collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: can xia splash the cash?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline trevor fisher

can xia splash the cash?
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:01:46 PM »
The disappointing season shows that cash does not buy success. Villa may have spent more than Real Madrid or whatever, but the spend on agents fees at over £5m was only topped by Newcastle at over £10m. Even if the figures are not accurate, the general principle is that buying success is not on the agenda. Xia may not have money to splash, but  would be wise to ask what happened to the money already spent even if he is loaded.

This is very true of the loan players. So many costing such big sums and how many do we want back? Some should return, they have potential, but not many. I would welcome Veretout back and Gollini - Sam Johnstone is not likely to be our player. But of the rest. I am  not interested in Gil or MacCormack or others who went through the dressing room with no effect. So who would other fans welcome back from loan? Because I doubt Xia is going to be as generous as he was last summer.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: can xia splash the cash?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
Ya what love?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:26:50 PM »
I doubt those loan players want to come back and none of them have pulled up any trees anyway. All bomb squad material.

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 09:31:23 PM »
Love this chant, do we sing it to "oops upside your head" ?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 11:59:30 PM »
Don't think there will need to be a massive spend in the summer.  What we need to spend will probably be covered by what we will recoup for players who are surplus to requirements.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:09 AM »
A totally unnecessary thread. Has a "me me" tone to it.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 12:19:38 AM »
for me the only spend necessary this summer will be another central striker given the fact that Kodja is our goal machine and if not there who will get our goals.  A lot will depend of course as to whether Hogan can step it up.

I am also convinced that Albert on the right is not the answer but he has had some good moments as well as poor ones this season. 

I think we will probably get Johnstone on another 12 months loans.  Gollini showed he was not good enough.  As for the players out on loan no thank you.

Money could be collected by way of sales.  A little bit from the likes of McCormack and Gardner and dare I say Bruce will look at the  impact  Grealish can or cannot make in his  view.

All in all including any teams that are relegated I don't see a team as strong as us in the division next season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 12:58:02 AM »

Has a Xia Tone as well.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 01:56:38 AM »

It can't do, there's no signature at the end.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 01:57:52 AM »
Ya what love?

I said that mine's half a pint of mild and an 'ot pot.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 05:46:27 AM »
I think we will spend 10 million plus sales recouped on unwanted players. We doesn't need to do many signings.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »
for me the only spend necessary this summer will be another central striker given the fact that Kodja is our goal machine and if not there who will get our goals.  A lot will depend of course as to whether Hogan can step it up.

I am also convinced that Albert on the right is not the answer but he has had some good moments as well as poor ones this season. 

I think we will probably get Johnstone on another 12 months loans.  Gollini showed he was not good enough.  As for the players out on loan no thank you.

Money could be collected by way of sales.  A little bit from the likes of McCormack and Gardner and dare I say Bruce will look at the  impact  Grealish can or cannot make in his  view.

All in all including any teams that are relegated I don't see a team as strong as us in the division next season.

Agree about the need for a different type of striker and another wide option who could rotate with Green and Adomah.  If Jedinak is going to move into the back four, then we will need a defensive midfielder, but that along with a goalkeeper will be about it. 

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
the accounts this year are going to give some pointers. With a massive loss last year and parachute payments less next year than this, Xia has little elbow room. If there are any accountants that can explain how the financial fair play rules affect villa that would be helpful. QPR are I think still in trouble over their finances from years back, and its no longer possible to spend large sums even if Tony Xia wanted to do so.

The accounts last year suggested that there is a big hole in Villa's finances, so I am still posing the question of how much the board can spend and whether the loan players can do a job. Veretout seemed to be a good player who lost his way, so why not bring him back?

I do back Xia as there are more positives than negatives so far. The last thing Villa need is another chair who loses interest. Look at Blackburn Rovers. Owners are as important as managers in making a difference, and he impresses me so far.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 11:08:51 PM »
Favourite Beautiful South Song....Carry On Regardless.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 06:39:30 AM »
Favourite Beautiful South Song....Carry On Regardless.

Please don't make The beautiful South enter my brain, the guy is almost as bad as Bono

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal