collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 18592 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
I've been through or past Lytham and Morecambe on the way to Fleetwood, does that count? Also I've been to York train station.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:13 PM »
There's been too many games this season where we have been far the better side and came out with only a point or nothing at all.

Other than Forest at home, I can't think of another example.
Brighton away 🤔

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »
If you're classing 15 minutes of pressure as being by far the better team then fair enough.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2017, 08:08:05 AM »
If you're classing 15 minutes of pressure as being by far the better team then fair enough.

We were the better team throughout that game, you undermine your stance by repeating such nonesense.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2017, 08:19:17 AM »
There's been too many games this season where we have been far the better side and came out with only a point or nothing at all.

Other than Forest at home, I can't think of another example.
Brighton away 🤔

Huddersfield, Preston at home.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2017, 09:15:58 AM »

We were the better team throughout that game, you undermine your stance by repeating such nonesense.

Take the goggles off, a draw was about right, we have been that poor for such a long time that that performance is now considered being better through out? Nonsense indeed.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2017, 09:38:19 AM »
I couldn't care who was the best team. We won. That'll do.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2017, 09:41:43 AM »

Take the goggles off, a draw was about right, we have been that poor for such a long time that that performance is now considered being better through out? Nonsense indeed.

The teams that do well in this league tend to be functional and efficient. Make fewer mistakes than the opposition and you will probably win the game. Our defeat at Newcastle illustrated it perfectly. I haven't seen one team this season where I think they are a joy to watch, the Championship is a grind. That is what we are now doing and long may it continue if it gets us out of this division next season.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »

Brighton was a game we should have won. We were the better side I thought.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2017, 09:49:11 AM »
I couldn't care who was the best team. We won. That'll do.
Indeed, but we didn't win that game which is the point of the original discussion.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:01 AM »
Knowing a few Newcastle fans it is widely regarded among their fans that they have been the worse team in a massive proportion of their games and yet they are top of the league

The teams that do well in this league tend to be functional and efficient. Make fewer mistakes than the opposition and you will probably win the game. Our defeat at Newcastle illustrated it perfectly. I haven't seen one team this season where I think they are a joy to watch, the Championship is a grind. That is what we are now doing and long may it continue if it gets us out of this division next season.

It is widely accepted that Newcastle have been less than convincing in a lot of their games this season and yet they are cantering to the title. Football is simple....score goals and stop the other team scoring goals, the rest is just superfluous BS to give people something to talk about. Ask any manager in the world whether they would rather win a game or entertain the fans and you will get the same answer of all of them.
We won the game, that means we were the better team. The rest is subjective.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal