collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: They're going up/They're going down  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
They're going up/They're going down
« on: April 11, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »
We know we've got at least one trip to Sheffield next season with Sheffield United getting promoted, but where's your money on the others?

Who do you want to come up from the 3rd division and who do you think will come up?

Equally, Newcastle and Brighton seemed nailed on to go up automatically and none of the other top 4 remotely impressive it seems difficult to pick a Play Off winning candidate, but one of Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, or Fulham is going to be making a (brief) Premier League appearance, but which one?

Finally, Sunderland are doing their best Aston Villa 2015/16 impression and are finally getting flushed, but who else is in their way down?

Offline mr underhill

Re: They're going up/They're going down
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 07:21:44 AM »
Middlesboro and Hull to join Blunderland. Fulham to go up with Newcastle and Brighton. I don't have a clue about those joining the Chumps.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:29:56 AM »
Fuck our luck getting three of the worst road trips possible in Boro, Hull and Sunderland. No doubt at least two of them will be on a Tuesday night so we can enjoy more of those M1 night road closures.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »
Much as I dislike Palace & Fat Sam I'm glad we haven't got a trip to Croydon next season.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 08:09:40 AM »
I also think it will be Sunderland, Boro' and Hull coming down and as someone has said they're three long trips and not brilliant away days.

Brighton and Newcastle will obviously go up. I want Huddersfield to join them, it will be good to see someone new up there and I think they'd have a good go. Reading and Leeds to name two would get battered every week. Rotherham, Wigan and Blackburn going down which is a shame as they're three easy trips and the last two have big allocations.

Bolton will join Sheffield Utd in coming up, two big away allocations. I want Millwall to come up through the play offs but I think it will be our old nemesis Bradford.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:27:57 AM by QuintonVilla »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 08:30:16 AM »
I think Hull will save themselves with Swansea coming down instead (another shite away trip).

As for coming up, having thought Burton Albion's Pirelli would be the smallest ground we'd play in a league match for a long, long time we could have a trip to the mighty Fleetwood Town's Highbury Stadium next year, with a total capacity of just over 5,000 - ie less than some of the away allocations we've sold out this year!!!!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »
Of the current crop, I'd like to see Huddersfield go up with Brighton and Newcastle. Sunderland, Hull City and Middlesbrough to play us next season along with Sheffield United, Bolton Wanderers and Fleetwood Town. Goodbye to Rotherham United, Wigan Athletic and SHA.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:59:02 AM by Legion »

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 08:40:10 AM »
Fuck our luck getting three of the worst road trips possible in Boro, Hull and Sunderland. No doubt at least two of them will be on a Tuesday night so we can enjoy more of those M1 night road closures.
Des, these are three great away trips! ... if you live in N Yorks 😊

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »
I'm not sure why Hull seem to be the people's choice, given they're not in the bottom three, have the easiest run-in (five of their last six are Sunderland, Watford, Southampton, Stoke and Palace) and seem to be winning football matches a bit more than most of the other teams around them.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 09:03:19 AM »
I'm not sure why Hull seem to be the people's choice, given they're not in the bottom three, have the easiest run-in (five of their last six are Sunderland, Watford, Southampton, Stoke and Palace) and seem to be winning football matches a bit more than most of the other teams around them.
Mine is just based on a gut feeling that Swansea will get out of it.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 09:15:32 AM »
I hope it's Hull. Far easier for me to get to.

Barcodes and Brighton going up would suit too, for virtually everyone! As for the other, I think Reading as that's just an awkward place.

Sheffield United going up is great news, it's less than a mile from my house, with some good pubs en-route!

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 09:45:47 AM »
As we're losing the two best away days in Brighton & Newcastle then I hope we don't lose a third in either Leeds, Wednesday or Fulham. Hopefully Reading will go up, but I doubt it.
I think it it will be Swansea who come down with Sunderland & Boro and Bradford who come up with Sheffield Utd & Bolton... although I'd love to see West Ham drop and Scunny come up.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 09:49:03 AM »
I almost want Leeds to go up just so I don't have to listen to Gary Monks one eyed bitter, nasty post match interviews next year.  Fucking hell I really hate that ******.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »
I think Boro and Swansea will join Sunderland in getting relegated Newcastle, Brighton and Leeds to go up and I would like Fleetwood to join Bolton and
Sheff Utd in getting promoted.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 11:48:40 AM »
Hull? No chance, they have the best manager in the league.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal