across the aisle from me gets all manner of cock and continues to belittle us for the rest of the game.

90 minutes is up and we are still one down. The promotion party is in full swing and dick head is in his element singing at us.

But we go for broke and throw on every player of an attacking nature we can muster. We get a corner in front of the away end (although we must have filled half the ground). Big slow donkey Bluenose Mark Freeman leaps like a salmon and that is one each.

Pandemonium ensues and I get to fire a two finger salute at dick head whilst singing in his face. But it didn't end there.

They are clearly deflated at kick off and play a loose pass just wanting the game to end. We break on them and Neil Grayson immediately scores again. This time there is a pitch invasion whilst their players are collapsed on the floor like losing cup finalists.

I got back towards my seat just in time to meet dick head halfway down the stairs and beating a hasty retreat for his car. I may have gloat ed in his face a bit.

Game ends but we refuse to leave the ground and the PA bloke is still doing the open top bus announcements whilst being roundly savaged by our crowd.

And we had a lock in at the local when we got back. What a day!

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 11:35:02 PM »
What could be better than a crucial away win at Highbury to keep your title hopes alive on an Easter Monday?

Getting on the coach home to hear Small Heath had turned glory into gory once again.

'Swindon, Swindon, four one up and you lost six four'! 'Not one, not two, not three, not four. Four one up and you lost six four'!

Offline cheltenhamlion

• player manager
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 12:23:43 AM »
Lambert and Payne is officially my hero. THAT DAY is the one I was on about. Their goalscorer used to play for Blues I should note!

Online dave shelley

• coach
  • GM : 06.02.2017
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 10:38:48 AM »
I like Steve Cotterill.  There I've said it.

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
I like Steve Cotterill.  There I've said it.

I like his Worzel Gummidge accent. Cup of tea and a slice of cake Steve?

Offline PeterWithe

• first team
  • GM : 27.04.2016
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 10:55:30 AM »

Did Miguel de Souza play for SHA or one of the other local teams, I recall the name.

Offline cheltenhamlion

• player manager
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »

Did Miguel de Souza play for SHA or one of the other local teams, I recall the name.

He did. They did a hundred grand to acquire him.

Offline LeeB

• player manager
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 05:04:56 PM »

He did. They did a hundred grand to acquire him.

They were paying him 2k a week in the conference IIRC, which was bonkers at the time, and probably still is now.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• player manager
  • GM : 11.07.2017
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 03:11:33 AM »
"Premier League football star Isaac Success arrested after 'angrily demanding his money back from four hookers' in hotel romp"

He was too drunk to fuck - the fucking daft c***. The only scandal in this is that this fucking piece of a shit is being called a football star... get tae fuck yeh c***

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/premier-league-football-star-isaac-11307250

Offline taylorsworkrate

• international
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 03:47:07 AM »
"Premier League football star Isaac Success arrested after 'angrily demanding his money back from four hookers' in hotel romp"

He was too drunk to fuck - the fucking daft c***. The only scandal in this is that this fucking piece of a shit is being called a football star... get tae fuck yeh c***

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/premier-league-football-star-isaac-11307250

He'll learn a valuable life lesson from this.

Never pay up front  ;)

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »

They had a 'ninety minutes romp' but the hookers said they 'couldn't give him extra time'. Wonderfully worded, in a way you would expect from The Sun.

One of the girls said "We all got naked as soon as the money came through on our phone bank accounts"

That sounds very impersonal. When did all of the romance go out of prostitution?

Offline Hookeysmith

• coach
  • GM : 27.10.2016
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
You do not pay a prostitute for sex- you pay them to fuck off afterwards*

*Not that have ever or would condone those actions