collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: They're going up/They're going down  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: They're going up/They're going down
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 01:05:10 PM »
I hope Millwall go up

(said no one ever).

Pleased Sheffield United are going up I'm happy for Bolton to go up too (as I've got a bit of a soft spot for Dean Holdsworth)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
Sunderland probably will have the same issues as we did this year in as much as will need to rid the squad of a lot of shite and they will lose old man Defoe - so that will have a negative impact to them (plus they have D.Moyes which is worse)

Boro and Hull or Swansea will regroup so I do not think next season for us is as nailed on as some think it is

Our main asset will be decent players and at least some experience now of this shite league

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 01:20:56 PM »
I don't want sodding Millwall coming up. Thankfully Barnsley knocked them out in the playoffs last year. Southend coming up might be nice, a day at the seaside  :)

None of the teams struggling in the Prem are very exciting. Haven't been to Boro or West Ham's new ground, although it seems highly unlikely that Wham will go down now.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
I also think it will be Sunderland, Boro' and Hull coming down and as someone has said they're three long trips and not brilliant away days.

Brighton and Newcastle will obviously go up. I want Huddersfield to join them, it will be good to see someone new up there and I think they'd have a good go. Reading and Leeds to name two would get battered every week. Rotherham, Wigan and Blackburn going down which is a shame as they're three easy trips and the last two have big allocations.

Bolton will join Sheffield Utd in coming up, two big away allocations. I want Millwall to come up through the play offs but I think it will be our old nemesis Bradford.
Why would you want Millwall to come up?

They are the most horrible football club in the country, a bunch of violent racists who when I was a kid caused havoc at Aston Station beating up men, women and kids in the first game of 1988/89 season. Keep them down.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 01:41:17 PM »
Sunderland, Boro, Swansea.
Newcastle, Brighton, Leeds
Sheff U, Bolton, Fleetwood.

Meaning we have the slightly bizarre thing of playing Burton and Fleetwood in the league next season.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:49:36 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 01:45:51 PM »
It's a pain in the arse getting away tickets so I hope Blackburn and (somehow) Wigan stay up, Bolton come up and Preston, Reading and Barnsley stay down as they give us large allocations.

I'll probably go to Sunderland and Middlesbrough too, hopefully demand won't be so big as they're far away.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »
You just know our trips to Boro and Sunderland will be night games. Probably around Xmas/NY time as well.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »
Newcastle, Reading, Leeds

That'll need to be the mother of all bottle jobs from Brighton - 13 points clear of the other two with five matches left.

But then it is Brighton, so not impossible I guess.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »
That should of course be Brighton. Jeeze, i'm fecking up my posts left, right and centre!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
This is the best chance Leeds will ever have imo of a return to the PL - if they blow it, I don't expect them to be a real threat next season.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 02:11:52 PM »
I also think it will be Sunderland, Boro' and Hull coming down and as someone has said they're three long trips and not brilliant away days.

Brighton and Newcastle will obviously go up. I want Huddersfield to join them, it will be good to see someone new up there and I think they'd have a good go. Reading and Leeds to name two would get battered every week. Rotherham, Wigan and Blackburn going down which is a shame as they're three easy trips and the last two have big allocations.

Bolton will join Sheffield Utd in coming up, two big away allocations. I want Millwall to come up through the play offs but I think it will be our old nemesis Bradford.
Why would you want Millwall to come up?

They are the most horrible football club in the country, a bunch of violent racists who when I was a kid caused havoc at Aston Station beating up men, women and kids in the first game of 1988/89 season. Keep them down.
Millwall would be the most interesting fixture. People saying they want Fleetwood to come up but we'd get about 500 tickets.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 02:24:03 PM »
Fleetwood or Scunthorpe would be the most interesting.

Other than that, the new new teams that Villa will be playing are all a bit meh

Offline shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »
I think Swansea,Villaboro and Sunderland are joining us.Allied to Bolton,Scunthorpe and Sheff Utd.

I also think Wednesday will win the play offs.Which I'd be rather glad with.I think they'll be the toughest challenger next season.They've had a really terrible run of key injuries this year,plus they're backed better financially than any of the others in the top 6.Similar to Brighton last season.

I can see Huddersfield,Leeds and Fulham all losing key elements of their squads/Management team over the summer months.I also feel Boro will be the one's to match next year.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »
This is the best chance Leeds will ever have imo of a return to the PL - if they blow it, I don't expect them to be a real threat next season.
Not sure I can face Leeds being in the Prem, being surrounded by the feckers up here.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 05:45:45 PM »
Boro and Sunderland are fucked. Swansea will go as well, starting their Wigan like descent from whence they came. Leeds or Sheffield Wed will win the play offs. Sheffield Utd will be joined by Bolton and Millwall. Rotherham, Wigan and Blackburn will drop.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal