collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blues match police crowd management  (Read 33680 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Blues match police crowd management
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »
Ot was just being locked in the cesspit, being kept under that bridge for 20 to 30 minutes because there was a handful of Noses in an abandoned pub waiting to ambush 2000 people. Utter shite.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »
So Villa fans are inconvenienced at the expense of blues and their 18 coaches. Just like every time we play them, home and away. Locked into their shitpit for 45 minutes after the game at their place and now can't walk conveniently to our end of the ground from the social. Really pisses me off

So what do you suggest?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »
Head to London and see how how the Met manage to deal with Spurs and West Ham, with Millwall roaming about every other week. Head to Glasgow and watch how they manage the Old Firm. Head to Manchester or Merseyside for when Yanited play Citeh or the Dippers.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 08:59:49 PM »
So Villa fans are inconvenienced at the expense of blues and their 18 coaches. Just like every time we play them, home and away. Locked into their shitpit for 45 minutes after the game at their place and now can't walk conveniently to our end of the ground from the social. Really pisses me off

So what do you suggest?

Nothing? Maintain a police presence, stop the zooolooos from walking up the canal. Treat us as humans

And if they really, really cant do that, lock them in the stands at Villa Park and make them pay for any damages that occur.

Online Clampy

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »
So what's your point, let everyone mingle?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 09:00:11 PM »
Head to London and see how how the Met manage to deal with Spurs and West Ham, with Millwall roaming about every other week. Head to Glasgow and watch how they manage the Old Firm. Head to Manchester or Merseyside for when Yanited play Citeh or the Dippers.

And you've seen them all have you?

Online Clampy

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 09:01:14 PM »

So what do you suggest?

Nothing? Maintain a police presence, stop the zooolooos from walking up the canal. Treat us as humans

And if they really, really cant do that, lock them in the stands at Villa Park and make them pay for any damages that occur.

You make it sound so easy.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »
The alternative is allowing the idiot element of BOTH sets of fans to clash in Witton Lane, whilst ordinary fans on BOTH sides get caught up in the madness (and potentially hurt). Personally, I have previously run gauntlet of flying bottles at both grounds so I am happy for them to put measures in place to prevent this, as that kind of behaviour is indiscriminate and potentially children, elderly, and generally people who have no wish for trouble can get caught in the crossfire.

With regard to the potential for clashes away from the ground. They are monitoring current intelligence as well as making use of knowledge of previous 'kick off' points and will be using S37 dispersal orders to deal with anyone who is just loitering looking for trouble.

The 2k allocation - it could go up if more of the matches go off without incident. Apparently Villa fans on their travels have been fantastic this season. I don't know about Blues - I don't think there have been enough of them to tell!

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 09:09:03 PM »

So what do you suggest?

It is.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »

So what do you suggest?

It is.

It's a piece of piss if you look at everything from one narrow viewpoint without any knowledge of or relevance to anything else.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »

So what do you suggest?

When I went to Spain on holiday, my dad had a game - 'what stone am I thinking of?'

We never found that stone😥

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2017, 09:15:29 PM »
Bloody stoney beach

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »
They are expecting most of the local pubs to have temporary event licences to open at around 8am - The Social, The Tavern, Witton Arms etc - the police have no problem with this and these applications will be unopposed. However, anyone opening without the relevant licence will be closed down - so that is down to the pubs not the police.

Phew, thank goodness. Imagine not being able to have four hours of solid drinking time before a midday kick-off.

8am. Sausage, Bacon, Fried Eggs, Black Pudding, Baked Beans, Fried Tomato, Fried Bread. All washed down with Eight cans of Stella.

Ross, is that you?

Offline amfy

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2017, 09:18:07 PM »

So what do you suggest?

It is.

Well it isn't - they showed us a video of them attempting that kind of reactive policing at previous games and it isn't a pretty sight. They need to be pro-active for this fixture.

There is an element on both sides of this fixture that completely lose their minds for some reason and I don't mind the police thinking carefully about how to protect me from that.

In other parts of the country (which you seem to be an expert on) entire sets of supporters are required to travel by coach from their home ground in order to prevent trouble. You're being asked to walk a couple of hundred extra yards to work with the safety measures that have been put in place for you.

Offline amfy

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 09:21:33 PM »
Also - they will be paying for any damage that occurs - that has already been agreed by both clubs for both grounds. Villa had to meet the bill for any damage we caused there too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal