collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Gregory  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: John Gregory
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
He actually re-tweeted the Andrew Neil speech from the other day but yes, he could have chosen a better source to re-tweet it from obviously.
Seriously if all he tweeted was the Andrew Neil speech people need to calm down.  He probably didn't even spot the source.

I'm sure we've all accidentally retweeted a far right fascist. It's not that difficult to see the source of the tweet.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »
He actually re-tweeted the Andrew Neil speech from the other day but yes, he could have chosen a better source to re-tweet it from obviously.
Seriously if all he tweeted was the Andrew Neil speech people need to calm down.  He probably didn't even spot the source.

I'm sure we've all accidentally retweeted a far right fascist. It's not that difficult to see the source of the tweet.
He might not even know who he is, or the name might not register in the time it takes to retweet.  The nature of twitter is you retweet something you like, you don't necessarily spend time clicking through and double checking the source.   It was a good video, widely shared.  The source was unfortunate but hardly warrants a hysterical reaction.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »
I can't see the Tweet, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Maybe someone pointed out the source, and he has deleted accordingly. He's spent a fair bit of time abroad and been ill so entirely possible he might not know who Tommy Robinson is.

Well, that's me trying to give him the benefit of the doubt anyway...

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
Whilst I know who Tommy Robinson is, the name didn't immediately register with me when I read this post and I had to double check who he was.  I think it would be pretty easy to innocently share from a source like that (it's not the same as sharing posts in the name of BNP, Britain First etc)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 02:10:35 PM »
I thought Tommy Robinson was a reformed character these days or am I wrong?  Must admit haven't heard from him in a while.

No, he's still a horrible racist ******.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 02:11:50 PM »

He might not even know who he is, or the name might not register in the time it takes to retweet.  The nature of twitter is you retweet something you like, you don't necessarily spend time clicking through and double checking the source.   It was a good video, widely shared.  The source was unfortunate but hardly warrants a hysterical reaction.

"Hysterical reaction". Where? I just stopped following him because he retweeted a right wing c**t. He's since deleted it.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »
I thought Tommy Robinson was a reformed character these days or am I wrong?  Must admit haven't heard from him in a while.

No, he's still a horrible racist c***.

He's not racist, he just has genuine concerns about immigration, and brown people, mostly the latter really.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

Reformed into what?

I am out of the loop clearly but I thought I saw him on Newsnight saying he had left whatever group he was a part of - ie the far right one.  But if I am wrong then so be it.  I was never much interested in his views.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »

Reformed into what?

I am out of the loop clearly but I thought I saw him on Newsnight saying he had left whatever group he was a part of - ie the far right one.  But if I am wrong then so be it.  I was never much interested in his views.

left one, joined another, left them, briefly joined a group that actually wasn't completely racist and then left them.  I don't think he's affiliated to anyone right now so he's preaching his own special brand of racist bullshit.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »

Reformed into what?

left one, joined another, left them, briefly joined a group that actually wasn't completely racist and then left them.  I don't think he's affiliated to anyone right now so he's preaching his own special brand of racist bullshit.

I always thought it funny that he refused meat in prison because it was halal. Then on his release went to Nando's to celebrate...who source halal meat.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 02:24:29 PM »
Okay well thank you for enlightening me.  Let's not go overboard about Gregory though.  Is he really racist for retweeting something credible but from a crap source?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »

No, he's still a horrible racist c***.

If you really want to be depressed, read some of the comments.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 05:54:43 PM »
He spoke a lot of crap as Villa manager.

Stands to reason he'll let himself down via any other means of communication.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 06:05:57 PM »
apparently Gregory is proper upset about Chris not following him anymore and deleted his tweet immediately
he has now tweeted a photo of himself holding up a home made banner with 'he'll be back' written on it :)

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 06:31:40 PM »
Tommy Robinson never heard of him, so ive educated myself by reading the posts on this thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal