collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Am I the only one....  (Read 6814 times)

Online N'ZMAV

Re: Am I the only one....
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »
....that only cares about the Villa? I mean that I literally can't stir up any interest in any other team than the Villa. Even the recent Barcelona walking on water performance couldn't get me going.

With the upcoming international break upon us, I couldn't give a monkey's other than a cheeky little accumulator I have placed.

Do others feel as disassociated with the sport as I do, or are you somebody that will watch anything?

I'm pretty much the same.

I hate WBA's fans, and I can't stand the Blues when we play them, but as for Barca, and the other lot - meh.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 01:26:36 PM »
Haven't watched that much prem football this season.

Combination of not having Sky, not going down the pub as much for the big games and finding it a bit more boring as we're not in it so the games don't have as much meaning at the top (or at the bottom in the last 5 years).

That said I have found this season one of the most boring in years.

It's a strange one as we've been winning more regularly than for a long while but how memorable have most of the wins been?

Probably doesn't help we've been so far adrift of the top 6 for the majority of the season so the wins haven't really meant a huge amount.

Even during our dismal premier league recent seasons there's still been some very good results that I can still recall now and fondly look back at....beating Arsenal on the first day in August 2013 3-1, beating Chelsea who were top 1-0 at VP later on in the season (game where Mourinho and two of his players were sent off), last minute Benteke penalty when we beat West Brom 2-1 in 2015 to start the climb to saferty...

I'm afraid I can't quite get worked up beating Burton 2-1 or Blackburn 2-1. Went to both of those games, enjoyed winning them....but had already forgot many details of those games about 48 hours later. Even now asking me who scored the first in the Burton game and I'd have to google it in all honesty.

Hopefully next season will be different, lets have some memorable games....2-0 down in the first half to a local rival and then winning it 3-2 in the last minute (Coventry 2001) y'know like the good old days....

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »
I only keep sky for Golf, NFL and when we are on

I record MOTD and that awful Channel 5 crap but only ever whizz through all the chatting shit and watch the games / goals only (and Brucey interview) - I have never needed a pundit to tell me if it was a good goal or bad defensive mistake

As for the modern football fan - I hear at work people who (quite seriously) have a Premiership team, a Spanish team, MLS team and follow XYZ when Chumps league is on. They are young un but it shows the strength of Murdochs marketsing

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:13 PM »
Depends why they have an interest in teams in other countries. Plenty of Villa fans may well have a soft spot for Portland and Bilbao as examples.

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
Much the same, am only interested in Villa matches apart from some England matches which these days has no villa contingent on the pitch. As for Walking on water I know of only one footballer to achieve this Sir Brian Little

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »
I haven't watched MOTD for years but still have SKY for the football which I don't really watch either.  It tends to be on in the background as I prepare Sunday dinner with the Mother in Law watching Super Sunday and hoping whoever in the top 4 is playing is losing to that other team.  I hate watching us on TV as it alters my personality to Jekyll & Hyde levels.  I am definitely getting rid after this season finishes. So, that leaves me with only watching the Villa live which is how I started.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 04:26:14 PM »
The issues at Villa have made me care a lot less about football in general. That and living in Canada and getting into other sports. But my tolerance for watching England and now any PL football is at an all time low. And I barely pay attention to European football either outside the odd highlight.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »
I watch other English teams in European competition, but only because I want them to fail.

I consume way less sports media than I used to.

Being shit for several years has massively reduce the amount of football I watch or read about. I just don't want to see any more of it.

Online eric woolban woolban

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
I must be the saddest loser on here as I watch most the premier league sky and bt games. Nothing better to me than chilling out watching super sunday.
I watch soccer Saturday too checking in my bets.

Time to re - assess my life I think.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 05:25:32 PM »
I gave up on enjoying the game a long time ago.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 06:53:59 PM »
I'm only interested in Villa and always have been. If Ingerland were playing and the opposition had more Villa players I'd support them.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
looks like i'm the only one then
i love football and support Villa

i could watch any match anywhere anytime, when i used to walk the dog over the fields if there was even some local sunday football being played i would be drawn to watch it for a bit,
football being played at a high level of technical abilty and skill  is one the greatest things in the world for me to see

must be a right sado

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
Villa is all consuming for me, like others I record MOTD , Championship and Goal Rush but only watch if we've won or got a hard earned point but even then only flick through, I do have a soft spot for Glasgow Rangers and a kind of respect for Everton but its all about Villa and any kind of win still gives me great Joy.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 09:33:25 PM »
looks like i'm the only one then
i love football and support Villa

i could watch any match anywhere anytime, when i used to walk the dog over the fields if there was even some local sunday football being played i would be drawn to watch it for a bit,
football being played at a high level of technical abilty and skill  is one the greatest things in the world for me to see

must be a right sado

Nope, I'll watch just about any game, anywhere. I feign indifference in front of gloryhunting fans of big clubs but I still watch their games.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 09:41:25 PM »
Love and watch Villa with a passion, occasionally watch my nephew play football- that's it!!
Don't care for any other team. Don't watch sky, bt or motd. Will tape c5 football if Villa get a result and then fast forward to the game. Don't listen to talksh-te or any radio phone in. Don't read about any football in the papers or online. I've fallen out of love with the game in general. My own children support Villa for me, but they too are lost to the game. 10 years ago I could never have imagined distancing myself from the game as I have done. I just don't like the way football has gone. Always Villa though cause it's in my blood! Glad of Villa forums to keep me up to speed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal