collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ugo Ehiogu - RIP  (Read 34110 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Ugo Ehiogu - RIP
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2017, 10:11:30 AM »
Ugo-a Player, with Power, Purpose and Poise. You were honest and genuine and advertised the game of football in the right way. You were intelligent and innovative especially in your last role at spurs. You brought genuine joy to tens of thousands of people with your excellent talent, skill and leadership. These are all qualities which actually mean something when attributed to the right person. Thanks for the memories Ugo! RIP big man. UTV

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »
Working in the gambling industry, the two mantras I've heard most often are "do what bet365 do" and "do what Paddy Power do". For different reasons, those two are light years ahead of most of the competition.

Paddy power were one of the first companies to fully embrace social media and let it define them.  They have created a soccer am style company persona and it's proven to be very successful.

To add a bit of relevance back to Villa Unibet are another one that has done a great job with creating a personality for themselves, at least in the scandinavian market where they sell themselves as studious analysts of the game which is a very effective approach in Norway at least (and I suspect in Sweden and Denmark where the culture around football is fairly similar).  They're like the Klopp of betting companies.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »
I suppose one could force oneself to be outraged at such a tasteless publicity stunt regrettable error but I've rather hie me online to put £25 on Ozzie Osbourne for whom they are offering fair odds.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »
Working in the gambling industry, the two mantras I've heard most often are "do what bet365 do" and "do what Paddy Power do". For different reasons, those two are light years ahead of most of the competition.

Paddy power were one of the first companies to fully embrace social media and let it define them.  They have created a soccer am style company persona and it's proven to be very successful.

To add a bit of relevance back to Villa Unibet are another one that has done a great job with creating a personality for themselves, at least in the scandinavian market where they sell themselves as studious analysts of the game which is a very effective approach in Norway at least (and I suspect in Sweden Denmark where the culture around football is fairly similar).  They're like the Klopp of betting companies.

Correct for over here. They set out to market themselves as "by players, for players". As an added bonus there's a couple of Villa shirts knocking about in their current TV adds.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
I suppose one could force oneself to be outraged at such a tasteless publicity stunt regrettable error but I've rather hie me online to put £25 on Ozzie Osbourne for whom they are offering fair odds.

Did the odds shorten with Ugo now out of the PaddyPower running?

Offline dutchvilla

« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »
Nice piece by Gareth Southgate on Ugo here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/17/ugo-ehiogu-remembered-by-gareth-southgate

Thank you, I appreciated reading that. Good lesson to end on / learn from too.

It perhaps just lacked an image of the pair of them, shoulder to shoulder on duty in claret and blue. I'm sure someone here will oblige though.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2017, 10:21:41 PM »

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2017, 12:29:35 AM »
Thank you PWS. Finding myself with an urge to remember the sense of confidence of those two going into battle together...

I'm sure I recognise the kid they chose as mascot here:

And as a Chaplain I thought I should bring God into the thread *

*buddhisty one mind ;)

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2018, 01:38:34 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/17/ugo-ehiogu-remembered-by-gareth-southgate

It perhaps just lacked an image of the pair of them, shoulder to shoulder on duty in claret and blue. I'm sure someone here will oblige though.

Ugo came to my mind today, and on Google I came across that article. A very nice tribute from Southgate.

I still can't believe Ugo passed away at such a young age. I loved him.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2018, 01:46:14 PM »

Ugo came to my mind today, and on Google I came across that article. A very nice tribute from Southgate.

I named my first car Ugo. Always will be one of my idols.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2018, 01:52:14 PM »

Good stuff, mate!  That's put a smile on my face this evening.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »

Was it a Yugo?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2018, 12:36:03 AM »

Was it a Yugo?

Remember years ago being on a first aid course with a chap called Hugo. He could talk and bore for England which usually meant we were late finishing. We used to say to him.....Hugo that way and we'll go this way.....he never got it.

Offline KKAVFC

« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2021, 09:19:37 PM »
Nice this from stand in Spurs boss Ryan Mason tonight after the win v Soton "It's been a busy day at the club, it's also four years to the day since Ugo Ehiogu passed so I want to dedicate that to him and his family - everyone at the club still remembers and thinks of him".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal